The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah it's a shitty situation especially for smaller bands. It's tough for everyone and going to get tougher. And I agree. This isn't the time to be running around buying concert shirts for a lot of people. They need to save that for $200 toilet paper!
And also. If you put out better music I'd have probably bought something. :D

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Not sure I want to watch an entire show from that angle, but it's obvious the whole show was recorded. I wonder if it's out there as a complete package

It should be put together as DVD/Blu-ray lord knows it would definitely be a money maker for all of them.Seems like a no brainer to me!

You guys aren't even kidding. What shortsighted finger off the pulse kind of record company NB is!

Yeah it's a shitty situation especially for smaller bands. It's tough for everyone and going to get tougher. And I agree. This isn't the time to be running around buying concert shirts for a lot of people. They need to save that for $200 toilet paper!
And also. If you put out better music I'd have probably bought something. :D

$200 on toilet paper will be a nightmare here, we are limited to 2 packets at a time, I'll have to visit about 15 stores to spend $200 :)

I'm waiting for bands to start gofundme pages. Jeff references David Cosby as suggesting if he can't work for 6 months he's going to lose his house. Well firstly welcome to the real world, not many people could be out of work and not lose their houses that would be a worth a lot less than his. But also they guy has been in music since the dawn of time, if he hasn't amassed some sort of savings, plus the continued royalties he'd get whose fault is that? Not his fans.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
You guys aren't even kidding. What shortsighted finger off the pulse kind of record company NB is!

You do have to wonder. It's not like it would cost them much to put out. There is no advance, the recording is done, it might need a bit of mastering and producing, but that's a small cost I'm sure the sales would cover. Seems to me that these labels really are just happy to sit back and take their high percentages without pushing bands.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
You do have to wonder. It's not like it would cost them much to put out. There is no advance, the recording is done, it might need a bit of mastering and producing, but that's a small cost I'm sure the sales would cover. Seems to me that these labels really are just happy to sit back and take their high percentages without pushing bands.
Must be the cost of the time of some overdubbing lol!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
$200 on toilet paper will be a nightmare here, we are limited to 2 packets at a time, I'll have to visit about 15 stores to spend $200 :)

I'm waiting for bands to start gofundme pages. Jeff references David Cosby as suggesting if he can't work for 6 months he's going to lose his house. Well firstly welcome to the real world, not many people could be out of work and not lose their houses that would be a worth a lot less than his. But also they guy has been in music since the dawn of time, if he hasn't amassed some sort of savings, plus the continued royalties he'd get whose fault is that? Not his fans.
Lol. David Crosby.

Reactions: Slammed
Don't you dare make light of his situation. Old people are vulnerable is this age of crisis, and making fun of them is very hurtful. Jeff has seen the writing on the wall, he's not David Cosby old but people aren't buying his shit so by the time he gets to David Cosby old in a few years he wont have a house unless you give him money today!!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Don't you dare make light of his situation. Old people are vulnerable is this age of crisis, and making fun of them is very hurtful. Jeff has seen the writing on the wall, he's not David Cosby old but people aren't buying his shit so by the time he gets to David Cosby old in a few years he wont have a house unless you give him money today!!
I honestly thought he died years ago.

Pfffft

" I am asking for some help to sustain my family whilst being able to continue working on new musical ideas."

Pay for my family and myself and crew while I dick around with musical ideas?!

Maybe offer up a private show when this is all over? Maybe have an auction or sign some stuff. Make a special cd with stuff you have?

Pffft

The thing is he spent $2mill (self reported) on one of the other albums that no label wanted to touch. He took time off touring and laid out piles of cash to do what he wanted, not what a record company wanted. He did all that without a gofundme and with only a small amount of whining in the media. Now when it looks like he needs to stay off the road for 6 months he wants to spend the time in his own studio, with his own musos, and he wants his fans to pay for it in advance...but only those that can spare a bit.
I really find this day and age of begging to be very disturbing.

There is reports that a cure exists, it's a current drug out of trademark so very cheap, and with only a few side effects. If the reports are true this shit could be over soon anyway. I wonder what happens to the money Devin raises if it ends soon.

Reactions: Neptune
$2 mill? and he's always crying about being such a small unknown operation. Lol. C'mon Devy.

Oh really? Outside of people dying I was thinking some good can come of this. I'm curious as to what the environmental effects of stores closing earlier and much less travel will have,. Could be a turning point as people realize they don't have to be so busy and move so fast and all these things we don't really need to do that hurt the planet.

And in my head I see headlines of the virus spreading in different countries. And then animals high fiving each other.

Reactions: Slammed