The what's going on in Thrash thread

Metal Injection are using this photo for their "caption of the week" competition.
Honestly I'm sure we all went through a "I want to be a Mexican" phase!

image0.jpg
Lol I think I've read that Clint Eastwood or Dirty Harry was a big influence on him. Dirty Dave.

Reactions: Neptune
Excellent. Now we have someone to blame! J'Accuse!

I think we should just keep blaming Kirk and his lust for wah wah because after all plenty of other people listened to Thin Lizzy's classic songs and didn't become wah wahs.

Reactions: redfly
Lol I think I've read that Clint Eastwood or Dirty Harry was a big influence on him. Dirty Dave.

Dave cops a lot of shit for being Dave, but honestly if people just saw him dressed like that they'd realise he's just a down to earth guy and deserves none of it :)

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/j...album-is-early-style-back-to-the-roots-stuff/

Honestly I'd like this statement to be true and I think the I Am War song shows he can follow the path back to his roots but he's not there yet. I do wonder if one of the reasons he's not producing what he used to is because of the statement,

I don't care about covers of magazines. I don't care about selling millions and millions of records. It's not the driving force. My thing is just to survive and keep playing music, and when it's time to stop, then I'll stop
I understand he's not ever going to be and was probably never going to be as big as some of the bigger bands but to me it almost sounds like he's decided that's not going to happen so he doesn't need the same drive, he just needs the drive to put out a new album every few years. If that drive compelled him to try and write something better maybe he'd write another great album like the early ones.

Of course I could be wrong and just picking on him because I think it sounds like he's not trying.

There is an on the bus series that some Euro mob does where they actually get the guys to run through their tour busses. Some of them have been quite funny, the bands that don't take themselves too seriously are always fun too see.

There is an on the bus series that some Euro mob does where they actually get the guys to run through their tour busses. Some of them have been quite funny, the bands that don't take themselves too seriously are always fun too see.
Yeah I’ve seen some of those, pretty cool

Reactions: Slammed
OH bloody hell!!! At least Dave have the common sense to cover himself in a poncho!!
Looking at how young they are that's not a new photo and perhaps Lars should have kept it in the closet with the rest of his feelings.
Just think, their make out session was just a couple years down the road....the one we know about.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/j...album-is-early-style-back-to-the-roots-stuff/

Honestly I'd like this statement to be true and I think the I Am War song shows he can follow the path back to his roots but he's not there yet. I do wonder if one of the reasons he's not producing what he used to is because of the statement,

I don't care about covers of magazines. I don't care about selling millions and millions of records. It's not the driving force. My thing is just to survive and keep playing music, and when it's time to stop, then I'll stop
I understand he's not ever going to be and was probably never going to be as big as some of the bigger bands but to me it almost sounds like he's decided that's not going to happen so he doesn't need the same drive, he just needs the drive to put out a new album every few years. If that drive compelled him to try and write something better maybe he'd write another great album like the early ones.

Of course I could be wrong and just picking on him because I think it sounds like he's not trying.
Sounds like apathy. He's ok with people saying some songs and albums are not good. People will check out the next one. Wrong attitude in my opinion.