Thoughts on Twilight(US)?

Death Aflame

voice of dissent
Feb 1, 2004
I picked this up recently, and I quite like. You can tell the styles kind of clash but overall I think it works well. Your thoughts?

Considering I only like Krieg and Leviathan, I couldn't find much to like about it myself.

It's so funny how you can tell which guitar parts were Wrest's, which vocals are done by Lord Imperial, etc. That ruins the cohesiveness a little bit, and the idea of "all-star" bands bugs me, especially for black metal. There are good ideas scattered throughout but ultimately I was unsatisfied with it. Good musicianship and production, though.

Astral Poetry said:
too many cooks in the kitchen
That's I've been thinking, still a decent album though. I'm looking forward to their next one, hopefully there will be a bit more unity in their work.

i thought it was sort of shitty, but the only band i really like out of them is leviathan.

also nachtmystium are shitty and i hate them thanks for taking up a half hour opening for sabbat that sabbat or the lord weird slough feg could have played during!

Does it sound any similar to Xasthur? Xasthur is the only one I like compared to the member's main bands, and even so it is not THAT great, so I never bothered picking Twilight up.

Yeah I would agree with the cooks metaphor. However it would seem more fitting if each cook were in there own kitchen and made whatever they liked and brought them all together at the end and said it was a group effort.

I heard them in a friends car one time. Some of it reminded me of Darkthrone meets Burzum.

You can tell the vocalist used a lot of effects which is something I do not care for. Musically not bad at all.