The what's going on in Thrash thread

When they could easily dig us up some footage from the tour.

The Blitz interview seemed to be recent (as in a few weeks recent) but with one of those stations/web mags that Blabber always seem to quote. It almost seems like they do an interview, maybe they put it on their website, then Blabber wait a few weeks to a month and present it as new news. I know Blitz has been asked about the new members heaps of times in the last 12 months (he must be getting sick of it too) but maybe this mob interviewing him hadn't asked the question. But even if that was the case it doesn't explain why Blabber is printing another article about it, they've printed more than enough on the topic already.

Reactions: redfly
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/c...-be-nominated-for-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Maybe rehashed articles aren't so bad :)
Honestly Charlie might not want to come off sounding like he's got an ego, but that's exactly what he sounds like. "If it wasn't for us, man, there'd be a lot of bands that wouldn't be around today." Seriously, that statement sounds arrogant coming from anyone, I can see why Blabber picked this article, it should be clickbait central for some people.
As for not being in the RNR HOF I believe the accolade gets the bands an increase in sales but I really think too many bands are making a big deal about not being listed now days.

Yeah, I wouldn't have liked standing in front of the bins when the wind picked them up but everything else is pretty much okay. I have one tomato plant that snapped and occasionally other plants, shrubs or trees break but otherwise all is okay. We were out and about a little bit yesterday, shops and dinner etc, and there wasn't any major issues anywhere we could see. A few hours away in the main city of Melbourne there was localized damage to some areas but not everywhere that got the storm front. Different areas hit with different winds, roofs off buildings, trees down, that sort of thing but this area seems to have escaped the damage.
Nice! If that's the worst to happen all is well. :kickass:….R.I.P. tomato plant :(

Reactions: Slammed
The Blitz interview seemed to be recent (as in a few weeks recent) but with one of those stations/web mags that Blabber always seem to quote. It almost seems like they do an interview, maybe they put it on their website, then Blabber wait a few weeks to a month and present it as new news. I know Blitz has been asked about the new members heaps of times in the last 12 months (he must be getting sick of it too) but maybe this mob interviewing him hadn't asked the question. But even if that was the case it doesn't explain why Blabber is printing another article about it, they've printed more than enough on the topic already.
Yeah honestly that's all I really remember about interviews with him since Bittner joined. I can't wait till he's not "new blood" anymore.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/c...-be-nominated-for-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Maybe rehashed articles aren't so bad :)
Honestly Charlie might not want to come off sounding like he's got an ego, but that's exactly what he sounds like. "If it wasn't for us, man, there'd be a lot of bands that wouldn't be around today." Seriously, that statement sounds arrogant coming from anyone, I can see why Blabber picked this article, it should be clickbait central for some people.
As for not being in the RNR HOF I believe the accolade gets the bands an increase in sales but I really think too many bands are making a big deal about not being listed now days.
My god. It's like wanting an award for taking the biggest shit. I can see why they posted it too lol. I mean seriously. He wants credit for that?!
It seems like a lot of these guys want nothing to do with it for most of their careers until they hit their 50's and then all of a sudden they want to be recognized by a bunch of people they couldn't have cared less about and vice versa. I bet Bruce will not change his tune though.

Yeah honestly that's all I really remember about interviews with him since Bittner joined. I can't wait till he's not "new blood" anymore.

Yeah I reckon it's about all they've asked. There has been a few that have asked Bittner himself about the transition but mostly it's asking Blitz how he feels about the band changing players. I really wonder what they expect him to say. "Yeah it sucks that no prick wants to stay in the band but fuck 'em they are all dicks. <New Guy> is a dick too he wont be around for long so be sure to keep that question handy for next time we talk."

My god. It's like wanting an award for taking the biggest shit. I can see why they posted it too lol. I mean seriously. He wants credit for that?!
It seems like a lot of these guys want nothing to do with it for most of their careers until they hit their 50's and then all of a sudden they want to be recognized by a bunch of people they couldn't have cared less about and vice versa. I bet Bruce will not change his tune though.

Yeah that whole rap and metal thing is the one thing that most haters claim is the reason they don't like Anthrax, why the fuck would you bring it up like it's some kind of achievement? I honestly don't care they did that rap/metal thing, I wouldn't even care if they were the first to do it, but to claim it's something that they should be awarded for really does sound stupid.

The thing I do find funny is that when JP looked like they would get a gong all these musos came out saying it's deserved etc, then 12 months on JP are up again and all the musos that claimed JP should get it now also want it. There is only room for 5 bands a year and if JP didn't get it surely these guys should be advocating hard for JP to actually get it before voting for themselves. Do you reckon Anthrax will come out with PE and do I'm The Man, you know the song that invented nu-metal, if they get voted in?

Yeah I reckon it's about all they've asked. There has been a few that have asked Bittner himself about the transition but mostly it's asking Blitz how he feels about the band changing players. I really wonder what they expect him to say. "Yeah it sucks that no prick wants to stay in the band but fuck 'em they are all dicks. <New Guy> is a dick too he wont be around for long so be sure to keep that question handy for next time we talk."
:lol:

Yeah that whole rap and metal thing is the one thing that most haters claim is the reason they don't like Anthrax, why the fuck would you bring it up like it's some kind of achievement? I honestly don't care they did that rap/metal thing, I wouldn't even care if they were the first to do it, but to claim it's something that they should be awarded for really does sound stupid.

The thing I do find funny is that when JP looked like they would get a gong all these musos came out saying it's deserved etc, then 12 months on JP are up again and all the musos that claimed JP should get it now also want it. There is only room for 5 bands a year and if JP didn't get it surely these guys should be advocating hard for JP to actually get it before voting for themselves. Do you reckon Anthrax will come out with PE and do I'm The Man, you know the song that invented nu-metal, if they get voted in?
Oh man. If they do get in someday they better NOT. But I bet they will.

Last edited:
http://willtorock.com/megacruise-ov...P1nKabmnC3AhB0jw_sQst62Ctfy0PIW6QWx0NpJHJBhRw

More on Bobby's thoughts about new band members!

I'm only kidding, it's a bunch of pics from their first gig on the Megaboat

Bittner has also gone all fanboi and posted a shitload of pics and videos. There is 64 in total of different bands and people on the boat, not sure if an entire link like that can be shared, but I'm not posting all the pics :p

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/w...nt-for-dave-mustaine-david-ellefson-responds/

I suppose I'm not surprised someone asked the question, but I know for sure I wouldn't have asked it. Apart from the disrespect it shows Dave how could anyone think there is a replacement, even temporary for Dave. It would be one thing to play his guitar parts but replacing him as singer for a few shows seems really stupid to me.

http://willtorock.com/megacruise-ov...P1nKabmnC3AhB0jw_sQst62Ctfy0PIW6QWx0NpJHJBhRw

More on Bobby's thoughts about new band members!

I'm only kidding, it's a bunch of pics from their first gig on the Megaboat

Bittner has also gone all fanboi and posted a shitload of pics and videos. There is 64 in total of different bands and people on the boat, not sure if an entire link like that can be shared, but I'm not posting all the pics :p
Cool pics :headbang:
You'd never know that was on a boat by the look of the stage set up.

Yeah seems rushed. Do they really want FFDP fans that bad?

Yeah and the other support act is some band called Bad Wolves who have the one of the Devildriver members in it who claims he doesn't give a fuck about writing music like he wrote in DD. It really does look like a fucked up line up with some hard rockish act, FFDP and Megadeth in the middle.