The what's going on in Thrash thread

I went on a similar thing about 20 years ago, it wasn't metal but it was a Christmas party for Safeway staff and everything was supplied. Even with metal bands I haven't heard of I don't think I'd be rushing for free pizza.

Reactions: redfly
Can't get Satan's Taint locally here at the moment. The record shop in the shopping centre has closed down for renos and they wont be open for a week at least. I'm going to the bigger shop later today to pick up a copy of Hatriot so I'll ask there but I'm not hopeful.

These guys still cut it live by the look of it.

Even in a small shed with only about 50 people present it's still a bigger gig than the last Skid Row gig :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
While the original joke keeps making dickhead statements in the press the jokes will exist :)

The two new songs in that short set are pretty solid songs although when I was watching it the sound was out by about half a second.

Or in this case stupid doesn't do.

Maybe it was Phil, he is getting old his actions might be slower than his sound!

Never mind that new Satans Taint,kinda awful.The singers got a pretty good voice but the production is crap and the material is a little weak. I really was expecting better!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Never mind that new Satans Taint,kinda awful.The singers got a pretty good voice but the production is crap and the material is a little weak. I really was expecting better!
Well shit, that sucks. I figured with him being on a label this time that the production would be better than last time. It wasn't too bad last time but needed some work. Can't believe it's worse lol.

I was listening to Souls Of Black today (and yes it's been too long) but it had me wondering how it would sound if it was recorded today. Chuck's voice has change quite a bit over the years, at times during SOB he sounds almost Mustaine like the way he hangs on some of the words. I wonder if he'd do the same thing trying to re-record it today or whether he'd do it with his current style which is a lot more unique.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune