Things you'd like SymX to do...

MrFast said:
MJR and Sym X should team up with John Williams and make the best CD/tour ever.

uh, tour? CD? Who would be writing the music... Williams or Sym X? What would be Williams' function on the tour or CD? No offense, but I doubt Williams would give Symphony X the time of day. He scores for orchestras, not tours or collabs with metal groups.

Androz said:
I'll correct him:

First tour in South America that includes a show in Chile..... And in Argentina :D

I'll correct myself...Another tour in South America, including Colombia,Chile & Argentina.:D:headbang: :Smokin:

NoSoup4you said:
I'd like to see Symphony X's lyrics go away from fantasy and literature for awhile.

Hmm I'd say we've never had such thing as lyrics based on horror literature...but we've had some epic literature...but I may be in accord with you...may be we could have some type of realistic lyrics like in Vision Divine, Andromeda, DT etc.
For now, E.A Poe & H.P Lovecraft is good for me.

arglebargle said:
uh, tour? CD? Who would be writing the music... Williams or Sym X? What would be Williams' function on the tour or CD? No offense, but I doubt Williams would give Symphony X the time of day. He scores for orchestras, not tours or collabs with metal groups.

Noone ever said John Williams and Sym X can't work together. At least noone that I know of said that.

NoSoup4you said:
I'd like to see Symphony X's lyrics go away from fantasy and literature for awhile.

Why? I think if that's what inspires their music, then that's what they should write about. I don't know that sitting down and writing an epic about your morning shower ritual is all that inspiring. I don't think it would be too inspiring to listen to anyway...

I kinda agree about the lyrics. Their music and lyrical content is absolutely awesome as it is, there's no question to that. But it would be nice, a little more often, to listen to some words that can touch a more personal, or universal, chord with a listener. They could pull this off, you know. A good example of a song that already does that is "Awakenings." God, that song is so awesome. It has a broad musical range, and yet touching lyrics that I'm sure everyone has identified with at some point.

BTW, Symphony X is the one band that could write an epic about the morning shower and make it one of the greatest pieces you've ever heard! :)

MrFast said:
didn't like The Turning as much because the lyrics are just there, it's like it doesn't really mean anything.
Nothing at all, except being completely based on Jekyll and Hyde...

And that never-released DWoT epic mentioned on the first/second pages... That was Twilight in Olympus, there was going to be an epic but the album was a bit rushed, so it found its way into some songs on "V".

1) Considering both bands will probably end up touring at the same time for their new albums, a SymX/Zero Hour tour would not only be plausible, but completely incredible.

2) A live DVD is an absolute must.

3) I've got to agree, SymX scoring a film would be pretty amazing.

And just to comment on the lyric discussion: fantasy and literature based lyrics can be more universal, more timeless, and far deeper and more meaningful than some vague lyrics about "real life." That's not to say they can't be pure cheese, and I have nothing against other types or lyric content, I just think both are equally viable.

Originally Posted by NoSoup4you

Symphony X's lyrical written is what makes them so unique! I've never seen somsone be able to tell the same old story in a new refreshing way, and on top of which add in the most complex musical layouts probable. Think about it...

Would you prefer- "The Strong Knight with Shinning armour continues his quest" or "A heart of gold, pumps within his metal skin, a noble line he carries on"

I only know of one band who can use words in music Like symphon X does... Writhe, Inquisitorial, Lucid, perpetual! If they wan't to stray away from fantasy it might not be so bad (as long as its not a permenant change) but when it comes to quoting Edger Allen Poes work, or Love Craft, maybe even some Alfred Hitch--- I prefer their current approach. They should'nt sing that way anyway, we already have Dream Theater to fill that void of our life... If Symphony X makes the transition, who fills their void?

OfSinsAndShred said:
And that never-released DWoT epic mentioned on the first/second pages... That was Twilight in Olympus, there was going to be an epic but the album was a bit rushed, so it found its way into some songs on "V".

You're totally right and I realized that laying in bed before going to sleep.