The what's going on in Thrash thread

With a haircut like that it's gotta be ego :)
He almost comes off like the rebellious child. His parents, teachers, everyone around him tells him how things work in the world and he turns around with his middle finger raised and says, "I'll do it the wrong way because I'm cool."
Yeah! Pretty much!

The first one on the blabber page is shitty, not worth watching. The second is the same song from a different angle with better sound and the third one was just a mass of light flare with sound because someone's camera wasn't up to the job. I'm sure more footage will come forth with the shows now happening.

Reactions: redfly
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/k...le-with-napster-we-did-not-make-a-difference/

Geez I think all these years of sticking his head up Larz' arse has finally had an effect on Kirk.

"The amazing thing now is back then, people were saying, '20 years from now, we're gonna look back and say, 'Goddamn it! We did the right thing,'"
I don't remember anyone saying that. I remember most people saying that it was a frivolous lawsuit and that it was going to get them nowhere. I remember people saying that music downloads (rightly or wrongly) would not stop simply because Metallica wanted to sue. I remember people saying that suing a single program and it's creators was a stupid thing to do because they were not the source of music sharing they were simply a platform that utilised it.

It happened. And we couldn't stop it, because it was just bigger than any of us — this trend that happened that fucking sunk the fucking music industry. There was no way that we could stop it.
That is closer to what most people I knew in the industry were saying. It wasn't that they liked what was happening, it wasn't that they agreed, it was simple common sense. No law suit, especially one against a piece of software, was going to stop what had been started years before on bulletin boards and the like.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I'm with you. That's pretty much the way I remember it. The strangest thing for me is that movies and books and other mediums don't have anywhere near this kind of problem. Movies claim they do but lets face it. I've never heard the actors talk about getting a pay cut.
I guess music fans just feel more entitled on a grander scale.

Reactions: Slammed