Things you'd like SymX to do...

MetalMan57 said:
Wow there are some borderlining ludicris requests...I'll try and keep mine realistic...

1. RELEASE THE NEW ALBUM
2. TOUR and come to Pittsburgh for an all ages show.
----ITd be cool to see them for an evening with DT style, but they still aren't big enough I think.
----IF they could do a Fall/Winter tour with DT thatd be AWESOME. Just those 2 and ONLY SX and DT. No Opening acts, 90 minutes each. However, DT is taking the summer off after a long tour which means next up for them is probably the studio, not another tour.
3. Somehow get on like atlantic records, epic, universal, capital, or some major label that could help them out.
4. Being anti power metal and such, I think they should stray away from another epic. They just did one. Take a break, make another twilight or damnation esque album with a 10 minute mini epic.
----Moreover, Less fantasy stuff. Or at least make it cryptic like The Turning. I know that is like something talked about on the website in FAQs or something, the fact that they don't touch life issues, but thats what strikes nerves with people and makes further networking and recognition. ...That and...
5. BALLS OUT TOURING. I know they are a bit further along with their lives and careers. But I think DT showed that if u want to be a prog band and be big, you better tour your balls off. And play big shows with big setlists.
I couldn't disagree more with that. I didn't like The Turning as much because the lyrics are just there, it's like it doesn't really mean anything. The Accolade, Through the Looking Glass, Rediscovery, the epics or "mini-epics" in other words, are my favorites. The lyrics tell a story, it's great imagining the story happen in your head and stuff. If Sym X ever start writing lyrics that directly touch life issues I'm probably gonna get really pissed and purchase every DT album pre-6degrees and get a new favorite band..

Back to topic: Another thing that would rule... Frank Zappa Tribute Album by Sym X :D:D:D:D

They should found a CAAAAANDDYYYYYYY firm!!!!

But some more epics like THE ODYSSEY would be awesome, as well as a tour with an orchestra and a live DVD!

MetalMan57 said:
4. Being anti power metal and such, I think they should stray away from another epic. They just did one. Take a break, make another twilight or damnation esque album with a 10 minute mini epic.
----Moreover, Less fantasy stuff. Or at least make it cryptic like The Turning. I know that is like something talked about on the website in FAQs or something, the fact that they don't touch life issues, but thats what strikes nerves with people and makes further networking and recognition. ...That and...
Damnit, dude. It's enough I gotta hear this shit from you in real life all the time. Now you're coming to my favorite online hangouts and spreading your hate of all things epic. :lol:

What I'd like to see: Two words: Full orchestra. That's all. And all that stuff we already know they're gonna do, such as finish the new album.

ABQShredHead said:
I think releasing that Divine Wings of Tragedy epic that never made the CD would be frickin' awesome.

wha?

never heard of that, is this something that is available somewhere? or just something that has been mentioned?

The only 2 things I'd like at the minute is for them to tour the U.K. that doesn't just include London. If not, then please come over more often as you do have fans over here. :) Also to release a DVD of a full set, some behind the scenes stuff would be cool too. :headbang:

1)Having some DT/Syx tour or cd would be simply...i dont know what to say. I can't even think about it before my brain starts jumping from idea to idea and having the most awsome images and creating riffs between Petrucci and Romeo--best actual ,contemporary giutars in the metal world...OMFG:OMG: ...that would be just fabulous....my life's dream...but just a dream.

2)For me the new cd's theme is awsome,perfect and new. It will refresh the idea about Syx, and let us rest for some years of the epic/mythological lyrics, though most of them, like in Odyssey or The New Mythology Siute are very fine.(great cd).

3)First tour in south america...we also deserve good music in here.

4)A DVD, live or made up of videos.:Smokin: :headbang: :hotjump:

wchuck said:
They released one yet : "V" :headbang:

I knew somebody was going to say that :p

Sure, V plays like 1 song... in a way, but there's still a large difference between a concept album and an epic song.

I think a large set with DT would be quite awesome. Imagine a DVD with those two bands on it, playing a full set each, covering a few songs of the opposing band, and then coming together at the end for a large jam-fest :headbang:

They should write an epic about STAR WARS!!!

And they should be released as action figures, with cool sounds and patters.

A comic would be cool as well!

You know what would rule? If the next album is actually a 2 CD thing like 6 Degrees and it's actually been kept secret and THAT's why it took so long to make.. It's all starting to make sense..

Unless George Lucas gave them permission. You can't say "No" to Sym X. (Unless it's something obscene or retarted.) Saying "No" to Sym X is blasphamy, since Sym X is, after all, God.