The what's going on in Thrash thread

I was listening to Souls Of Black today (and yes it's been too long) but it had me wondering how it would sound if it was recorded today. Chuck's voice has change quite a bit over the years, at times during SOB he sounds almost Mustaine like the way he hangs on some of the words. I wonder if he'd do the same thing trying to re-record it today or whether he'd do it with his current style which is a lot more unique.
They did re record it a few years ago for guitar hero or Rock Band, one of those. It's not as good. That's why I was always hoping for just a remaster of the old albums with just the drums beefed up. Eric wanted to do that but Atlantic are dicks.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
They did re record it a few years ago for guitar hero or Rock Band, one of those. It's not as good. That's why I was always hoping for just a remaster of the old albums with just the drums beefed up. Eric wanted to do that but Atlantic are dicks.

They re-recorded the whole album for a game? Did Chuck's vocals change much? I know live versions these days he seems to sing with more venom but have't heard anything that's been re-recorded.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I'm glad I never got into those band game things. We played the original with for a little while but I really didn't like the music (and it had nothing to do with the fact I couldn't get used to those small guitars). I missed so many good(?) songs by not following the progress of all the games :)

I'm glad I never got into those band game things. We played the original with for a little while but I really didn't like the music (and it had nothing to do with the fact I couldn't get used to those small guitars). I missed so many good(?) songs by not following the progress of all the games :)
Yeah me too. The music. Plus if I'm playing a game I want to blow shit up lol.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
http://bravewords.com/news/annihila...ng-to-be-my-angry-album-which-is-a-bit-ironic
I wonder what a move to the UK is going to do for the next album. With luck it will be something really good but I don't think I've felt that way about an Annihilator album for a while now.
I'm surprised BW actually transcribed that much of the interview! I hope he can pull off and angry album. I don't have a ton of faith in him though. He's too silly of a guy. But if he can do it I'll buy it.

Reactions: Neptune
Yeah me too. The music. Plus if I'm playing a game I want to blow shit up lol.

Yeah I totally agree. We were having the discussion with one of my daughters on the weekend because Dad's got himself a cockpit set up now for his flight sims and she was talking about how exciting it must be to play fly an aeroplane. I told her that we thought the flight sims were boring because there was no guns on the jumbo jet....she didn't understand :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I'm surprised BW actually transcribed that much of the interview! I hope he can pull off and angry album. I don't have a ton of faith in him though. He's too silly of a guy. But if he can do it I'll buy it.

Yeah I agree if the album's really worth it I'll buy it, but I'm not sure he's capable of something like Alice In Hell any more.

Fuck me! I can barely move. I screwed my back volunteering at the kids school today. I don't think I have felt the twist, pinch, snap feeling through my back that I had for about 20 years. It laid me out for a good ten minutes and I haven't been able to walk upright since it happened. If I'm still crouched over like this in the morning I'm going to end up in the hospital. Damn I'm thankful for being such a good person and volunteering my time to do some concreting.

Thanks man. I have back issues from time to time, stupid shit like getting something out of the fridge and feeling a twinge which hurts instantly and for a short time. Other times I have aches that are more annoying than anything else and just make me move slower. But I haven't fucked myself this bad for ages. It is better this morning and I can move but I feel like I'm one twist away from snapping something. Fuck this good Samaritan shit and helping the community I'm going to become a hermit and live by myself in the dark. :)

Yeah I totally agree. We were having the discussion with one of my daughters on the weekend because Dad's got himself a cockpit set up now for his flight sims and she was talking about how exciting it must be to play fly an aeroplane. I told her that we thought the flight sims were boring because there was no guns on the jumbo jet....she didn't understand :)
Haha. Guns on a jumbo would awesome!. I used to love flight sim games. But I haven't played one in a really long time.

Reactions: Slammed
Fuck me! I can barely move. I screwed my back volunteering at the kids school today. I don't think I have felt the twist, pinch, snap feeling through my back that I had for about 20 years. It laid me out for a good ten minutes and I haven't been able to walk upright since it happened. If I'm still crouched over like this in the morning I'm going to end up in the hospital. Damn I'm thankful for being such a good person and volunteering my time to do some concreting.
Oh shit man that sucks! I hope it gets better soon!

Reactions: Slammed
Haha. Guns on a jumbo would awesome!. I used to love flight sim games. But I haven't played one in a really long time.

I liked the idea of flight sims but never had the patience to just fly a plane for point a to b. When the first military flight sims came out I was more interested because of the guns. But my dad never lost his interest in them and now that he's got the time and the money to go over the top with it he's doing it.

Reactions: redfly