Therion

Cheers. I was thinking about getting Theli anyway, 'cos one of the songs I heard was from that album. Perhaps I'll get Secret of the Runes instead. Oh, I don't know. I'll probably end up plumping for the one with the best cover... :D

I love therion.

I love their pre Theli albums.

I have In Sanctorum (There BEST ALBUM... HELLO>> BEST ALBUM, Great Prog Death, good tracks include Future Consciousness, The Way, and Paths.)

I have Symphony Masses which I found a bit of a dissapointed with. You can see the experimentalism, and you can see signs of the thelli style starting to show. A few great tracks on there. But you can here Christofer Johnsson's vocals beggining to get shitter. Less prog, still reasonably good.

Lepaca Kliphoth, Great Album, their transitional stage, Death with classical influences, great songs, but Chris's vocals have gone to hell. So now they use choirs. Still love this album, but I feel like I'm in the eighties. They went backwards and forwards with this album.

I'm missing Thelli and the album with the really long name.

I've heard most of Vovin, which I love.

And Deggial is pure Genius.

Secret Of The runes is pretty much the same as deggial. But I fucking love this album for some reason. The production seems really good. The album has a real heavy feel to it which I enjoy.

Therion is teh good.

Originally posted by Metal88
Therion....I know nothing about them excpet that Dan Swano did something with at least one of their albums, that true? I will start by listening to that album. Anyone know which one? Maybe I should post this on Dan's board.....man that's gonna be a lot of work tho......<grin>

In case you didn't get that information from there, Dan sang on a couple of songs on both Theli and A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming (a strange "left-over"-compilation, with a couple of nice cover-songs).

-Villain

Originally posted by famuz
Apparently there are no pre-Theli Therion fans on this board. I've never seen them play live so I don't know if they still play their
old stuff (from Symphony Masses and such) but if they do, you
might be in for a surprise (an unpleasant one I guess, if you're expecting choral vocals and the like).

I love pre-Theli Therion and post of course. I love the grindy ....of darkness:headbang:

Therion has one, and Only One reasonably good album, which is "Beyond Sanctorum". That was long before they began adding up silicon-orchestras on top of bland heavy-metal riffs and selling it as something a-la musical. All the albums after "Beyond Sanctorum" range from "mostly shite with few non-offending moments" to "Monumentum Excrementum Total", and "Secrets of the Runes" falls into the latter category.

On the 1-10 cheese scale, they're about 12.5 .

I'm terribly/terribly sorry/sorry. Waa haah haaa!!!

D Mullholand

Veil...I don't consider them cheesy at all (although the male choirs can get annoying, i.e. Enter Vrilya), that was a response to an earlier inquiry. Arab Zaraq is worth owning just for In Remembrance and the Children Of The Damned cover. Black Fairy is cool too.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
From what I understand, A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming is entirely made up of cover songs, and according to an interview I read it is the soundtrack to some play in Germany. I still haven't decided whether to buy it or not. I don't generally care for cover songs, but some of the tracks are cool.

You are partly incorrect: there are three actual Therion-songs on A'arab Zaraq, one of which is a remake of an older tune. Then there are four cover-songs (Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Judas Priest and Running Wild) plus a whole movie-sountrack, made by Christoffer Johnsson.

-Villain