The what's going on in Thrash thread

Suicidal Tendencies might not be the richest band, I might have to go to the third shelf from the top for the bourbon!

Reactions: redfly
www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-hoglan-feels-good-about-dethkloks-future/

Edit:I should have added this

dethklokbandjune2019_638.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
He's got a point, no one has time to do a Dethklok album but Galaktikon was close.
I kind of hope they don't do another one as Dethklok because I think that ship has sailed, but I don't have a problem with the band working together.

If they can be the same or better than before I don't have a problem with it but I felt they were dwindling a bit by the end. Having the same guys do something different might be a bit fresher.

Galaktikon isn't exactly the same, it's a different theme. In the words of Brendon Small, 'the album follows a super hero who has just gone through a "very messy, public, intergalactic divorce," but his ex-wife gets kidnapped, so he attempts to rescue her only to find out that she is dating the antagonist', so it's not Dethklok but with Gene and Bryan in the band it is pretty much the Dethklok band.

There could have been legal reasons why the band stopped, Brendon never really explained it. But he did create Metalocalypse so I would imagine he also created the band and the name.

It could well be true, the fact he came up with the ideas doesn't necessarily mean he still owns the rights for it. Adult Swim paid him for the show from the first ep, part of that payment could have included the copyright. If there wasn't some legal reason for it I find it hard to believe that Brandon, Gene and Bryan who have worked together since wouldn't have done a live Dethklok for the fans, so what you remember could be exactly right.

Reactions: Slammed
Hahaha, not sure I can bring myself to read it!

It's kind of weird to hear him say real estate is where it is at given that Mustaine has been trying to sell his place for years. In today's Blabber headlines Newstead is trying to sell his house after dropping half a million dollars from the asking price, having already sold another house for less than he was asking. Hammett was selling his house not long ago, and it seems like tv, movie and music stars alike are always selling their places, yet Jnr claims it's where the money is.

It wasn't clear that he meant that but it is Blabbermouth, no need to tell the entire story when only bits make it sound good enough.