Things you'd like SymX to do...

rockyracoon said:
1. Play from entire catalog.
3. Re-record Damnation Game and DWoT. Though I will always prefer the original recordings, it would be nice to be able to crank that shit in my car and have it sound like it should.
R U SERIOUS?! Though I disagree w/ damnation game, I can understand your opinion...

...but to re record Divine wings is lunacy...I don't even know where to begin...

however I do agree with your opinions on SX headlining over DT

AND BTW...I said it before in this very thread and I'll say it again. A CO-Headlining tour would be perhaps the best thing ever to happen in the Progressive MEtal Genre.

Actually, you know what would be the coolest? A Prog Metal tour set. Dream Theater, Symphony X, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Shadow Gallery... oh man, that would be godly. I couldn't even begin to imagine...

MetalMan57 said:
R U SERIOUS?! Though I disagree w/ damnation game, I can understand your opinion...

...but to re record Divine wings is lunacy...I don't even know where to begin...

OK well perhaps I went a little too far with DWoT being re-recorded. But certainly it could be remastered, which would solve my original problem of not being able to listen to it at the volumes I would like to.

I recently just picked up all the Special Edition cds, and I'm wondering why they didn't just remaster those.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Damnation Game doesn't need to be rerecorded. It just needs to be remasterred with a volume boost! The Self Titled needs to be rerecorded.

Ptah Khnemu said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Damnation Game doesn't need to be rerecorded. It just needs to be remasterred with a volume boost! The Self Titled needs to be rerecorded.

NO WAY!!! Damnation Game is by far my favorite SX disc. It needs to be redone. Now I will say this: If redoing it means overcompressing the crap out of it like The Odyssey, then FORGET IT, I would rather it just stay how it is. But if they are willing to re-record it with the idea of maintaining the raw, stripped down sound then I am completely in favor.

Ptah Khnemu said:

In all honest I think damnation game is great how it is, the self titled could be remastered or rerecorded, either way it would be cool

Record a live DVD... with a real orchestra... and a choir... perform "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy"... and... "V"... and... "The Odyssey".

Stay together

And release a shit load a great albums... and do some fantastic tours...

Mikachu said:
Actually, you know what would be the coolest? A Prog Metal tour set. Dream Theater, Symphony X, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Shadow Gallery... oh man, that would be godly. I couldn't even begin to imagine...
Yeah ESPECIALLY with the current fued between Mike Portnoy and Geoff Taint...

Personally, I'd really like to see them perform V straight through uninterupted. I always feel like when a band has a concept album - presenting it as it is really meant to be in its unified form is the best way to experience it. When you listen to V straight through, the ending of Rediscovery II is just 1000x more powerful and emotional. That album has so much lyrically, thematically, and melodically that makes it a journey from begining to end and I'd love to see it performed as it is really meant to be perceived.

Screw re-recording the first album, a lot of those songs blow or at the very least are sub-par to what the band is doing now. Why waste time re-recording old stuff when you could be recording new, better material

SyXified said:
Personally, I'd really like to see them perform V straight through uninterupted. I always feel like when a band has a concept album - presenting it as it is really meant to be in its unified form is the best way to experience it. When you listen to V straight through, the ending of Rediscovery II is just 1000x more powerful and emotional. That album has so much lyrically, thematically, and melodically that makes it a journey from begining to end and I'd love to see it performed as it is really meant to be perceived.

Hell yes!! ala Scenes From a Memory.

This, with an orchestra, along with some cool visual accompaniment (like a mini-movie of the V story). The impact of the album performed live like this would be absolutely musical orgasm-inducing :headbang:

Hawk said:
Record a live DVD... with a real orchestra... and a choir... perform "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy"... and... "V"... and... "The Odyssey".

Stay together

And release a shit load a great albums... and do some fantastic tours...
If they did Divine Wings and V in one, fuck the Odyssey! I'd say tweak the lyrics to fit Divine Wings to fit the story of V, and stick it in between Bird Serpent War and On the Breath of Poseidon. It would work PERFECTLY!!