The what's going on in Thrash thread

Maybe Blabber could write a few dodgy articles with quotes from 30 years ago and then the commentors can start a #bringchuckback chant.

I know Jnr is dedicated to Megadeth (despite no longer being an equal partner in turn for friendship) but I think Dave Snr might want to watch Jnr a little more closely. Not everything he's doing is my idea of great but he's getting a fairly strong fan base for everything from his solo shows to his Attitudes and Altitudes shows to his Metal Allegiance shows. Without Megadeth playing Jnr might realise he doesn't need to make the band a priority.
Aww c'mon. Would Blabber do that?...twice in one day? :)

I was surprised by how many views the video had when I watched it. Hey if Jr leaves Dave could get Greg Christian. That would be sweet.

Reactions: Slammed
Aww c'mon. Would Blabber do that?...twice in one day? :)

I was surprised by how many views the video had when I watched it. Hey if Jr leaves Dave could get Greg Christian. That would be sweet.

Blabber first have to chose if they want to bring Chuck back. It could be a big decision, it's not like he's as legendary as KK.

I think there is a curious factor with what Jnr does as much as there is a growing fan base. I don't know if it's people wanting to see him fail or genuine fans hoping for something great from one of the stalwarts of thrash but he seems to have a damn good following and every gig he's at seems to be both high on numbers and energy. But lets not get ahead of ourselves or it might be a #bringbackJnr chant we are calling. :)

Reactions: redfly
Well I forgot all about Testament live. But here it is

Really cool to have DNR and Low back in the set! That's all I've heard up to so far. But god The solo in Low is fucked the ad-libs in DNR aren't great and the solo in More Than Meets The Eye wasn't great either. Honestly I'm kind of...shocked and stunned? Seriously though. This is a guy I would have considered one the best ever and always played spot on live. Wtf. It's like he's half assing it or just doesn't really care. I don't know what the deal is but he needs to give this stuff a little more effort.

Really cool to have DNR and Low back in the set! That's all I've heard up to so far. But god The solo in Low is fucked the ad-libs in DNR aren't great and the solo in More Than Meets The Eye wasn't great either. Honestly I'm kind of...shocked and stunned? Seriously though. This is a guy I would have considered one the best ever and always played spot on live. Wtf. It's like he's half assing it or just doesn't really care. I don't know what the deal is but he needs to give this stuff a little more effort.

You reckon they might be a bit tired? All the travelling before and after the studio, all these short jaunts across multiple time zones and all the live shows might just be bearing down on them and seeing them struggle. Maybe they need time off, just not as much time as Megadeth, to catch their breath and get their vigour back.

You reckon they might be a bit tired? All the travelling before and after the studio, all these short jaunts across multiple time zones and all the live shows might just be bearing down on them and seeing them struggle. Maybe they need time off, just not as much time as Megadeth, to catch their breath and get their vigour back.
Mmmm. Nope :p....maybe
Some of it is too consistently like that though. If he's too tired, not improving little solos in DNR would save energy. And Low has always been off.
Chuck voice does sound a little bit tired at times but that's an internal instrument. No gripes about that.

Last edited:
Mmmm. Nope :p
Some of it is too consistently like that. And if you're too tired not improving little solos in DNR would save energy. And Low has always been off.
Chuck voice does sound a little bit tired at times but that's an internal instrument. No gripes about that.

So what you really mean to say is that you are getting picky in your old age? :p

Absolutely! :rofl:

You know it's just a little disappointing because I hold his and Murphy's work in such high regard. My brain gets happy when I hear a cool solo pulled off. I hang on certain notes and tones and when I don't get them I get unhappy. Like not getting a fix lol. And I need my fix! :p

Well I think you need to take on Chuck and the boys personally. Start hounding them on Twitter, FB and whatever else. ask them when they plan on playing better songs and not fluffing solos. keep at them until they respond to you!

Adrenalin can be a powerful thing but the guy reckons he got up straight away and didn't feel that bad. That amazes me.