The what's going on in Thrash thread

Haha. Maybe Rob should teach James to do the crabwalk and the two of them can walk the stage left to right both in the pose to keep the fitness levels up. Lars could possibly trying drumming to get his exercise.

James might have realised during one of his drug hazes that the fans were buying him all those drugs so showing them respect was only fair. It was Lars' dad that original force fed him the attitude that he must succeed at tennis and be the best, and I suppose that's not an entirely bad attitude to have but like all things it should come in moderation. It seems his dad understands the moderation thing now but Lars hasn't yet worked out his ego can be rested from time to time.
HA! How funny would it be to see Hetfield doing that stupid crabwalk?

I suppose Lar's dad had to actually work for what he had and Lars just grew up spoiled.

Reactions: Slammed
HA! How funny would it be to see Hetfield doing that stupid crabwalk?

I suppose Lar's dad had to actually work for what he had and Lars just grew up spoiled.

They could have crabwalk competitions on stage, it would give Kirk a rest from his wah wah pedal.

I believe Lars' family was rich, or at least well off, when he was growing up. How they came by that money I'm not sure but he was given the best tennis coach they could pay for to make him the tennis player he was. Then when he got into drumming although it wasn't what his father wanted he still got himself the expensive gear.

Reactions: redfly
They could have crabwalk competitions on stage, it would give Kirk a rest from his wah wah pedal.

I believe Lars' family was rich, or at least well off, when he was growing up. How they came by that money I'm not sure but he was given the best tennis coach they could pay for to make him the tennis player he was. Then when he got into drumming although it wasn't what his father wanted he still got himself the expensive gear.
That would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than their doodles!

Ah ok. Silver Spoon. It's weird though unless he was hiding it really well Lars didn't seem all that douchy until later on.

That would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than their doodles!

Ah ok. Silver Spoon. It's weird though unless he was hiding it really well Lars didn't seem all that douchy until later on.

I think they'd sound a lot better if they didn't call them doodles. Sounds like a 5 year old speaking. "Rob and Kirk played their doodles on stage"

I think it took Lars earning his own money to become a real douche. I think once he started to make it as a drummer and not the tennis player his parents wanted him to be he could afford to remove the silver spoon. Stories claim he could have been a top ranking tennis player of the 80's and 90's and if that was true I'm sure the money at the time would have been better than being a drummer, but once Metallica became what they did it was clear he was going to be richer as a drummer than tennis would provide so he become smug about himself and his abilities.

Uh oh, he's touching them too?! Is that what he learned in Seminary school?

That's cool though I haven't seen Chuck since the inside flap in the SFSGSW cover.

As an ordained minister I think he's allowed to touch more people in more places.

Yeah the sound is shit but Chuck still plays alright. Reading the comments he was apparently teaching drums in Detroit. Although I admit that in reading the comments I nearly spat my coffee out when I got to the replies for Gary? Greg? whatever Boycott's comment about Chuck's mum.

I think they'd sound a lot better if they didn't call them doodles. Sounds like a 5 year old speaking. "Rob and Kirk played their doodles on stage"

I think it took Lars earning his own money to become a real douche. I think once he started to make it as a drummer and not the tennis player his parents wanted him to be he could afford to remove the silver spoon. Stories claim he could have been a top ranking tennis player of the 80's and 90's and if that was true I'm sure the money at the time would have been better than being a drummer, but once Metallica became what they did it was clear he was going to be richer as a drummer than tennis would provide so he become smug about himself and his abilities.
Playing with your doodle onstage will get you arrested.

Oh really? For some reason I thought he was shitty at tennis. Like he was good in his town and then came to America and got his ass kicked? Does that sound familiar?

Playing with your doodle onstage will get you arrested.

Oh really? For some reason I thought he was shitty at tennis. Like he was good in his town and then came to America and got his ass kicked? Does that sound familiar?

Yet Rob and Kirk are always playing with each others doodle on stage and they never get arrested. Shows what favours rock stars get!

Actually that is somewhat close (according to wiki). His father and grand father were both professional players and he was ranked top 10 in his age group at 17. But when he moved to Cali he realised he wasn't going to make it as a tennis player and fell back on the drums which he'd been playing since he was 12.

As an ordained minister I think he's allowed to touch more people in more places.

Yeah the sound is shit but Chuck still plays alright. Reading the comments he was apparently teaching drums in Detroit. Although I admit that in reading the comments I nearly spat my coffee out when I got to the replies for Gary? Greg? whatever Boycott's comment about Chuck's mum.
:tickled:

I haven't listened to the audio yet. That guy with the story about Chuck's mom really made himself look like a dick lol.

Yet Rob and Kirk are always playing with each others doodle on stage and they never get arrested. Shows what favours rock stars get!

Actually that is somewhat close (according to wiki). His father and grand father were both professional players and he was ranked top 10 in his age group at 17. But when he moved to Cali he realised he wasn't going to make it as a tennis player and fell back on the drums which he'd been playing since he was 12.
Hahaha! those doodles should be illegal!

Eh, a wanker either way lol

:tickled:

I haven't listened to the audio yet. That guy with the story about Chuck's mom really made himself look like a dick lol.

Yeah it's one thing to ride a claim to fame, but to ride it and shit on a mother for being proud of her son really does take the cake. Strange he hasn't been back to defend himself.

Hahaha! those doodles should be illegal!

Eh, a wanker either way lol

They should at least be hidden out of view :)

But with tennis no longer being a priority he was able to put all that energy and talent into becoming the drummer he is today. Tennis' loss is drumming's gain something.

Yeah it's one thing to ride a claim to fame, but to ride it and shit on a mother for being proud of her son really does take the cake. Strange he hasn't been back to defend himself.
Man they sound really good! I was impressed. The lead nailed Young's solos better than anyone I've heard in Megadeth.

Man they sound really good! I was impressed. The lead nailed Young's solos better than anyone I've heard in Megadeth.

Maybe Blabber could write a few dodgy articles with quotes from 30 years ago and then the commentors can start a #bringchuckback chant.

I know Jnr is dedicated to Megadeth (despite no longer being an equal partner in turn for friendship) but I think Dave Snr might want to watch Jnr a little more closely. Not everything he's doing is my idea of great but he's getting a fairly strong fan base for everything from his solo shows to his Attitudes and Altitudes shows to his Metal Allegiance shows. Without Megadeth playing Jnr might realise he doesn't need to make the band a priority.

I wonder if he played tennis with those same stupid faces?

It's what made his opponents better than him. They saw his dumming face and aimed the ball at it. Lars spent his entire time dodging the ball and not hitting it back.