Things you'd like SymX to do...

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Agreed X1000.

Personally, I would like to see them do a huge, 60+ minute epic that just pwns the Odyssey and Divine Wings.

That is a MASSIVE call there, TO ad DMoT where Beyond EPIC

Though i agree with the concept of a One Song album that just blows everything else away, something that redefines the word epic, something epic but unique and with a full orchestra.

Also a World Tour which includes Melbourne(Australia) !!!!

Thanks

Shain (Obsidian0231)

Umm.... Shit. That's a tuffie. I'd rather see both bands switching on and off, keeping each band's gear on stage at all times... except the drumset. Rullo could use Portnoy's set. Sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

proulxski said:

Harsh??? I think not. Please allow me to outline just a few reasons why SX has no business headlining over DT:

1. Fanbase/Popularity. Not even close.
2. DT has a much more extensive catalog, AND ACTUALLY PLAYS FROM IT.
3. DT has proven they can successfully do a tour with 2-3hr shows.
4. DT brings the whole live package. Lights, sound, stage setup, etc... SX shows have all the feel of some sort of local band showcase.
5. DT has already toured virtually every market. SX has not.

These are just a few reasons. And don't get me wrong, I would love to see this tour happen someday, and I do think it will. But for now, DT is at a completely different level than SX. Perhaps SX will one day achieve the same success. I hope they do, but they have not yet. And this really has nothing to do with liking one band over the other, it's just the reality.

I think you have a point. But remember, you don't really need to have large number of songs to play from to play a show. Think about it: How many songs can you pack into an show? The Divine Wings of Tragedy is a little bit over an hour long. Same with The Odyssey.

I went to a DT concert, 3/26/06, the concert was probably about 2 1/2 hours long (of actual music -- also remember, there was no opening act). So a full tour of both of them; no opener/main event, a dual band tour, might each have about 2 hours to themselves. That could easily work.

Symphony X would have to put in a lot of work to really be able to side DT, and I agree that SX would probably not be able to actually headline over DT. I still think a side-by-side tour could definitely work. I really hope it will, at least eventually. I'll be waiting.

I remember Ptah said something long ago that went a little something like this: "I don't wanna sound creepy or anything, but a progapalooza festival would be the equivalent of sex."

Indeed it would... And I still stand by my Uber dream show consisting of Symphony X and an Orchestra to back it up.