The what's going on in Thrash thread

Seems just a bit steep...but only a little :rolleyes:

Seems to be that a personal dedication on a song should be done at the time of writing, not to the song of you choice. But I suppose given they've done their last show of 2019 Scott's got nothing else to do.

Reactions: redfly
Anthrax posed this on FB and holy crap how bad are the line ups.

76751696_10157397226630469_9030111423501434880_o.jpg

Metallica get two gigs which if you're a fan would be okay but on day one Metallica are about the heaviest band on the bill, although Agnostic Front are aggressive. Day two when Anthrax play, and don't even get headline status, is woeful, I can't see Anthrax fitting in with any of those bands. Day three gets slightly heavier with Power Trip and maybe Hellyeah but shit it's still slim pickings on the decent acts.

Anthrax posed this on FB and holy crap how bad are the line ups.

76751696_10157397226630469_9030111423501434880_o.jpg

Metallica get two gigs which if you're a fan would be okay but on day one Metallica are about the heaviest band on the bill, although Agnostic Front are aggressive. Day two when Anthrax play, and don't even get headline status, is woeful, I can't see Anthrax fitting in with any of those bands. Day three gets slightly heavier with Power Trip and maybe Hellyeah but shit it's still slim pickings on the decent acts.
Wow, almost complete shit!

Reactions: Slammed

I wonder why Anthrax agree to such a gig. For Metallica it's a headline gig and they play any festival, but what's really in it for Anthrax. They can't really hope to get new fans. They risk having fans not turn up because they don't want to waste their money on the rest of the shit. I get that it's cheaper for them to play such a gig than go out on their own but it can't just be that.

It does make me wonder if maybe Overkill have it right. Sure they might not be as big as Anthrax, or as rich, but they rarely play shitty pop festivals. However they do play more gigs to smaller crowds in smaller venues where the crowds feel it and can relate with the band. Could it actually be a case of more smaller gigs, more loyal fans? There is obviously more difference than that between the bands but a band like Overkill always look like they are having more fun on tour than Anthrax.

Well it finally appears that Blabber is imploding. Scrolling down to see the comments and it's just a shit ton of links and images for other blabber links. It seems someone has sent the ad machine into overdrive. The only saving grace is that they are internal links and not spam from other sites. I guess it does make it harder to comment, but for those of us who get more enjoyment out of seeing the train wreck that is the comments it makes the site less enjoyable :)

Edit: There is ways around it, clicking 'comments' under the post heading takes you directly to the comments section, whereas scrolling slowly seems to just keep adding to the ads. Apparently Blabber are blaming the Taboola ad server for the error and claiming that it will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
I wonder why Anthrax agree to such a gig. For Metallica it's a headline gig and they play any festival, but what's really in it for Anthrax. They can't really hope to get new fans. They risk having fans not turn up because they don't want to waste their money on the rest of the shit. I get that it's cheaper for them to play such a gig than go out on their own but it can't just be that.

It does make me wonder if maybe Overkill have it right. Sure they might not be as big as Anthrax, or as rich, but they rarely play shitty pop festivals. However they do play more gigs to smaller crowds in smaller venues where the crowds feel it and can relate with the band. Could it actually be a case of more smaller gigs, more loyal fans? There is obviously more difference than that between the bands but a band like Overkill always look like they are having more fun on tour than Anthrax.
Honestly my first thought when I saw that bill is simply that Anthrax will gladly attach themselves to anything Metallica does. To me it's as simple as that. Doesn't mean I'm right though.

You know I think you're right Overkill seems to stay away from things like this. And at least reputation wise it seems to pay off. I wouldn't see the point of any thrash band doing this.

Well it finally appears that Blabber is imploding. Scrolling down to see the comments and it's just a shit ton of links and images for other blabber links. It seems someone has sent the ad machine into overdrive. The only saving grace is that they are internal links and not spam from other sites. I guess it does make it harder to comment, but for those of us who get more enjoyment out of seeing the train wreck that is the comments it makes the site less enjoyable :)

Edit: There is ways around it, clicking 'comments' under the post heading takes you directly to the comments section, whereas scrolling slowly seems to just keep adding to the ads. Apparently Blabber are blaming the Taboola ad server for the error and claiming that it will be fixed soon.
Oh nice way around. I hadn't tried that. God what a fucking mess that site is right now.

Honestly my first thought when I saw that bill is simply that Anthrax will gladly attach themselves to anything Metallica does. To me it's as simple as that. Doesn't mean I'm right though.

You know I think you're right Overkill seems to stay away from things like this. And at least reputation wise it seems to pay off. I wouldn't see the point of any thrash band doing this.

In the absence of anything saner I'm happy to agree with your simple explanation.

Smaller venues and crowds to me means more personal. I'd have never had a beer with the boys from Fight if they played a stadium. I'd have never got to meet the guys from Morbid Angel at a bigger venue. Sure I did see several gigs backstage at Soundwave, but I wouldn't have been at Soundwave if it wasn't for free tickets. I have seen Maiden, Metallica and KISS at big venues and sure the show is good but the crowds suck. I'd always choose to go to a smaller Overkill gig than a larger Anthrax gig.

Oh nice way around. I hadn't tried that. God what a fucking mess that site is right now.

Yeah it's got me fucked why they didn't disable the ad server if they knew it was a problem. It's not like the ads it was making were paid links they were internal links to old articles. Makes them seem like they are run by a bunch of kids.

In the absence of anything saner I'm happy to agree with your simple explanation.

Smaller venues and crowds to me means more personal. I'd have never had a beer with the boys from Fight if they played a stadium. I'd have never got to meet the guys from Morbid Angel at a bigger venue. Sure I did see several gigs backstage at Soundwave, but I wouldn't have been at Soundwave if it wasn't for free tickets. I have seen Maiden, Metallica and KISS at big venues and sure the show is good but the crowds suck. I'd always choose to go to a smaller Overkill gig than a larger Anthrax gig.
It is decided then. :)

Although there is something cool about seeing your favorite band have a massive show. Smaller venues are definitely more fun!