The what's going on in Thrash thread

Damn I wonder how long that would actually take lol. 20gigs isn't small.

The biggest factor is the speed of the server it's coming from obviously, but with some of those pirate sites they limit speed to non subscribed users so the fastest speed may not be anything near what is actually achievable.

In reality my download speed from most reputable servers is between 500kbs and 1Mbps, I can peak at 1.5Mbps but that is rare and not often sustainable for long. Rough guess using standard industry figures it would take me between 47 hours and 94 hours to download 20GB if the speed didn't drop under the 500kbs point. Even better if you were still on dial up modems at 28.8k (I threw out three 28k modems last week) it would take nearly 1700 hours.

Reactions: redfly
According to Metal Injection Hevy Devy is doing some Strapping shows with Dirk on drums next year. Guess Dave hasn't booked Dirk for any tour other that the FFDP tour.

The biggest factor is the speed of the server it's coming from obviously, but with some of those pirate sites they limit speed to non subscribed users so the fastest speed may not be anything near what is actually achievable.

In reality my download speed from most reputable servers is between 500kbs and 1Mbps, I can peak at 1.5Mbps but that is rare and not often sustainable for long. Rough guess using standard industry figures it would take me between 47 hours and 94 hours to download 20GB if the speed didn't drop under the 500kbs point. Even better if you were still on dial up modems at 28.8k (I threw out three 28k modems last week) it would take nearly 1700 hours.
Man sounds like the good ole days of bit torrent. I wonder if Shoutcast is still up lol.

Reactions: Slammed
https://metalinjection.net/show-rec...rmance-50-people-actually-showed-up-this-time

Okay while I had forgotten about this story it's clear Metal Injection haven't. I really thought they were coming across like fools last year when they were the only site to cover the story in the detail they did, yet here they are now and it's a lead story for the anniversary. I think Metal Injection must be the jilted ex ready to burn down this guys house and steal all his friends.

Man sounds like the good ole days of bit torrent. I wonder if Shoutcast is still up lol.

If it was you'd need it up for a long time to download something that bloody big :) I think I'd request a VHS copy, it's got to be a smaller download!

Charlie and his Butcher Baby have the best one.

Not shitting on Chuckles because it does look good but I do prefer an outfit that's not all off the shelf. I think the Metal Allegiance one looks good because of the effort, it's not exactly right, but they at least tried.

Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of that.

I like the idea that Devy is going to play some SYL, it will be good to see but I also hope the other players don't make or break the songs.
The band will apparently be Wes Hauch (ex-The Faceless, Black Crown Initiate), bassist Kyle Konkiel (Bad Wolves), and drummer Dirk Verbeuren (Megadeth, ex-Soilwork)

https://metalinjection.net/show-rec...rmance-50-people-actually-showed-up-this-time

Okay while I had forgotten about this story it's clear Metal Injection haven't. I really thought they were coming across like fools last year when they were the only site to cover the story in the detail they did, yet here they are now and it's a lead story for the anniversary. I think Metal Injection must be the jilted ex ready to burn down this guys house and steal all his friends.
I forgot all about this until just this second!

I like the idea that Devy is going to play some SYL, it will be good to see but I also hope the other players don't make or break the songs.
The band will apparently be Wes Hauch (ex-The Faceless, Black Crown Initiate), bassist Kyle Konkiel (Bad Wolves), and drummer Dirk Verbeuren (Megadeth, ex-Soilwork)
Yeah I love he's gonna do some SYL. I just thought Dirk should be busy with Megadeth by then.

Yeah I love he's gonna do some SYL. I just thought Dirk should be busy with Megadeth by then.

I agree, if nothing else he has the FFDP tour. I don't think Devy has actually announced any dates yet so I guess Dirk can fit in but it would be good to see some dates, or studio time from Megadeth.

It's taken nearly a month to show up but here's Chuck singing down at Rock N Rio with Claustrofobia and Torture Squad. Sounds pretty good.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/w...david-ellefson-perform-judas-priest-classics/

Can't be bothered posting all the videos shown here.
It's unsurprising to me that KK can still play guitar, he's got a skill and it served him well, unlike his mouth. So seeing these videos and seeing the guy play is pretty much what I expected.
The band look pretty good for a bunch of guys who wouldn't have done that much together and the playing is pretty tight.
It's pretty clear that while there has been imitators there is no one else that can do the signature KK/Tipton head bang move on stage. You can see KK looking for it several times and even when they do get it going it's not exactly right.
All in all I think this show was more about Jnr giving KK a gig than anything else and seriously if the guy keeps his mouth shut and just does what he's good at I can see a temporary reunion with the band being awesome next year.
The only let down of these videos (forgetting the sound isn't great) is Ripper. He looks like a guy they dragged up from the audience, he sounds terrible and it looks like he's trying to attach himself to something popular to remain relevant. In a few of the videos you can hear a guy from the audience singing, he's pretty bloody bad, but he's better than Ripper!!