The what's going on in Thrash thread

Actually first off, Kiss you're welcome. As the original story went it was an Aussie radio station that first turned the Detroit Rock City single over and started playing Beth on the air, Kiss were not fond of the song at the time. It became popular here and then some Canadian radio person heard about it and did the same. The song has been in every Kiss Aussie tour (except the one for sharks) since 77 and we've even had Aussie only releases of it over the years. Apparently it's one of those freaky things like Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell, that still to this day sells and while it's never high enough on the charts here to make a difference it never leaves the charts. Bat Out Of Hell has some weird record like 35 years in the top 100 here and not being out of the top 200 since it's release.

But back to Megadeth.

It's an interesting comment. I suppose it could be a compliment laced with a swipe, Dave is known for kicking people when it suits him. However I have this theory (and it's not based on anything factual) that most people who claim others are always passive aggressive are actually projecting their own attitudes on others. So for that reason I wonder if it's not as sinister as it sounds.

I doubt all Jnr's lyrics are aimed at Dave, but having a little dig between mates might be their thing, so instead of saying "I'd love you to write a ballad mate" Dave tells the media and he puts in a little dig for a laugh. The idea of a "Megabeth", ballad or not, could well be Dave telling Jnr to reach out and tell him how hard he is to deal with. After all Peter Criss was in a round about way trying to reach out to the band he was in (before Kiss) and tell them his personal life was suffering as much as he was trying to plead with his g/f Beck to stay with him.

Of course I could be completely wrong

Reactions: redfly
Unsurprising to see Gary Holt in today's media saying he's going back to focus on Exodus. It's been a long time coming but we knew he was always going to go back. The guy deserves a rest but it appears he's not getting much of one since he's on tour again with Exodus in February. I think he served Slayer well over the years and while Exodus did pay a price I hope he's really bringing an arse kicking attitude back to Exodus.

In other Slayer news Kerry's missus seems to be making headlines with her posts about it being the end. Her posts seem to suggest Kerry is not going to do anything and definitely nothing related to Slayer. Now I guess as she is his media manager she'd know a bit about what he's doing, but she's the one who first broke the news that Kerry didn't know Slayer was calling it quits. Then she claimed he wouldn't be retiring. Then she claimed he'd release the songs left over from Repentless. Then she claimed he would not rest. Now she claims it's all over and his chain drop is as good as a mic drop. I hope she's not just building up BS and hype Motley Crue style, Kerry is better than that.

Actually first off, Kiss you're welcome. As the original story went it was an Aussie radio station that first turned the Detroit Rock City single over and started playing Beth on the air, Kiss were not fond of the song at the time. It became popular here and then some Canadian radio person heard about it and did the same. The song has been in every Kiss Aussie tour (except the one for sharks) since 77 and we've even had Aussie only releases of it over the years. Apparently it's one of those freaky things like Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell, that still to this day sells and while it's never high enough on the charts here to make a difference it never leaves the charts. Bat Out Of Hell has some weird record like 35 years in the top 100 here and not being out of the top 200 since it's release.

But back to Megadeth.

It's an interesting comment. I suppose it could be a compliment laced with a swipe, Dave is known for kicking people when it suits him. However I have this theory (and it's not based on anything factual) that most people who claim others are always passive aggressive are actually projecting their own attitudes on others. So for that reason I wonder if it's not as sinister as it sounds.

I doubt all Jnr's lyrics are aimed at Dave, but having a little dig between mates might be their thing, so instead of saying "I'd love you to write a ballad mate" Dave tells the media and he puts in a little dig for a laugh. The idea of a "Megabeth", ballad or not, could well be Dave telling Jnr to reach out and tell him how hard he is to deal with. After all Peter Criss was in a round about way trying to reach out to the band he was in (before Kiss) and tell them his personal life was suffering as much as he was trying to plead with his g/f Beck to stay with him.

Of course I could be completely wrong
No I think you might be right. I was thinking this probably reads a lot worse than it was intended. My main question is...what lyrics is he talking about? I didn't think Jr wrote them. Just had some musical input here and there. The it reads it sounds like Jr's been doing lyrics this whole time. Unless he means none Megadeth lyrics he's done for his side projects?
I certainly think Jr may not be as over everything as he claims. Sometimes I think he's trying to convince himself as much as us. But I don't think it's some seething thing like some people suggest. They just have a few things to work out maybe.

Reactions: Slammed
Unsurprising to see Gary Holt in today's media saying he's going back to focus on Exodus. It's been a long time coming but we knew he was always going to go back. The guy deserves a rest but it appears he's not getting much of one since he's on tour again with Exodus in February. I think he served Slayer well over the years and while Exodus did pay a price I hope he's really bringing an arse kicking attitude back to Exodus.

In other Slayer news Kerry's missus seems to be making headlines with her posts about it being the end. Her posts seem to suggest Kerry is not going to do anything and definitely nothing related to Slayer. Now I guess as she is his media manager she'd know a bit about what he's doing, but she's the one who first broke the news that Kerry didn't know Slayer was calling it quits. Then she claimed he wouldn't be retiring. Then she claimed he'd release the songs left over from Repentless. Then she claimed he would not rest. Now she claims it's all over and his chain drop is as good as a mic drop. I hope she's not just building up BS and hype Motley Crue style, Kerry is better than that.
Yeah! can't wait for the new Exodus. I think yes it hindered them a bit or a lot having Gary out, although Kragen did a great job. But I also think his time with slayer will help them in the long run.

I don't know what to make of Kerry's wife. But I don't think Kerry is done by a long shot.

No I think you might be right. I was thinking this probably reads a lot worse than it was intended. My main question is...what lyrics is he talking about? I didn't think Jr wrote them. Just had some musical input here and there. The it reads it sounds like Jr's been doing lyrics this whole time. Unless he means none Megadeth lyrics he's done for his side projects?
I certainly think Jr may not be as over everything as he claims. Sometimes I think he's trying to convince himself as much as us. But I don't think it's some seething thing like some people suggest. They just have a few things to work out maybe.

I suppose one could look down the list of songs Jnr has written for all his side projects and pretty much throw a dart at any one of them then say it was about Dave, a paranoid person could find meaning in anything. But I don't really know that Dave's paranoid. Over the years I'm sure Dave has read more of Jnr's lyrics than have been released and maybe he does see some sort of trend. And you're right at times Jnr doesn't seem like he's over all that crap that went down. So add all those things together maybe they are still bashing each others heads, maybe it's a one sided fight. I don't think we'll ever truly know.

The full interview was linked on FB and it didn't reveal any more so we can't even blame Blabber for cherry picking.

Yeah! can't wait for the new Exodus. I think yes it hindered them a bit or a lot having Gary out, although Kragen did a great job. But I also think his time with slayer will help them in the long run.

I don't know what to make of Kerry's wife. But I don't think Kerry is done by a long shot.

I hope if nothing else Gary's had time to concentrate on an Exodus album and really fine tune the songs into something great. Obviously his time with Slayer would have been spent focusing mainly on Slayer but he has said he's been writing for the new Exodus album. With luck he hasn't just thrown some shit down and figured it will do, hopefully he's refined it.

Nah I don't think he's done either. It would be embarrassing if his wife continues with the retirement thing only for him to do as he suggests and throw out some more Slayer songs. Would be even more embarrassing if they did some shows like the manager suggested.

http://bravewords.com/news/m-o-d-cl...king-the-beast-master-tour-launches-this-week

Geez I hope those clowns in the MOD thread don't get wind of this. They already hate anyone saying stuff less than positive about Billy and their beloved band, having a "classic" added to the name will surely set them off.

I had a short listen to the song, I'm not sure it's classic MOD, but it sounds listenable. I will have to go back and listen to the whole song later.

I suppose one could look down the list of songs Jnr has written for all his side projects and pretty much throw a dart at any one of them then say it was about Dave, a paranoid person could find meaning in anything. But I don't really know that Dave's paranoid. Over the years I'm sure Dave has read more of Jnr's lyrics than have been released and maybe he does see some sort of trend. And you're right at times Jnr doesn't seem like he's over all that crap that went down. So add all those things together maybe they are still bashing each others heads, maybe it's a one sided fight. I don't think we'll ever truly know.

The full interview was linked on FB and it didn't reveal any more so we can't even blame Blabber for cherry picking.
Crap, blaming blabber is my staple go to!

I hope if nothing else Gary's had time to concentrate on an Exodus album and really fine tune the songs into something great. Obviously his time with Slayer would have been spent focusing mainly on Slayer but he has said he's been writing for the new Exodus album. With luck he hasn't just thrown some shit down and figured it will do, hopefully he's refined it.

Nah I don't think he's done either. It would be embarrassing if his wife continues with the retirement thing only for him to do as he suggests and throw out some more Slayer songs. Would be even more embarrassing if they did some shows like the manager suggested.
Yeah she should maybe stay off twitter lol. For everyone's sake.

I think Gary will have crafted something really good. Fingers crossed. For me though the deciding factor will really be Zetro's performance.

http://bravewords.com/news/m-o-d-cl...king-the-beast-master-tour-launches-this-week

Geez I hope those clowns in the MOD thread don't get wind of this. They already hate anyone saying stuff less than positive about Billy and their beloved band, having a "classic" added to the name will surely set them off.

I had a short listen to the song, I'm not sure it's classic MOD, but it sounds listenable. I will have to go back and listen to the whole song later.
I don't know what's going on with BW and me lately. Half the links don't work.

Yeah she should maybe stay off twitter lol. For everyone's sake.

I think Gary will have crafted something really good. Fingers crossed. For me though the deciding factor will really be Zetro's performance.

It could well have been just a random Twitter rant and she was sick of people asking the question, but you're right if she is going to do that she needs to limit her usage.

He's promised it's going to be good so it better be :) Yeah Zetro does need to bring his A game. He's been playing around with Bill Pohzen whose album comes out next year so at least he's still working those vocal chords.

I don't know what's going on with BW and me lately. Half the links don't work.

It's okay, only half the stories are worth reading too :)

Actually I just clicked on the link and it's 404 for me too, yet it is still there.
Oh, they've changed the link since I posted it. I wonder why, the article hasn't changed, just the title and the story was posted four hours ago, before I linked it. Heres the new link.

It could well have been just a random Twitter rant and she was sick of people asking the question, but you're right if she is going to do that she needs to limit her usage.

He's promised it's going to be good so it better be :) Yeah Zetro does need to bring his A game. He's been playing around with Bill Pohzen whose album comes out next year so at least he's still working those vocal chords.
Yeah especially if she has some involvement with the band.

He seems to always have a pretty strong voice. I just hope..and I know I've said this a few times. But tone down the Bon Scott thing. Just keep it to a minimum. Nothing against Bon of course. He didn't really sound like that. Zetro's is so exaggerated and mixes in a little Adam Sandler baby talk. Just go full out aggressive. Because when he does it right he's one of the best.
Kinda makes me wanna put in Fabulous Disaster :cool:

It's okay, only half the stories are worth reading too :)

Actually I just clicked on the link and it's 404 for me too, yet it is still there.
Oh, they've changed the link since I posted it. I wonder why, the article hasn't changed, just the title and the story was posted four hours ago, before I linked it. Heres the new link.
Cool. checking it out, thanks! I think I need to check out Billy's forum. :lol:

Yeah especially if she has some involvement with the band.

He seems to always have a pretty strong voice. I just hope..and I know I've said this a few times. But tone down the Bon Scott thing. Just keep it to a minimum. Nothing against Bon of course. He didn't really sound like that. Zetro's is so exaggerated and mixes in a little Adam Sandler baby talk. Just go full out aggressive. Because when he does it right he's one of the best.
Kinda makes me wanna put in Fabulous Disaster :cool:

She is Kerry's manager so I guess she gets to tell him what to do at home and at work, but I don't know how much involvement she has in the band. It would suck if she told the band's manager what to do and how things would play out.

When Zetro does AC/DC he's good at it, but I agree when he's doing Exodus he doesn't need to do AC/DC. I don't know that he needs to growl or anything drastic like that but he does need to work on getting it right.

Cool. checking it out, thanks! I think I need to check out Billy's forum. :lol:

It's dead, I don't think I've seen a post there for 8 months. It seems they don't like interlopers saying anything against Billy, but they also wont talk amongst themselves.