The what's going on in Thrash thread

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sl...gs-primary-sponsor-at-bristol-motor-speedway/

We don't get NASCAR here on anything but subscription services so it's not like it's a big deal to me but the sport is known world round as being a tough sport yet here they are being pussies. Megadeth got a run on a NASCAR a few weeks back yet Slayer get concerns from other teams? WTF is the concern about a way a car is painted?

10 or 15 years ago Larry The Cable Guy did a routine about how bad sponsorship was getting in NASCAR and that it would eventually lead to things like the Tampax Cup and the <insert name> Panty Liner 500. Looks like such sponsorship might be finally suited to a sport that is too weak to have some Slayer livery on the cars.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ce...ngs-they-butchered-it-and-it-was-humiliating/

I think this is funny stuff. I don't mind a bit of Celtic Frost, but I'm not a huge fan of Tom himself, however to call out Metallica like this is funny.

Why don't they leave their millionaire fingers off it?
What a classic line.

He does admit that there is a lot of personal dislike in his comments because he can't take James seriously since he hunts bears (which I didn't know), but even without that I think it's still funny to see someone speak out like he is. I wonder if Tom G has an album to promote? :)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sl...gs-primary-sponsor-at-bristol-motor-speedway/

We don't get NASCAR here on anything but subscription services so it's not like it's a big deal to me but the sport is known world round as being a tough sport yet here they are being pussies. Megadeth got a run on a NASCAR a few weeks back yet Slayer get concerns from other teams? WTF is the concern about a way a car is painted?

10 or 15 years ago Larry The Cable Guy did a routine about how bad sponsorship was getting in NASCAR and that it would eventually lead to things like the Tampax Cup and the <insert name> Panty Liner 500. Looks like such sponsorship might be finally suited to a sport that is too weak to have some Slayer livery on the cars.
I think Nascar is pretty stupid. This might actually have been cool. I can't believe people are still scared of music in 2019.

Edit: lol, tampon car.

Reactions: Slammed
Nice thanks! I looked for it before I crashed out but I didn't see anything.

I haven't watched it all yet, but what I saw looks and sounds okay. Not sure if there is a set list somewhere in the comments so not sure what they played either.

I think Nascar is pretty stupid. This might actually have been cool. I can't believe people are still scared of music in 2019.

Edit: lol, tampon car.

It makes me wonder what they are scared of. If they were scared of the music genre you'd have to suggest the Megadeth car wouldn't have gotten past the whiners. If it's the name and something to do with people being scared that mass murders might like the sport because only mass murdered like Slayer fair enough, but say so. To pander to a few teams who complained but not say what the complaint was does make them sound like they should be sponsored by Tampax.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ce...ngs-they-butchered-it-and-it-was-humiliating/

I think this is funny stuff. I don't mind a bit of Celtic Frost, but I'm not a huge fan of Tom himself, however to call out Metallica like this is funny.

Why don't they leave their millionaire fingers off it?
What a classic line.

He does admit that there is a lot of personal dislike in his comments because he can't take James seriously since he hunts bears (which I didn't know), but even without that I think it's still funny to see someone speak out like he is. I wonder if Tom G has an album to promote? :)
Haha, yeah I'm not a regular fan of theirs either. But I get his displeasure. IF you consider yourself an artist, to have your song treated like a jokey doodle could be taken as disrespectful. It'd be like if McDonalds had been around when Michelangelo was and they put his art on a Happy Meal.
Yeah I didn't know he was still killing them for sport. I knew he did from the Some Kind Of Monster movie they made. I believe he missed his kids 1st birthday to go kill a bear in Russia. Personally it disgusts me. In general I feel hunting for anything but food is a very scumbag thing.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder what they are scared of. If they were scared of the music genre you'd have to suggest the Megadeth car wouldn't have gotten past the whiners. If it's the name and something to do with people being scared that mass murders might like the sport because only mass murdered like Slayer fair enough, but say so. To pander to a few teams who complained but not say what the complaint was does make them sound like they should be sponsored by Tampax.
Yeah it doesn't really make any sense to me either. It sounded like the driver was pretty happy about it.
And yeah, if you're gonna be pussies and pull it give a real reason.

Haha, yeah I'm not a regular fan of theirs either. but I get his displeasure. IF you consider yourself an artist to have your song treated like a jokey doodle could be taken as disrespectful. It'd be like if McDonalds had been around when Michaelangelo was and they put his art on a Happy Meal.
Yeah I didn't know he was still killing them for sport. I knew he did from the Some Kind Of Monster movie they made. I believe he missed his kids 1st birthday to go kill a bear in Russia. Personally it disgusts me. In general I feel hunting for anything but food is a very scumbag thing.

I haven't heard the doodles for Celtic Frost, and probably don't know them well enough to count the mistakes, but they've done a lot of them and from memory this is the first time they've been called out. That doesn't mean the rest have been great but I do think in a way it's a tribute to the originals when they do it. Let's face it had it been any other band Tom wouldn't have said anything. But none of that changes the fact that it's all funny and picking on Metallica with their mistakes and millionaire fingers is original.

Doing it just once is reason enough to dislike the guy, but if he does it as a sport I can definitely see where Tom's annoyance comes from. I would have thought it would have been in the news more if it was a regular thing, but even if it's not I'm not going to tell Tom off for holding a grudge against James. I do find it kind of funny that he dislikes James yet he picks on Kirk and Rob :)

I'll have to wait till tonight to check it out.

Yeah I might get a chance later to finish it, not sure what I can be bothered doing today. I should really do some weed killing and prepare for the vegie growing season but I'm not sure I'm up to it.

Yeah it doesn't really make any sense to me either. It sounded like the driver was pretty happy about it.
And yeah, if you're gonna be pussies and pull it give a real reason.

It's got to be the tamest artwork of Slayer's ever to be banned :)

I haven't heard the doodles for Celtic Frost, and probably don't know them well enough to count the mistakes, but they've done a lot of them and from memory this is the first time they've been called out. That doesn't mean the rest have been great but I do think in a way it's a tribute to the originals when they do it. Let's face it had it been any other band Tom wouldn't have said anything. But none of that changes the fact that it's all funny and picking on Metallica with their mistakes and millionaire fingers is original.

Doing it just once is reason enough to dislike the guy, but if he does it as a sport I can definitely see where Tom's annoyance comes from. I would have thought it would have been in the news more if it was a regular thing, but even if it's not I'm not going to tell Tom off for holding a grudge against James. I do find it kind of funny that he dislikes James yet he picks on Kirk and Rob :)
I suppose it's up to every individual artist to decide if it's a good thing or bad and if they should say something or not. I suppose I give him credit for not being an ass kisser. I can't fault the guy for taking his music seriously. And I can't really fault them for not taking it seriously. Although all the doodles I've heard are pretty fucking half assed. But so are the versions of their own songs :p.

Personally I think someone who kills for sport (especially an animal that's been killed into protective status at times and villified) and to feel happy has some serious character defects. There was a story either last year or earlier this year of a hunter who shot a bear on the side of a mountain. The bear fell and rolled down and crushed the guy to serious injury. I admit, I chuckled.

Last edited:
I suppose it's up to every individual artist to decide if it's a good thing or bad and if they should say something or not. I suppose I give him credit for not being an ass kisser. I can't fault the guy for taking his music seriously. And I can't really fault them for not taking it seriously. Although all the doodles I've heard are pretty fucking half assed. But so are the versions of their own songs :p.

Personally I think someone who kills for sport (especially an animal that's been killed into protective status at times and villified) and to feel happy has some serious character defects. There was a story either last year or earlier this year of a hunter who shot a bear on the side of a mountain. The bear fell and rolled down and crushed the guy to serious injury. I admit, I chuckled.

I give credit where it's due, if James and Lars are so worn out that they need a little nap yet Kirk and Rob can go on and doodle around then good on them for not being whimps :)

Some of those videos where the animals hit back are quite funny and I agree killing for sport, especially a protected animal, is ridiculous. There is a lot of things about James that have surprised me over the years and maybe it's because he can afford to live a life of excess I don't really know but sadly when someone calls him out on a such a topic I'm just not surprised to hear there is truth to him doing the act. I think James let success go to his head early on and in a different way to Lars (Lars was bred to believe he was the best at what he did) and that success has led him to believe he can piss on anyone below him. I also give Tom credit for admitting early that his comments were personal because he didn't like James, he could have said nothing and let an argument ensue about why he said what he did.

I give credit where it's due, if James and Lars are so worn out that they need a little nap yet Kirk and Rob can go on and doodle around then good on them for not being whimps :)

Some of those videos where the animals hit back are quite funny and I agree killing for sport, especially a protected animal, is ridiculous. There is a lot of things about James that have surprised me over the years and maybe it's because he can afford to live a life of excess I don't really know but sadly when someone calls him out on a such a topic I'm just not surprised to hear there is truth to him doing the act. I think James let success go to his head early on and in a different way to Lars (Lars was bred to believe he was the best at what he did) and that success has led him to believe he can piss on anyone below him. I also give Tom credit for admitting early that his comments were personal because he didn't like James, he could have said nothing and let an argument ensue about why he said what he did.
Yeah Kirk does his yoga and Rob has his crabwalk cardio, they may have more energy.:tickled:

Yeah James seems pretty appreciate of his fans but that's about it. In any other way I can think of he's a miserable dbag. Weird that Lar's dad seems so cool lol.

Yeah Kirk does his yoga and Rob has his crabwalk cardio, they may have more energy.:tickled:

Yeah James seems pretty appreciate of his fans but that's about it. In any other way I can think of he's a miserable dbag. Weird that Lar's dad seems so cool lol.

Haha. Maybe Rob should teach James to do the crabwalk and the two of them can walk the stage left to right both in the pose to keep the fitness levels up. Lars could possibly trying drumming to get his exercise.

James might have realised during one of his drug hazes that the fans were buying him all those drugs so showing them respect was only fair. It was Lars' dad that original force fed him the attitude that he must succeed at tennis and be the best, and I suppose that's not an entirely bad attitude to have but like all things it should come in moderation. It seems his dad understands the moderation thing now but Lars hasn't yet worked out his ego can be rested from time to time.

Yeah! or Cannibal Corpse's Butchered At Birth cover, that's freakin brutal.

They could do an entire race with metal sponsorship. I'd watch the race just to hear the commentators fit terms like 'the butchered at birth Camero', 'the back from the dead Ford', or 'the scream bloody gore Toyota' into the race commentary