The what's going on in Thrash thread

I know the movie studios tried to come up with a plan on how to sue, or at least slow down piracy. But you're right they have never made the waves that Metallica did. Mostly they just put out empty threats. There was also no band that made waves like Metallica. A few jumped up and said they supported Metallica but they didn't support them with their own law suits.

The 'underground' (not so much the dark web that TV shows like to talk about) has always existed on the net, just like the underworld of criminals exist in cites. Lars admitted to selling bootlegs of bands he was getting from his overseas contacts to his American friends and neighbourhoods in the 80's, at least Napster didn't sell the music. Piracy hasn't changed it's just moved forward with technology and it will keep doing so.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I do like that some of the Blabber commentors have admitted that they were the ones who got banned and named. The same people knew it was wrong but they had excuses. One guy even suggesting he download hundred of albums, but owned the Metallica albums. Even if these idiots are lying it's funny too see them go on about it.

Ooo Hazzerd, I forgot to look for that yesterday, was in too much of a rush to buy the new Annihilator :rofl:

Oops I shouldn't say that I might get Jeff excited and give him the illusion people want what he's selling!

Having a quick spin though Hazzerd, sounds like something I definitely need to explore further. Gotta go and buy a new fridge now so I guess giving the album a full listen will be my reward when I get home.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Now if you put this pic side by side with Chuck's video last week about the shitter being full I think we've just learnt which cheeky buggers backed up the bus :)

83279527_2636654189753242_5805378260300726272_n.jpg

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Ooo Hazzerd, I forgot to look for that yesterday, was in too much of a rush to buy the new Annihilator :rofl:

Oops I shouldn't say that I might get Jeff excited and give him the illusion people want what he's selling!

Having a quick spin though Hazzerd, sounds like something I definitely need to explore further. Gotta go and buy a new fridge now so I guess giving the album a full listen will be my reward when I get home.
We don't want that! He doesn't need any outside help for that!

Reactions: Slammed
It actually just kept going in player. I had to stop before I heard it all lol.

I'll probably end up buying the album, but I think I'm going to listen to it again and then listen to the debut and see how the two compare. Not that I'm buying just for the MegaDave similarities, and I don't have a problem with a band growing. But on first listen of the album I'm hearing less of what I remembered from the last album and maybe a new branching out.