There's a part in Sedation...

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
I only recently got Sun Caged's mp3's from their site. I've been hammering them recently, esepcially Killer Banshee and Sedation.

There's a part in Sedation that just absolutely rules. I got to tell someone about it, to see if others thinks it's fantastic and inventive:

At 2:35 the keyboard leads into a solo by playing and bending a note that sounds like it's a 3rd above the voice.
I don't think I've heard a keyboard harmonising like that with a voice before. Certainly not as well as that, that's for sure.
Infact, I got to put this song on....

They're from Enshede? I've been there. haha

I went to a big skate competition in Munchen in Germany, and we drove through to Enschede and picked up some dope there.
It's a pretty quiet place. But kind of nice, in a picturesque sort of way.

:lol: yeah, hold on to your hat. I know it's a revelation. Take deep breaths.
I don't know if this was a joke being played on me, but I was told it's called "little amsterdam". I only saw about 2 shops that sold it, though.

Wait a second, we are talking about Edam, aren't we? ;)

I have no idea man :)
I don't do "dope". I know nothing about it or the places where you can get it...

By the way.
Andre just told me that that part you were talking about is actually two layers of vocals (not keyboards and vocals).
It sounds like it's the keyboards going up, but in fact it's two layers of vocals.

Damn, it really sounded like a keyboard to me. I could hear the harmonised vocal line leading up to the moment, and the intro run to the solo. But it sounded to me like the keyboard held a note a third above and moved in unison with the voice.
Oh well. My bad. Sorry, man.

And cheers for saying.

I think the best part of Sedation is the part at about 1:09 where all the instruments kick in after the acoustic bit. The synth there is soooo perfect, as are the vocals.