Things you'd like SymX to do...

Then Malmsteen could walk in and say "This isn't where I parked my car!!" and then just walk out.

Ptah Khnemu said:
Then Malmsteen could walk in and say "This isn't where I parked my car!!" and then just walk out.
More like "This isn't where my chauffeur parked my car cause I'm too important to do anything myself."

And a truly great guitarist will shred while doing something else. Example: Jason Becker legato-ing the fretboard while playing with a yo-yo.

Yes, I am.

MrFast said:
Nah, my name spawns from a really dumb way. Me and my friends were complaining about Superman and how his name was really plain and has no imagination put into it and we were coming up with really cheezy names for superheroes.. Anyways I said Mr. Fast would be the lamest of the lame and we almost fell down the stairs laughing.

Here's the explanation behind my screen name.

it would be sick if they realeased an album with just their epics on it...

Symphony X: Epics On The Edge of Forever ( and they actually rerecord all the songs for the album and add some new solo's an shit)

EXAMPLE: Through The Looking Glass (Like the Live Version)
On The Edge of Forever
Divine Wings of Tragedy
The Odyssey
A Lesson Before Dying
V: The New Mythology Suite (it Would be sick if they made this
into one conecting song...)

I score -1 for MrFast, hereby CANCELING the effect of the original +1....
I enjoy the 1st album as it is, but either way we must examine the opportunity cost of redoing all 10 tracks of the S/T. While Symphony X are working on those, they're missing out on brand new songs they could be doing, which would bring more overall enjoyment per day of work put in than the S/T ones.

Yeah, but they really don't need to spend months writing all the material, because they already wrote it, and that saves them a long long time and alot of stress. So it really wouldn't take that long. They wouldn't be missing out on tpp much really.

NoSoup4you said:
I score -1 for MrFast, hereby CANCELING the effect of the original +1....
I enjoy the 1st album as it is, but either way we must examine the opportunity cost of redoing all 10 tracks of the S/T. While Symphony X are working on those, they're missing out on brand new songs they could be doing, which would bring more overall enjoyment per day of work put in than the S/T ones.
I never said I would like it more, I actually enjoy the first album as much as I enjoy all the other albums. It's got it's uniqueness to it that I can't get enough of.
I believe the term I used to describe it was that it would be "interresting".

Oh gawd, not the "when is Sy-X re-recording the 1st album?" thread.....
Someone pass me some morphine!

Weren't the list/forums about 50/50 on whether or not they should do that or not?

J-Dubya ( <- Thinks it would be cool if they did that though)

So you condone the discussion but add your opinion on it anyway :D

BTW every time I think about it, I become more sure the next album will be a double CD. Uh oh....

NoSoup4you said:
BTW every time I think about it, I become more sure the next album will be a double CD. Uh oh....

That would be so awesome! I would also love it if they released a full-length album (with subtitle along the lines of "Part. I"), and then another full-length album about 6 months (or so) later--Part. II.

NoSoup4you said:
So you condone the discussion but add your opinion on it anyway :D

Yes, I'm conflicting like that sometimes..... :heh:
Since the first cd gets slagged so much (unjustifiably, IMO...) it WOULD be cool to hear it redone. On the other hand, this topic has been dissected/autopsied a thousand times already. Kind of like me arguing the validity of bands like Pain of Salvation......:lol:

J-Dubya

1. Play from entire catalog.
2. Record first album with Russell on vox.
3. Re-record Damnation Game and DWoT. Though I will always prefer the original recordings, it would be nice to be able to crank that shit in my car and have it sound like it should.

rockyracoon said:
1. Play from entire catalog.
2. Record first album with Russell on vox.
3. Re-record Damnation Game and DWoT. Though I will always prefer the original recordings, it would be nice to be able to crank that shit in my car and have it sound like it should.

DWoT has like, perfect production... Or at least, 1,000,000x better than Twilight in Olympus...

The drums on Twilight sound like they were recorded in a bathroom. They don't sound bad. They sound great, but it doesn't mix well with a band like Symphony X.