The what's going on in Thrash thread

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/we...princess-estelle-to-attend-metallica-concert/

The headline as usual is horseshit, but the story is funny. Noise level rules were not broken if someone, and it doesn't matter how royal they are, let their kids in there. I'd suggest the rule was broken by the parents and who ever opened the door. But the whole idea that the difference between 5dB at those levels is going to make a difference to 7 years olds that it wont make to 13 year olds is a joke. Anyone who understands the effect on noise knows that 110dB for extended periods can have adverse effects on adults hearing, not just kids. And if she was in VIP room chances are it was a sealed room and the volume was a lot different because it would have been through speakers not the raw sound in the main part of the venue.

I know Sweden has some pretty whacked out laws and they do often seem to be a nanny state but I think making concert age restricted based on sound levels that are still a lot less than many bands play at, including pop bands, seems way over the top.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/we...princess-estelle-to-attend-metallica-concert/

The headline as usual is horseshit, but the story is funny. Noise level rules were not broken if someone, and it doesn't matter how royal they are, let their kids in there. I'd suggest the rule was broken by the parents and who ever opened the door. But the whole idea that the difference between 5dB at those levels is going to make a difference to 7 years olds that it wont make to 13 year olds is a joke. Anyone who understands the effect on noise knows that 110dB for extended periods can have adverse effects on adults hearing, not just kids. And if she was in VIP room chances are it was a sealed room and the volume was a lot different because it would have been through speakers not the raw sound in the main part of the venue.

I know Sweden has some pretty whacked out laws and they do often seem to be a nanny state but I think making concert age restricted based on sound levels that are still a lot less than many bands play at, including pop bands, seems way over the top.
Whoa whoa, just hold on there man. No reason to bring science and reason into this! :p. Yeah the whole thing is very stupid. But I'll take this story over the political ones Blabber is churning out twice a day now. I understand they get clicks. But for fucks sake enough already.

Reactions: Slammed
You like? I haven't listened yet. I've been thinking about getting the new Possessed though.

It's sounds a lot like something from maybe Cause Of Death or even Slowly We Rot.

I don't dislike Possessed, Seven Churches and Beyond the Gates were good albums but I just don't find myself listening to them any more. I also couldn't get into the latest album, not sure why.

Whoa whoa, just hold on there man. No reason to bring science and reason into this! :p. Yeah the whole thing is very stupid. But I'll take this story over the political ones Blabber is churning out twice a day now. I understand they get clicks. But for fucks sake enough already.

Yeah take away the BS headline and it's a funny story. I'm sure every country has nanny state rules of some kind and therefore laughing at Sweden for this rule probably isn't fair but it's still funny :) ...and you're right it's better than Ted Nugent telling us he's in love with Donald Trump and can play the guitar.

It's sounds a lot like something from maybe Cause Of Death or even Slowly We Rot.

I don't dislike Possessed, Seven Churches and Beyond the Gates were good albums but I just don't find myself listening to them any more. I also couldn't get into the latest album, not sure why.
I've heard those Possessed albums a couple times in the past but I don't really have them in memory to compare them to what I've heard of the new one so I can't really like it less or more.

Yeah take away the BS headline and it's a funny story. I'm sure every country has nanny state rules of some kind and therefore laughing at Sweden for this rule probably isn't fair but it's still funny :) ...and you're right it's better than Ted Nugent telling us he's in love with Donald Trump and can play the guitar.
Yeah I'm sure we all have weird ass laws. But damn Sweden does seem exceptionally wimpy.
Lol Nugent really loves to tell people how great of a player he is huh?! Not to mention great in pretty much every way, Talk about living in a fantasy world.

I've heard those Possessed albums a couple times in the past but I don't really have them in memory to compare them to what I've heard of the new one so I can't really like it less or more.

Maybe I just didn't give the new one a go like I gave the older ones a go in their day but I do think there is better in the genre.

Yeah I'm sure we all have weird ass laws. But damn Sweden does seem exceptionally wimpy.
Lol Nugent really loves to tell people how great of a player he is huh?! Not to mention great in pretty much every way, Talk about living in a fantasy world.

It's funny how we don't hear about laws in these countries until we hear the silly ones. We have a law in one state here (I can't remember which) that states it's illegal to tie your horse up and leave it outside of a pub. It's a law that is 150 years old but it's never been changed so technically still applicable. Very few people know about it, but guarantee someone gets done by the law and it will be world wide news because of how weird it is.

I know the name Nugent but I couldn't tell you anything he's done other than praise Trump. I'm glad he's one of your 100 all time greatest guitarist because I don't know enough about him to rank him anywhere else :)

Overkill dropped this on FB not long back, they re touring with them in September.

they don't sound too bad

It's funny how we don't hear about laws in these countries until we hear the silly ones. We have a law in one state here (I can't remember which) that states it's illegal to tie your horse up and leave it outside of a pub. It's a law that is 150 years old but it's never been changed so technically still applicable. Very few people know about it, but guarantee someone gets done by the law and it will be world wide news because of how weird it is.

I know the name Nugent but I couldn't tell you anything he's done other than praise Trump. I'm glad he's one of your 100 all time greatest guitarist because I don't know enough about him to rank him anywhere else :)
Yeah we have our share too. I don't remember where it was and it's obviously not enforced. It's very old but still on the books. But the law says it's illegal to hang your undergarments on the clothesline.

I can literally name a hundred guys off the top of my head way better than Nugent. Not counting international.

Yeah we have our share too. I don't remember where it was and it's obviously not enforced. It's very old but still on the books. But the law says it's illegal to hang your undergarments on the clothesline.

I can literally name a hundred guys off the top of my head way better than Nugent. Not counting international.

It makes you wonder how people did things back in the day when such laws needed to be made. We constantly have people bitching about the cops enforcing laws like speed limits (apparently all speed limits should either be arbitrary based on conditions or the actual limit +10% for those who can't maintain a speed). But if the cops really got serious and booked people for every law infringement, including archaic ones, we'd all be getting fines the minute we walked out the door.

See now you are just bruising Nugent's ego.

I like it overall, not completely sold on the vocals.

Yeah I was thinking the same, not sure if it's the German national singing in English or just a style. I think they'd be a good band to support Overkill, they could definitely get the crowd kicking.

Wow I wonder if they'll do new stuff. Man major labels seemed like such a good idea. But this band wasn't on one and they're getting everything re released Meanwhile bands like Testament and Flotsam will never have their major label stuff redone.
www.blabbermouth.net/news/anacrusis-to-reunite-for-special-hometown-show-in-december/

I didn't know they needed to 'reunite' I didn't think they ever actually broke up.

It's true these guys did do everything themselves and whatever success they have had is all theirs to claim. I'm always surprised by how many people know them given that they seem to be so unknown. Whether they could have been bigger or not with a major label pushing them remains to be seen but every metal head seems to know something from their career and with everything free to download from their website it's also easy for people to become new fans.

It makes you wonder how people did things back in the day when such laws needed to be made. We constantly have people bitching about the cops enforcing laws like speed limits (apparently all speed limits should either be arbitrary based on conditions or the actual limit +10% for those who can't maintain a speed). But if the cops really got serious and booked people for every law infringement, including archaic ones, we'd all be getting fines the minute we walked out the door.

See now you are just bruising Nugent's ego.
If they enforced all those laws everyone would be locked up at some point lol. Fortunately I don't think most of them know about or care anymore about those laws than we do.

Nah I'm sure I'm just a commie to Nuge :rolleyes:

I didn't know they needed to 'reunite' I didn't think they ever actually broke up.

It's true these guys did do everything themselves and whatever success they have had is all theirs to claim. I'm always surprised by how many people know them given that they seem to be so unknown. Whether they could have been bigger or not with a major label pushing them remains to be seen but every metal head seems to know something from their career and with everything free to download from their website it's also easy for people to become new fans.
I thought they did break up but I never really followed them. Just can't follow everyone especially before the interweb. I have Screams And Whispers that I inherited from a friend but it's pretty badly scratched. So I know of them and know some stuff but I'm far from an expert.