The what's going on in Thrash thread

I think the Rock and Hart play off each other well but I'm not a huge fan of anything he's done by himself. Seeing the Rock beat him up in Jimungi was entertaining.
The Rock is another one I'm really sick off. I used to not mind him and then went through a period where I liked him. but he's a one trick pony and he keeps getting all these remakes that would be way cooler movies if they used someone else in my opinion.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...ssages-of-support-after-his-cancer-diagnosis/

Now we know why James ended up back in rehab. Lars found out he sent a good will message to Dave so he's been dosing James' food ever since to stop him making such a bad error in judgement again and he went over board with the happy juice sending James into rehab. (okay that's speculation but I'm confident that's what happened :p)

I hope Dave sent Paul a good will message to get over the flu.
Lol. Happy juice :tickled:

Reactions: Slammed
Oh, ex-Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman. C'mon Blabber. Everyone knows who Marty is.

It's funny how they keep doing it. It's only 20-(ish) years since the guy left the band, he's been solo for longer than he was with Megadeth and he's released something like 20 albums outside of the band, yet he's still Ex-Megadeth Marty. I can't even see that such a name does anything for click baiting people any more because I'm sure just as many people would read it for Marty as they would for mistaking it being news about Megadeth.

Reactions: redfly
It's funny how they keep doing it. It's only 20-(ish) years since the guy left the band, he's been solo for longer than he was with Megadeth and he's released something like 20 albums outside of the band, yet he's still Ex-Megadeth Marty. I can't even see that such a name does anything for click baiting people any more because I'm sure just as many people would read it for Marty as they would for mistaking it being news about Megadeth.
Yeah I don't understand why they do it. It's pointless.

Oh great, break out the phone!

I want to break Lars. Was watching something last night which was a retro look back on a show that used to be on of a Saturday morning in this country back in the 90's. It was a live music show from 9am where they got a band and a heap of kids in the studio screaming to music, they did news, giveaways etc with a dickhead host who tried to hard to be "young and hip".

It was usually a pretty terrible show but many bands tried to get on simply because of the national exposure it gave them to a teenage/young adult market of people recovering after a Friday night on the booze. One morning they had Metallica play live which at the time even though Metallica was dumbing it down with Load was a pretty big this for a Saturday morning TV with a live crowd of about 50 kids. But the most off putting thing was what would have been a 9am wake up to Lars on the kit with no shirt, his pasty white, almost ghostly, coloured skin on show, his almost skeletal frame, and that goddam fucking tongue flopping around like it had a mind of it's own.

Geez it happened over twenty years ago but seeing it again last night brings back the nightmares of seeing it back then!

Yeah I don't understand why they do it. It's pointless.

Well they started doing it for Ozzy occasionally too, I honestly don't think any one needed reminding that Ozzy once sang for Sabbath. The only thing I can thing of is that they do it for the benefit of search engines. Although I think they have probably got pretty good ranking on most of the leading search engines if they keep associating their articles with big names like Megadeth, Metallica, Ozzy, Sabbath etc it connects more of their pages to what are probably still highly searched topics. And while search engines can pretty much read and understand the text on a website calling him ex-Megadeth Marty does easily link him to both his name and Megadeth, do it hundreds of times like Blabber does and even dumb search engines start making the connection. If the connection is made enough Google then see higher numbers of connections and hopefully ranks the site higher. But that suggests someone at Blabber knows what they are doing, so I don't know if that's right :)

Damn I really wish Jeff would figure out what he really wants to do.
There is elements of these new songs which do make it sound like he wants to go old school, but his vocals generally suck and bloody hell he's nearly going full on poser with some of the moves in this clip.

I want to break Lars. Was watching something last night which was a retro look back on a show that used to be on of a Saturday morning in this country back in the 90's. It was a live music show from 9am where they got a band and a heap of kids in the studio screaming to music, they did news, giveaways etc with a dickhead host who tried to hard to be "young and hip".

It was usually a pretty terrible show but many bands tried to get on simply because of the national exposure it gave them to a teenage/young adult market of people recovering after a Friday night on the booze. One morning they had Metallica play live which at the time even though Metallica was dumbing it down with Load was a pretty big this for a Saturday morning TV with a live crowd of about 50 kids. But the most off putting thing was what would have been a 9am wake up to Lars on the kit with no shirt, his pasty white, almost ghostly, coloured skin on show, his almost skeletal frame, and that goddam fucking tongue flopping around like it had a mind of it's own.

Geez it happened over twenty years ago but seeing it again last night brings back the nightmares of seeing it back then!
Hahaha! It really burned into you huh?! Fuckin nightmare :lol:

Well they started doing it for Ozzy occasionally too, I honestly don't think any one needed reminding that Ozzy once sang for Sabbath. The only thing I can thing of is that they do it for the benefit of search engines. Although I think they have probably got pretty good ranking on most of the leading search engines if they keep associating their articles with big names like Megadeth, Metallica, Ozzy, Sabbath etc it connects more of their pages to what are probably still highly searched topics. And while search engines can pretty much read and understand the text on a website calling him ex-Megadeth Marty does easily link him to both his name and Megadeth, do it hundreds of times like Blabber does and even dumb search engines start making the connection. If the connection is made enough Google then see higher numbers of connections and hopefully ranks the site higher. But that suggests someone at Blabber knows what they are doing, so I don't know if that's right :)
Ugh yeah. I really don't want there to be a logical explanation for this crap but that seems reasonable. :suspicious:

Damn I really wish Jeff would figure out what he really wants to do.
There is elements of these new songs which do make it sound like he wants to go old school, but his vocals generally suck and bloody hell he's nearly going full on poser with some of the moves in this clip.

Cool little bass part, good solo. Song is complete shit. He and Anvil can duel it out for cheesiest metal band from Canada. He's always so goddamn silly with his moves and his lyrics and his Ryan Reynolds like faces and that weird patch of mohawk. I can't take him seriously. And that's not a good thing for a thrash band. I wanna like it. I want to give him money. But it's not happening.

Hahaha! It really burned into you huh?! Fuckin nightmare :lol:

Well I certainly didn't need to see it again after all the years. The male form doesn't do much for me to begin with but Lars used to look like an anaemic Eskimo.

Cool little bass part, good solo. Song is complete shit. He and Anvil can duel it out for cheesiest metal band from Canada. He's always so goddamn silly with his moves and his lyrics and his Ryan Reynolds like faces and that weird patch of mohawk. I can't take him seriously. And that's not a good thing for a thrash band. I wanna like it. I want to give him money. But it's not happening.

Yeah it's a pity because like I say I think there is elements of good in the last few songs but he's mixed those elements with a mess of shit that is not what Annihilator was once known for. I just wish he'd accept some input from others, maybe then he'd have something more fitting, but while he insists on doing everything he's never going to be able to look at the music critically.

Yeah it's a pity because like I say I think there is elements of good in the last few songs but he's mixed those elements with a mess of shit that is not what Annihilator was once known for. I just wish he'd accept some input from others, maybe then he'd have something more fitting, but while he insists on doing everything he's never going to be able to look at the music critically.
He should get Kurdt to produce! :)