The what's going on in Thrash thread

According to Tom and the odd interview I've seen with Kerry they are open for Gary to contribute but it's this 'business' thing they have to keep sorting out. My guess is it's related to who gets what percentage of everything and how such things need to be split which would still include Jeff and Dave but to a lesser extent than they once were. If contracts haven't been re-written since the early days I imagine there is a lot to deal with.

Metallica and Megadeth played together before the big four concerts didn't they.
To a lesser extent the NWOBHM is like the Big 4. NWOBHM keeps getting regular mentions these days I don't even know what bands are classified in that now. I think there was also a German Invasion or something at one stage too.

I think at the time of the BIg4 everyone expected Mustaine to be the problem, and while he made a few "mustaine-isms" the reporters weren't getting enough so they pushed other bands for stories. I remember something about Lomardo not being happy and that may or may not have been the beginnings of their issues with him but I don't remember much about it all.

Reactions: redfly
I would imagine a lot of it is the percentages and who has a name on what. And then also they have to set up for what ever future they want going forward. And what Paul and Gary will get.

I don't think they did play together? but maybe someone else can weigh in...ahem. Some one? The only NWOBHM bands I know are really Maiden and Diamondhead. And really only Diamondhead is because of Metallica lol. I probably know a couple more but I can't think of them.

I may have heard something about Lombardo and not having a full kit at the end. But them watching him I think that was bullshit.
Press probably expected a brawl lol

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah managers and lawyers would be happily working away charging a massive hourly rate to write some words on a page and argue those words with someone else.

I thought there was several concerts before the Big4 with just Metallica and Megadeth but I could be wrong.
I went through looking at NWOBHM stuff ages ago and recognised some of the bands but I saw new band on one of the sites last week claiming to be apart of the new NWOBHM and to me that is just stupid.

I bet there was some arguing and BS that went down behind the scenes of the big 4 there is so much water under those bridges that there had to be something but I think there was also a bit of press extended BS as well.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Agree on all fronts!

I know what you're talking about with that ( NWOBHM ) band lol. I had the same reaction.

There may have been some arguing, but if there was everyone is pretty good at keeping their mouths shut.

Not that I really wanted to see arguing and BS on the Big4 but I do remember thinking the background and off stage footage on the DVD was some of the most boring stuff I'd ever seen, lucky I didn't buy it for the interviews :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
After watching these Testament videos I'm going to need them to come back around again, it's been almost 3 years. I need them to play Throne of Thorns again too

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Not that I really wanted to see arguing and BS on the Big4 but I do remember thinking the background and off stage footage on the DVD was some of the most boring stuff I'd ever seen, lucky I didn't buy it for the interviews :)
Yeah the off stage footage was a real let down. It could have been so much more, it needed so much more lol.

Hahaha! I think they were all or mostly just happy to be there. There were more than a few people up there that had nothing to do with the success of any of those bands. And everybody made some $ ching ;)

Yeah I think the dollars had a big influence on why and how that stuff happened. Sure they could have all played separate gigs and made money but I bet they made a lot more playing as a group.

I never heard much of them but looks like a cool thing here. :headbang:

Some of their early stuff was good but Independent was a great album and the first to give them air play in this country.

You could tell Joey was happy! Guy's like. Finally!. I wonder, are you still a member of the Big4 if you have a completely different singer? A guitar or bass player or drummer is one thing. But a singer? Maybe if the singer has passed I could see it. But if they tried that with Bush I'm not so sure. It was a totally different sounding band all around.

I'm gonna check out Independent :headbang:

I really liked Sound Of White Noise (think it's one of their best) but you're right it was a totally different sound and I really don't think that the Big 4 would have been the same with JB.

I haven't listened to Sacred Reich for ages but I really should give them a spin myself.

Independent is probably as close to mainstream as they got, their earlier stuff was a bit rawer.

I always loved the cover for Surf Nicaragua. I think I bought that based on the cover not the music.