The what's going on in Thrash thread

Oh my fucking god. The question just makes them look like an idiot that knows jack shit about thrash. And Alex..c'mon. A seniority thing? Maybe if they think they would have sold as many records if they'd come out earlier. But that's a maybe that can never be answered.
Record Sales! :mad:

I honestly thought we'd gotten over the Big 4 questions about 15 years ago. I figured all the different ways the question could be asked had been and that all the bands were sick of answering the question, but apparently not. It's like a new fad to ask bands about the Big 4.

I get the feeling that in a few years time reporters are going to be asking thrash bands that had their first release in the 90's if they feel bad they weren't included in the Big 4.

Reactions: redfly
If it wasn't written on the video I would have no idea what that says lol.

Yeah it's not quite a black metal logo but knowing the name definitely makes the "t" at either end a bit more recognisable. They've been a fairly consistent band over the years, not quite SOD but close enough given even SOD couldn't pull off an SOD any more :)

I honestly thought we'd gotten over the Big 4 questions about 15 years ago. I figured all the different ways the question could be asked had been and that all the bands were sick of answering the question, but apparently not. It's like a new fad to ask bands about the Big 4.

I get the feeling that in a few years time reporters are going to be asking thrash bands that had their first release in the 90's if they feel bad they weren't included in the Big 4.
Hahaha they totally will. Stupid reporters. I mean I can think of dozens of questions to ask these people that would never touch the Big4 question.

Reactions: Slammed
I couldn't actually name a song of theirs and probably wouldn't recognise one if it was played.
I can't name much but I'd probably recognize it from the spastic nature and Patton's voice. When I was out in Oregon in 98 my girlfriend bought an album of theirs. I think it was new at the time. It had a ton of songs and they were all like 15 seconds long and consisted of some quick noise and Patton yelping and then it was onto the next song that sounded like the same thing. It was awful. But there is some stuff I like.

Hahaha they totally will. Stupid reporters. I mean I can think of dozens of questions to ask these people that would never touch the Big4 question.

I agree, even if the big 4 question is only a small part of a larger interview it's still a question wasted.

I can't name much but I'd probably recognize it from the spastic nature and Patton's voice. When I was out in Oregon in 98 my girlfriend bought an album of theirs. I think it was new at the time. It had a ton of songs and they were all like 15 seconds long and consisted of some quick noise and Patton yelping and then it was onto the next song that sounded like the same thing. It was awful. But there is some stuff I like.

I remember Patton in Faith No More but really haven't followed anything else he's done. I wasn't really a fan of FNM either but at the time The Real Thing came out the singles were played on every radio station every hour of the day and it was hard to avoid.

I remember Patton in Faith No More but really haven't followed anything else he's done. I wasn't really a fan of FNM either but at the time The Real Thing came out the singles were played on every radio station every hour of the day and it was hard to avoid.
I really liked them but I definitely felt it when they got a different guitarist. They lost a little metal.

I really liked them but I definitely felt it when they got a different guitarist. They lost a little metal.

BY the time Angel Dust came out I think I was totally over them and after that I really didn't hear much about what any of the band did.

This was posted on the Testament FB page not long ago. Not sure when exactly it's taking place but I estimate that it's in about 16 hours.

Tune in for Testament livestream at Summer Breeze Open Air 2019 (via Rockpalast) scheduled for tomorrow, August 15th at 6:20pm GMT!
Not sure if that means it's streamed on FB or on the Rockpalast FB page but it's going to be there somewhere.

I think right now it's about 3:30am GMT on the 15th so that would put it about 15 hours away now. But my calculations might be out.

Tried to make time the other day so thanks Once Again Slammed,How’s the back?Much Better I Hope!

Yeah it's improving, thanks. Still have the odd moment and I'm not ready for a night of head banging but at least I can walk upright :)