The what's going on in Thrash thread

$2 mill? and he's always crying about being such a small unknown operation. Lol. C'mon Devy.

Oh really? Outside of people dying I was thinking some good can come of this. I'm curious as to what the environmental effects of stores closing earlier and much less travel will have,. Could be a turning point as people realize they don't have to be so busy and move so fast and all these things we don't really need to do that hurt the planet.

And in my head I see headlines of the virus spreading in different countries. And then animals high fiving each other.

Yeah I think Devy does loose track if who he is occasionally in favour of thinking he's a rockstar :)

Word is airlines are travelling with empty planes because they need to keep the flight paths they've paid for and want to pay for in the future. We haven't really got much shutting down here yet. Supermarkets are open 7am-midnight like usual. Most people are still going to work. There has been some things ease back but not that much. In reality our government doesn't want to shut schools because they know the public sector, including the health sector collapses if parents have to stay home. We have more fearmongering than anything else. Funny thing is that a week or two ago it was people laughing at those hoarding dunny rolls and saying how stupid they were. Now those same people are still picking on the dunny roll hoarders but they've added "we're all going to get the virus and the hospitals will collapse". It's not even one extreme to another, it's both extremes at the same time.

Vegan are high fiving themselves, the number of vegans that thing they are safe from this is funny.

Reactions: redfly
Ok who wants to be the guinea pig?!

Okay, the kids were boring over breakfast so I listened to this instead.
There is a decent riff and drum beat that runs through the song. It's could nearly be considered thrash. There is also a really fucked up slow bit that doesn't make sense. It's not the heaviest song they have but I think it's probably heavier than most of Damned If You Do. It does feel like it drags on a bit though because of the repeated lyrics. This song wouldn't have saved Damned, and it's not saving MC, but I don't find myself wanting to kill Kurdt just upon hearing it.

Yeah I think Devy does loose track if who he is occasionally in favour of thinking he's a rockstar :)

Word is airlines are travelling with empty planes because they need to keep the flight paths they've paid for and want to pay for in the future. We haven't really got much shutting down here yet. Supermarkets are open 7am-midnight like usual. Most people are still going to work. There has been some things ease back but not that much. In reality our government doesn't want to shut schools because they know the public sector, including the health sector collapses if parents have to stay home. We have more fearmongering than anything else. Funny thing is that a week or two ago it was people laughing at those hoarding dunny rolls and saying how stupid they were. Now those same people are still picking on the dunny roll hoarders but they've added "we're all going to get the virus and the hospitals will collapse". It's not even one extreme to another, it's both extremes at the same time.

Vegan are high fiving themselves, the number of vegans that thing they are safe from this is funny.
We have lots of things shutting down here or cutting hours. My friend just told me his company building which has 5000 people just told everyone to go home for two weeks. I guess someone there tested positive. My sister and brother in law's college here is pretty much shut down as is my nephew's school here and the other's college in NY, and my sisters school in Germany is closed as well. My friend in Germany is pissed because everything is closed or closing and she want's to go out for beer lol.
Crazy shit.

I didn't know there was some dumb vegan thing attached to this lol. I just meant the animals would be happy something is finally knocking us back.

Reactions: Slammed
Okay, the kids were boring over breakfast so I listened to this instead.
There is a decent riff and drum beat that runs through the song. It's could nearly be considered thrash. There is also a really fucked up slow bit that doesn't make sense. It's not the heaviest song they have but I think it's probably heavier than most of Damned If You Do. It does feel like it drags on a bit though because of the repeated lyrics. This song wouldn't have saved Damned, and it's not saving MC, but I don't find myself wanting to kill Kurdt just upon hearing it.
That's actually a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one! Guess I'll check it out later ;)

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
We have lots of things shutting down here or cutting hours. My friend just told me his company building which has 5000 people just told everyone to go home for two weeks. I guess someone there tested positive. My sister and brother in law's college here is pretty much shut down as is my nephew's school here and the other's college in NY, and my sisters school in Germany is closed as well.
Crazy shit.

I didn't know there was some dumb vegan thing attached to this lol. I just meant the animals would be happy something is finally knocking us back.

Yeah I found out today that our supermarkets are shutting at 8pm, but I'm sure that's only because they have nothing left. It's just fucking stupid 3 weeks ago supermarkets had more than enough food on a daily basis. Now people think hoarding food is somehow going to save them from a virus than many will fight off without medication. Even sillier is the people who first started collecting dunny rolls, the virus doesn't make you shit. People are just being stupid now. I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be taking any measures but realistically you could take every measure recommended and still get the bug when you walk outside to get your collection of bog rolls from home delivery. We've got school holidays in about 2 weeks (depending on the state) I think the government is playing a waiting game to try and keep the schools open since kids are seemingly not that affect by the bug, or can fight it without hospitalisation.

One of those fuckwit musos that always gets on Blabber for controversial shit came out last week saying it's going to be vegans who get us through this and all people need to stop eating meat. Okay the bug came from meat so in a very broad sense he might have a point, but lets face it the meat it came from was a very special case not the usual stuff we get from a butchers.

That's actually a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one! Guess I'll check it out later ;)

Don't expect much, and the slow bit near the start is really cringeworthy, but it honestly does seem like some improvement from Damned, I'm just not sure how much.

Yeah I found out today that our supermarkets are shutting at 8pm, but I'm sure that's only because they have nothing left. It's just fucking stupid 3 weeks ago supermarkets had more than enough food on a daily basis. Now people think hoarding food is somehow going to save them from a virus than many will fight off without medication. Even sillier is the people who first started collecting dunny rolls, the virus doesn't make you shit. People are just being stupid now. I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be taking any measures but realistically you could take every measure recommended and still get the bug when you walk outside to get your collection of bog rolls from home delivery. We've got school holidays in about 2 weeks (depending on the state) I think the government is playing a waiting game to try and keep the schools open since kids are seemingly not that affect by the bug, or can fight it without hospitalisation.

One of those fuckwit musos that always gets on Blabber for controversial shit came out last week saying it's going to be vegans who get us through this and all people need to stop eating meat. Okay the bug came from meat so in a very broad sense he might have a point, but lets face it the meat it came from was a very special case not the usual stuff we get from a butchers.
Yeah hoarding is really dumb. They've said the supply line is fine, there's plenty of food. People being people.

Lol, right. It's not from supermarket meat. Hell not even McDonalds.

Yeah hoarding is really dumb. They've said the supply line is fine, there's plenty of food. People being people.

Lol, right. It's not from supermarket meat. Hell not even McDonalds.

It's got me stuffed what all these people are doing with it all. I've heard there has been an influx in sales of chest freezers here, stupid as that is it does go some ways to explain how people are storing some of the food, but you can still only get so much food in any freezer. When I was a kid we had a chest freezer (Dexter size freezer) and it was often full because we didn't get to the shops more than once a week. But even that freezer really only held enough for the family for a few weeks. The stores here have gone through what must be three months supply in two weeks, I just don't know where people are storing it all.

Even the cows going to McD's feel sorry for the shitty meat those Chinese street vendors sell :)

Glad I never really got into him,so no disappointment here.Oh by the way,my wife was talking to one of the doctors at work today and for what it’s worth 70% of us likely to be stricken!

Devy is one of those people with a back catalogue that is too diverse to be cool. Some of his stuff has been brilliant, even some of his more eclectic solo stuff as been great, but he's released a lot of weird shit that doesn't work for me too.

Considering there is more than a few likely cures out there being stricken with the bug isn't as bad as it sounds. Apparently many of us will be able to fight off the bug without medication as well. Just because we are susceptible doesn't mean we are all going to die, but some people seem to be treating it like that.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I was just listening to Dark Roots, (I must be getting ready for the new album or something), and the Powerslave cover I think is one of their best covers. I haven't listened to the album for a while obviously because I forgot about the bonus tracks but Chuck's deep throated scream adds a whole new dimension to a Maiden tune.

The Ides Of March :)

I'd love to hear them do The Trooper or Be Quick Or Be Dead. Both have a little speed and could be made faster but I reckon Chucks vocals would really work on them.