There should be a Prog Power Texas

Yeah I didn't mean to sound abrasive btw. Perhaps you didn't know. I know that a lot of schools are very protective of where their logos appear.

No you are absolutely correct! I definately do not want anyone else's logo on the graphics. Thank goodness I have you Texans to keep us crazy Northerners in check. :lol:

Bryan's working on a new logo... STAT.

Bryan's new logo:

madfest.jpg

BTW: RIP Bo Schembechler.

No you are absolutely correct! I definately do not want anyone else's logo on the graphics. Thank goodness I have you Texans to keep us crazy Northerners in check. :lol:

Bryan's working on a new logo... STAT.

Hey now I'm no Texan. I'm from the Midwest (now living south of Atlanta though). But I went to Iowa State University, and both schools are in the Big 12, so I know it well.

Hey Bryan, Colleen is working on a badass new longhorn. It may not be done until after the weekend, but once it is, I'll make sure you see it too. Maybe you guys can put your heads together? What do you have so far? I need a new main graphic for the myspace page... :-\

I put the Texas on top with a Star cuz it just occured to me and it turned out fucktastic. We don't need to use that, but it's here CUZ I SAID SO!!!

Huge and Bland:

tmf07testlogo1sw6.jpg

Flamingly bland:

tmf07testlogo2pg4.jpg

Electrostatically bland:

tmf07testlogo3oi0.jpg

Differently Bland:

tmf07testlogo4pz6.jpg

I've got a HUGE map of Texas, and was gonna put the Texan Flag inside it, and have that the centerpiece behind the text. Kinda like this:

Texas%20with%20Texas%20flag.jpg

I've also got a very very different font that I created from scratch that I think would look badass, so I'm gonna work on importing that next. And I don't like the standard shading effect, so I'll get all the white borders tweaked after y'all tell me whether you even like this shit.

I really like where you're going with this, Bryan! Lightning... not so much. Texas map/flag, rockin idea! Font from scratch, :worship:

If you want, you can send the next set of ideas to me in a PM or on myspace if you don't want to unveil your magic in work. But getting people's opinions is really cool too!! So chime in, everyone! :)

According to the chimes, nobody likes em.

HAH!

Forgot to email all my files home, so I'll have to work on them on Monday. I'll just camp out after business hours and chisel away.

Dude I thought they were cool, I liked the lightning one actually, Thunderstorms are common occurance in Texas..the flames are cool. Too bad this fest in Cali you have so much more to work with LOL..And I'd actually probably get to go. :)

I really like where you're going with this, Bryan! Lightning... not so much.

yeah... this is Texas we're talking about, after all... maybe it should be a tornado instead.

and then the Minneapolis Metal Mayhem people will make a logo with a backdrop showing a bunch of snowed-in cars. :lol:

Not trying to step on anyones feet here - but I do this sorta thing from time to time so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Just had an idea and I had to run with it =)

Tried to get a 'texas/metal' feel without going *too* Texas on it. :headbang:

madfest_texas_2007.jpg

I like that one...except the Longhorn. I would DEFINITELY check with UT if you use that Longhorn. I would like to see that longhorn flanked on both sides by the "other" horns - The DIO-horns!! Dual meaning here in Texas!! THAT would be cool!!

Chris :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm not worried about using a silhouette of a steer's longhorns, as long as they're NOT the official UT logo, it doesn't matter. We'd be fine with it.

I DO wanna learn how you did those flames off their horns!!! :headbang:

I like that font, but I'm worried how difficult it would be to print for flyers, t-shirts, that kinda thing. I like how everything glows, but for shirt printing, I know it would be difficult to keep that part looking good. Sharp edges are easier to discern, if that's the right word for what I'm thinking...

Supercool so far!

Err...

Super HOT so far! Can't have cool flames! DUR!!

Not to worry on the longhorns - they were stock images of skulls that I modified - so theres no relation to UT and thus - no worries =)

Flamejob was done with the Smudge and Liquify tools in Photoshop. They can make a nice fire so long as you have the patience for it.

The image is modular - since I used photoshop I have the layers all preserved. So if you were to print it - the glow could be modified or removed to fit the printjob. I believe the glow around the stars and steers would hold up on a t-shirt, since its 'tight' - but the larger glow on the font would prolly end up fading too much. Also - the font has a wind effect on it - only have to lessen or remove the effect for printing and it should be fine.

Im curious - can any of you think of a background that would go with it? I tried several things, state flag, state silhouette, etc - but nothing grabbed my eye. I was thinking maybe a large faded longhorn in the background - all grey or otherwise monochromatic. The problem, I guess, is that a background seems to detract too much from the movement of the flames and the glow.

If I get a moment today - Ill see if I can upload a 't-shirt friendly' version.

Thanks for the comments thus far! :headbang:

Thanks for all the awesome ideas, guys!

I don't think people are diggin' the concepts though.. should we try a different direction? Perhaps more modern, clean, and streamlined. I think I'd like that better, too.

Also, I don't think we should use a lot of Texas imagery in the logo, since it won't always be a fest just for Texas bands. So let's ixnay the state flag, the state map, lonestars, barbeque sauce, or longhorns.. unless Colleen's rumored steer illustration comes across the table.

What do you think?

Thanks for all the awesome ideas, guys!

I don't think people are diggin' the concepts though.. should we try a different direction? Perhaps more modern, clean, and streamlined. I think I'd like that better, too.

Also, I don't think we should use a lot of Texas imagery in the logo, since it won't always be a fest just for Texas bands. So let's ixnay the state flag, the state map, lonestars, barbeque sauce, or longhorns.. unless Colleen's rumored steer illustration comes across the table.

What do you think?

Maybe a guitar with the body the shape of Texas with the state flag on it. That image above gave me the idea.

Chris :headbang: