There's something about this forum....

Dhein

Jan 26, 2004
Tx, US
It's just really odd. Seems to be alot of HUGE fanboys like totally commenting on everything and making everthing a HUGE deal.

"I had a dream about Opeth!"

"Peter is CUTE!!"

"Mike's hairy ass"

WOW...just kinda funny.

Blame that on the new influx of a) morons and b) trolls. There was a time where the Opeth worshipping was kept to a normal degree and this actually used to serve as a place for good discussion. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end.

Dhein, nobody showed you the door after this thread, yet. Well, they showed it to me after I said something like you've just said. Oops! Agalloch said: "shut up!" That counts!

Dhein said:
It's just really odd. Seems to be alot of HUGE fanboys like totally commenting on everything and making everthing a HUGE deal.

"I had a dream about Opeth!"

"Peter is CUTE!!"

"Mike's hairy ass"

WOW...just kinda funny.

I agree

yeah, you missed it when this was more then a forum about opeth. it was a forum gathering people who happen to like opeth. there's a difference. this place used to be an insanely thriving community that was built around opeth, yet had little to do with opeth. you talked about anything and everything. seriously, people started asking for advice to personal problems, comforting eachother, having in depth philosophical conversations, and such. and then there were also some hilarious moments that got really out of hand and amusing where jokes would be pushed to limits and flame wars were half out of jest. opeth was merely the social commonality that made all of that possible.

i actually popped in today after a good part of a year to see what happened to this place. it is so dead its funny. oh well, i had some good times and got some great music, so i guess that's all that matters.

Uhh I come heer to discuss Opeth. I could care less about hob knobbing with people over a pc. I don't care about any of your personal problems. Just the music of opeth. This is the best board on UM in my opinion. Some these other boards are plain shit. The topics strafe so far away from the band it's unbelievable. Thank God for the opeth board :headbang:

I hate the word fanboy.... it's just some buzzword everybody uses to show themselves and others how mature and non-fanboyish they are...when actually they are jerking off on a picture of Mike..

But really, I hate people who use "fanboy" all the time. Like, when you say "Mikael is the best overall singer in the world"...the reply you get: "Shut up, FANBOY". That's such bullshit, that's what I cannot stand about this forum. 17 year old adolescent boys calling other people a "fanboy". Just shut the fuck up and let people say what they want. Except "fanboy"

AbsentFriend said:
I hate the word fanboy.... it's just some buzzword everybody uses to show themselves and others how mature and non-fanboyish they are...when actually they are jerking off on a picture of Mike..

But really, I hate people who use "fanboy" all the time. Like, when you say "Mikael is the best overall singer in the world"...the reply you get: "Shut up, FANBOY". That's such bullshit, that's what I cannot stand about this forum. 17 year old adolescent boys calling other people a "fanboy". Just shut the fuck up and let people say what they want. Except "fanboy"

agreed. i'm tired of the tough shits over a fucking computer

haha I agree completely. Everyone tries to belittle each other by calling each other fanboys. Who cares if someone happens to really like Opeth!

I never said all these extreme fans were bad or I hated them. I just said it's kinad funny.

You guys simply jump to conclusions...read my fucking post and stop trying to make it seem different.

Seriously, you guys are the ones lashing at me.

I was just stating something about the forum with the mass abundance of *NSYNC boys.

MightyA said:
That's only because you're so fucking cool.

30_30.jpg

Dhein said:
I never said all these extreme fans were bad or I hated them. I just said it's kinad funny.

You guys simply jump to conclusions...read my fucking post and stop trying to make it seem different.

Seriously, you guys are the ones lashing at me.

I was just stating something about the forum with the mass abundance of *NSYNC boys.

This post was not exclusively about you, megalomaniac! It was about "those" people in general.... read the fucking post dumbass...