Things you'd like SymX to do...

A WORLD DOMINATION would be quite cool.

They just would have to buy extrem big (REALLY BIG) amplifiers,
some intergalactic-transporters and then they should set everything
up on the moon and play their whole discography!

Symphony X live from Moon!

And the whole world could listen, muhahaha!

proulxski said:
Would you prefer- "The Strong Knight with Shinning armour continues his quest" or "A heart of gold, pumps within his metal skin, a noble line he carries on"?

There's really no major difference between the two aside from detail. :Smug: Rather than just telling a 100% literal story, the real great lyrical bands at least tie it in to real life. IMO lyrics are the weakest point of Symphony X. While they're not painfully cheesy, thank god, they hold no meaning for me either.

If Pink Floyd could have a movie of The Wall, and The Who could have a movie of Tommy, then Symphony X deserves a full length movie of V!!

EDIT: And my plans for the day fell through, which means that I'm not on any drugs, other than my medication.

NoSoup4you said:
While they're not painfully cheesy, thank god, they hold no meaning for me either.

Moby Dick holds very little meaning to my life as well, but it is still recognized as a classic work of literature.

And I'm sure 90% of your life experiences, if put into words, would hold little meaning to me (and vice versa) as well. Let the lyrics be what they write - it's whatever's in their heads set to music. I think they're pretty creative.

But then again, I really only listen to the guitars in any music. :rolleyes:

wchuck said:
A WORLD DOMINATION would be quite cool.

They just would have to buy extrem big (REALLY BIG) amplifiers,
some intergalactic-transporters and then they should set everything
up on the moon and play their whole discography!

Symphony X live from Moon!

And the whole world could listen, muhahaha!
Hey Guy...uhh...There is no air in space...which means there is no air to compress and rarify (move back and forth) which means there is no music in space...:Smug: :rolleyes: :lol: :loco: :guh: :Spin: :erk: :dopey:

There's really no major difference between the two aside from detail. Rather than just telling a 100% literal story, the real great lyrical bands at least tie it in to real life. IMO lyrics are the weakest point of Symphony X. While they're not painfully cheesy, thank god, they hold no meaning for me either.

Meh... Symphony X will continue to write the way they feel whether or not we think its right or wrong... But IMO I must disagree with you, Symphony X lyrics mean alot to me and I find it far from their weak point! The only weak point symphony X ever had was Rod Tyler... I find Symphony X's lyrics rather meaningful and complex... Many probably know how much time it can take to fully understand one of their songs...even than you might not fully understand it unless the band explains it to you...Which is a rarity!

Nah, Russel Allen is a real man. he would never cry. Crying is for little girly girls, and Russel Allen ain't no girly girl.... or at least I hope he's not.

proulxski said:
Meh... Symphony X will continue to write the way they feel whether or not we think its right or wrong... But IMO I must disagree with you, Symphony X lyrics mean alot to me and I find it far from their weak point! The only weak point symphony X ever had was Rod Tyler... I find Symphony X's lyrics rather meaningful and complex... Many probably know how much time it can take to fully understand one of their songs...even than you might not fully understand it unless the band explains it to you...Which is a rarity!

Well, I should revise my statement. They do have the occasional great lyric ( Shades of Grey, Candlelight Fantasia, Rediscovery II....) And really they're not bad.... especially compared to some similar bands. But while bands like Kamelot, Queensryche and Everon have really affected me with their lyrics, Symphony X's are just OK to good most of the time. And that might just be the difference in subject matter for me, but idk. The Black Halo was based on Faust, but told the story in an AMAZING emotional way that made me care about it... And I usually don't care about concept albums!

For the DVD: Adam Fulara style tapping for mjr and hendrix style keys behind pinella's head :headbang: . Maybe if mjr tapped a solo while taking over lepond's bass with tapping with the other hand :p. Then lepond could reciprocate and elaborate just to prove that he's just as good and better. Then petrucci could come in (sorry for bringing him into it again :p) and mjr and him could FINALLY have a guitar battle and settle the ongoing "who is better" debate...... well not really who is better cos that is based on opinion but rather who is crazier which is more easily comparable. OR maybe they could have 2 dvd's :) ..... one could be serious and one could be them rocking out and going nuts and generally just showing off :D .