The what's going on in Thrash thread

Chuck really gives his neck a work out mid song, the old fella should watch himself.
Alex has the rock guitarist pose sorted, a little make up and he could be playing in a glam metal band. :)
Chuck is also very out of breath at the end of the song, he might not take much to recover but you can see him working hard and getting his breath back. He's a big boy I hope he's taken some of Gene's stamina powder!
He says he jogs and stuff. But I kind of doubt it.

Reactions: Slammed
He says he jogs and stuff. But I kind of doubt it.

I think the guy is probably fitter than me (so I shouldn't throw stones) and no doubt it takes a lot to sing and headbang like he does but that bit towards the end of the clip where he's panting so hard does make it look like he's struggling.

Reactions: redfly
Lol that was the first thing I thought of when I read the headline. Someone should tell him the last physical product by them is also very disposable.

Given that it's an interview with some Aussie interviewer he might be in town, I could go and tell him in person...

...Actually no I couldn't, even if he is in town he's 3 hours away, I'm not travelling that far for him.

I think the guy is probably fitter than me (so I shouldn't throw stones) and no doubt it takes a lot to sing and headbang like he does but that bit towards the end of the clip where he's panting so hard does make it look like he's struggling.
Well, I'm just saying he's not very animated on stage usually. Really I haven't seen him do much except air guitar since after the tour for The Gathering. And he says his health is back to normal after his recuperation from kicking cancers ass. He says he runs or jogs so I would think his stamina level would be pretty good and he wouldn't be out of breath headbanging. I personally think he could do a little more as front man than play air guitar ( as awesome as it is! ) but. This is great to see! I haven't seen him headbang like that in a long time, not even for the blueray. And although he gets a little winded he never missed a word or beat and sounds awesome. So great performance by him!
:headbang: and then I remember he's 56 now so forget what I said midway lol.
Alex still fudged the solo.

Last edited:
Well, I'm just saying he's not very animated on stage usually. Really I haven't seen him do much except air guitar since after the tour for The Gathering. And he says his health is back to normal after his recuperation from kicking cancers ass. He says he runs or jogs so I would think his stamina level would be pretty good and he wouldn't be out of breath headbanging. I personally think he could do a little more as front man than play air guitar ( as awesome as it is! ) but. This is great to see! I haven't seen him headbang like that in a long time, not even for the blueray. And although he gets a little winded he never missed a word or beat and sounds awesome. So great performance by him!
:headbang: and then I remember he's 56 now so forget what I said midway lol.
Alex still fudged the solo.

I'm still hobbling around with a screwed back, I don't run and if I head bang I hurt my neck. Even his out of breath state after that headbanging and singing beats me at the moment. The fact that he's still got more in the tank frankly is just embarrassing to me.

It's that streak in Alex's hair, it's putting him off :p

Yeah pretty cool that it's actually all tracked. Portnoy is the only IF factor for me.

I can't figure out how Portnoy remembers what to play. It's all good and well for Gene and Gary to be so busy they don't have time to scratch themselves but they are busy with only a few bands. Portnoy seems to always have 10 different bands/projects on the go.

Damn. Because that would be great!

Given it's their first tour here and it will be a small crowd I wonder if there will be a call for the old MC classics rather than the new shit that I really haven't heard too many praise.

I'm still hobbling around with a screwed back, I don't run and if I head bang I hurt my neck. Even his out of breath state after that headbanging and singing beats me at the moment. The fact that he's still got more in the tank frankly is just embarrassing to me.

It's that streak in Alex's hair, it's putting him off :p
Still messed up huh? Maybe you need some of Chuck's special medicine :p;)

Given it's their first tour here and it will be a small crowd I wonder if there will be a call for the old MC classics rather than the new shit that I really haven't heard too many praise.
I'm almost sure it's gonna be 99% classics. I wonder how the turn out will be. I just noticed that interview is from January lol. Wtf.

Still messed up huh? Maybe you need some of Chuck's special medicine :p;)

Yeah bed seems to fuck it up the worst. I had a prick of a night with no sleep last night, then after school pick up I went and laid down to watch some tv and now I can barely walk. Chuck better send me some of that medicine before bed time tonight or I might be sleeping in the chair :)

I'm almost sure it's gonna be 99% classics. I wonder how the turn out will be. I just noticed that interview is from January lol. Wtf.

Seriously? I didn't check the date on it. That's bloody terrible. It wasn't an overly slow news day yet they can still drag something out from that long ago. I guess it is a reminder for Aussie fans that they are here on the 29th but it still seems odd to drag out an interview that old.

I just tried to book tickets to the Melbourne event, they have dropped the price down to $50 a ticket (about $34 USD) and there is plenty left for an 800 capacity room.

Yeah bed seems to fuck it up the worst. I had a prick of a night with no sleep last night, then after school pick up I went and laid down to watch some tv and now I can barely walk. Chuck better send me some of that medicine before bed time tonight or I might be sleeping in the chair :)
Oh man. I think I was that bad about a month and a half ago. Not being able to walk and bed making it worse is miserable! Tell Chuck asap!

Seriously? I didn't check the date on it. That's bloody terrible. It wasn't an overly slow news day yet they can still drag something out from that long ago. I guess it is a reminder for Aussie fans that they are here on the 29th but it still seems odd to drag out an interview that old.

I just tried to book tickets to the Melbourne event, they have dropped the price down to $50 a ticket (about $34 USD) and there is plenty left for an 800 capacity room.
Lol yeah even the interviewer was in no rush to get it out lol. He must have actually heard the album. A price drop on a room that big for a band that has a name that old and hasn't been there does not sound encouraging!