The what's going on in Thrash thread

He should get Kurdt to produce! :)

Kurdt will be busy accepting his prize for being inducted into the heavy metal hall of fame. I really hope the nomination is based on their early work :)

I just spent two hours putting up a solar panel to charge the second battery in my ute and all the rechargeable batteries I've got around here. But it took me 2 days to clean the garage so I had somewhere to mount the controller, the battery chargers and the cable. I'm not sure this green technology is worth it yet :)

Reactions: redfly
Kurdt will be busy accepting his prize for being inducted into the heavy metal hall of fame. I really hope the nomination is based on their early work :)

I just spent two hours putting up a solar panel to charge the second battery in my ute and all the rechargeable batteries I've got around here. But it took me 2 days to clean the garage so I had somewhere to mount the controller, the battery chargers and the cable. I'm not sure this green technology is worth it yet :)

Lol it better be for their classic stuff.

Yeah but you get the small satisfaction of giving the electric company less money.

Reactions: Slammed
Lol it better be for their classic stuff.

Yeah but you get the small satisfaction of giving the electric company less money.

I think I remember reading Joe Sat is going in this year too.

Yeah what I've got here is only for the 12v battery in the back of the car and the AA rechargeables for toys etc, what I save will be next to nothing, it's more about convenience than saving. It will be a long time before I go far enough with panels that I see any difference in the power. Despite us being "the sunny country" we still don't have enough sun to efficiently run panels. The solar companies will tell people other wise but some of these people will be paying off their solar panels for 15 years all to save $50 a year on their power.

Our electricity companies wont ever allow people such freedoms, they have this country screwed and no government is willing to stand up and take them on because of all the kick backs.

It started out that the money you got paid to put power back into the grid was reasonable but over the last ten years the tariff has dropped substantially as more people get panels. In some areas it's viable to go off the grid and run entirely on panels but that's a huge initial outlay most can't afford. The option most people choose is to let the government, or the power companies subsidise the panels and pay them off. So while it looks like they are getting $100 off their power bill only the people who put up panels 15 years ago and have paid them off are getting that $100 saving, the rest are paying it back in repayments for the panels. And given that a panel's life is between about 18-25 years the majority of people these days will finish paying them off about the time they have to look at replacing them.

Wow, that caption contest MI was running last week with the picture of Mexican Dave has closed and here's the winning caption.

"Mole Wars… The Pancho Is New"

Guess they didn't get many entrants into the competition if that won :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Our electricity companies wont ever allow people such freedoms, they have this country screwed and no government is willing to stand up and take them on because of all the kick backs.

It started out that the money you got paid to put power back into the grid was reasonable but over the last ten years the tariff has dropped substantially as more people get panels. In some areas it's viable to go off the grid and run entirely on panels but that's a huge initial outlay most can't afford. The option most people choose is to let the government, or the power companies subsidise the panels and pay them off. So while it looks like they are getting $100 off their power bill only the people who put up panels 15 years ago and have paid them off are getting that $100 saving, the rest are paying it back in repayments for the panels. And given that a panel's life is between about 18-25 years the majority of people these days will finish paying them off about the time they have to look at replacing them.
Shit. Nice scam they've got going huh?!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Shit. Nice scam they've got going huh?!

Energy companies in general have this country by the balls. It's like the banks and health insurance companies, they rally the government to increase charges to the consumer under the guise of "increasing operational expenses" and the government agree to the increase because they know they need the financial backing of these companies when it comes to being re-elected. Our top FOUR banks made $29Billion profit last year and they expect us to feel sorry for them because that figure is down 5.5% on the previous year. Energy companies aren't that bad but they still make 10's of millions in profits each year.

Energy companies in general have this country by the balls. It's like the banks and health insurance companies, they rally the government to increase charges to the consumer under the guise of "increasing operational expenses" and the government agree to the increase because they know they need the financial backing of these companies when it comes to being re-elected. Our top FOUR banks made $29Billion profit last year and they expect us to feel sorry for them because that figure is down 5.5% on the previous year. Energy companies aren't that bad but they still make 10's of millions in profits each year.
You gotta love when they have the nerve to cry about anything less than doubled profits right?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
You gotta love when they have the nerve to cry about anything less than doubled profits right?

Yeah it makes it so much easier to accept when they complain about that and then tell people that due to rising costs interest rates on borrowed money have to go up and interest rates on saved money have to go down.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Unless it's pronounced Molly Wars, which I still don't understand, it doesn't even rhyme. It really does make me think they only got one entrant :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Nice!
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...wo-new-songs-prior-to-start-of-european-tour/

Say huh? What's that last part mean?

According to Mustaine, Ellefson has contributed a ballad at the frontman's urging that will feature the bassist's lead vocals for the first time. "I said to him, 'What was the biggest song that KISS ever had?'" Mustaine said. "He goes, 'Beth'. I said, 'Yeah, we should write a song like 'Beth', where it's a ballad and it’s just you singing it. I think you should write a song about what it's like being in MEGADETH with me, because I read all your lyrics, and I know that your lyrics are aimed at me. You're upset. So why don't you write about it?'"

Reactions: Slammed