The what's going on in Thrash thread

Oh man. I think I was that bad about a month and a half ago. Not being able to walk and bed making it worse is miserable! Tell Chuck asap!

Yeah my back injuries always seem to be the sort that are made worse by bed, maybe it's the bed, maybe it's the injury but that's what it seems like. Chuck might have problems exporting to this country, the government has a tenancy to not like special medicines being sent through the mail.

Reactions: redfly
Lol yeah even the interviewer was in no rush to get it out lol. He must have actually heard the album. A price drop on a room that big for a band that has a name that old and hasn't been there does not sound encouraging!

There is a few things against the gig, the location isn't great, the venue is average, but Dee Snider sold it out for both his spoken words and music shows so MC should really sell it out based on their name alone.

Yeah my back injuries always seem to be the sort that are made worse by bed, maybe it's the bed, maybe it's the injury but that's what it seems like. Chuck might have problems exporting to this country, the government has a tenancy to not like special medicines being sent through the mail.
Lol, but it's special native medicine! Chuck is your Shaman and it's required for religious as well as medical needs. No? won't work? Yeah it was a stretch :)

I have the same problem. Don't know if it's the bed or not.

Reactions: Slammed
There is a few things against the gig, the location isn't great, the venue is average, but Dee Snider sold it out for both his spoken words and music shows so MC should really sell it out based on their name alone.
Maybe people filled for Dee because of all the controversy with the politician. Which seems to have conveniently stopped being covered since Dee's shows.

Lol, but it's special native medicine! Chuck is your Shaman and it's required for religious as well as medical needs. No? won't work? Yeah it was a stretch :)

I have the same problem. Don't know if it's the bed or not.

I think our government might disagree with Chuck's shaman qualifications. They do let whack jobs who preach hate and segregation into the country but letting a shaman is which his magical herbs would be a no I think.

I reckon I might get a hammock, no idea if that's a good idea for sore backs but I think it would be cool to have a hammock in the bedroom.

Maybe people filled for Dee because of all the controversy with the politician. Which seems to have conveniently stopped being covered since Dee's shows.

The best part about all that controversy is that since Dee fucked off it hasn't even made the news. I can't even find an update on what happened in the case. Maybe if Clive Palmer used Badlands or something for a new range of ads Metal Church could get some publicity.

I think our government might disagree with Chuck's shaman qualifications. They do let whack jobs who preach hate and segregation into the country but letting a shaman is which his magical herbs would be a no I think.

I reckon I might get a hammock, no idea if that's a good idea for sore backs but I think it would be cool to have a hammock in the bedroom.
That's sounds like a great idea!

Well I did think about just avoiding bed, but sleeping standing up is not that comfortable either.

Unless you are a dedicated fan of the band, which I'm sure you're not, I wouldn't bother with the Destruction album. I did hope the first single was an indication of what the rest of the album would be like but it's really not. Pretty much like every one of their albums there is a couple of really good songs and the rest are just generic thrash.

Suicidal Angels is a bit better, faster guitar work, heavier and the vocalist is a bit different to many current bands, but I'm not sure that's enough to make the album a must have.

Unless you are a dedicated fan of the band, which I'm sure you're not, I wouldn't bother with the Destruction album. I did hope the first single was an indication of what the rest of the album would be like but it's really not. Pretty much like every one of their albums there is a couple of really good songs and the rest are just generic thrash.

Suicidal Angels is a bit better, faster guitar work, heavier and the vocalist is a bit different to many current bands, but I'm not sure that's enough to make the album a must have.
Yeah I'm not a die hard. But still very good to know!

Yeah I'm not a die hard. But still very good to know!

I think Destruction could grow on a person with a few plays. It's definitely not a killer album but there are a few good songs on it. I just wish they could put it all together and make one killer album. I know some people praise their first few albums as classic albums and they are good but not one of the is great start to end. Give them their dues for being once of the early thrash bands but if they could make 12 killer songs it would be great.

There is something fresh about Suicidal Angels, but again their earlier stuff is probably better.

It's not pro and maybe it's a little quite but it still sounds pretty good.
Remember when this Brotherhood came out they said they wanted to keep adding as many new songs as possible? They never really branched out from the first ones they did. :cry:. I was always hoping for Centuries Of Suffering or The Numbers Game, even Neptune's Spear. :bah:

This one also has Electric Crown

This one has the full Formation before Alone In The Dark

I guess when you have an extensive list of songs its hard to add new songs to the classic hits. As good as these festivals are for exposure I think that bands like Testament suffer a bit because they rarely get the headlining slot and 40 odd minutes makes it really hard to play a good range of songs. Even touring with Slayer I think I remember seeing their slot was only 45-50 mins, with Chucky chat that's really only about 10 songs, gotta be hard to add new songs to that. Maybe with the new album we'll get some headlining gigs and they'll get to fill a 90 minute or greater set.

I guess when you have an extensive list of songs its hard to add new songs to the classic hits. As good as these festivals are for exposure I think that bands like Testament suffer a bit because they rarely get the headlining slot and 40 odd minutes makes it really hard to play a good range of songs. Even touring with Slayer I think I remember seeing their slot was only 45-50 mins, with Chucky chat that's really only about 10 songs, gotta be hard to add new songs to that. Maybe with the new album we'll get some headlining gigs and they'll get to fill a 90 minute or greater set.
I totally get what you're saying. But I refuse to accept that lol. It's not like this is some classic rock band. As a fan who has followed them for years I want new stuff. I want it mixed up. The classics are for the fair weather fans who haven't kept up with the band and just want to show their kid what they used to be into. Thrash bands should keep it fresh, there's always room for Over The Wall and songs like that. They used to play a good mix. But not since the reunion. I also find it weird that they don't do Return To Serenity. It's probably their biggest hit and could be a good crowd moment with the lighters up...or cell phones nowadays lol. Chuck looked so happy doing it a few years ago overseas with that band put together for..I think it was some special Christmas show?
I blame laziness.
I don't even think they got 40-45 minutes with Slayer unfortunately. :yell: