Thyrfing - Valdr Galga

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
This is awesome! MUCH better than I remember (for some reason, I thought this was a jolly ho hum type ordeal but it's really not). OK so the keyboards are a little loud in the mix, but viking heavy metal should be pompous, loud, and over the top. :loco:

"Heading for the Golden Hall", "From Wilderness Came Death", "Valdr Galga", "Firever", and "Mimers Well" (oh lord, what a track) are just fucking classic. :headbang:

The fact that I listened to "One Rode to Asa Bay" just before probably helped somewhat. Man, that song is an anthem for the ages. :kickass:

Also, based on the Thyrfing albums I've heard, it's their Valdr Galga and Urkraft material that will probably work better live than Vannisivisor and the new one, I imagine. We'll just have to wait and see... :heh:

:kickass: to the One Rode to Asa Bay reference

also: it's been said before, but while we're on the topic...

Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr is GODDAMN GOOD

I actually listened to this the other day. It's pretty good, nothing too terribly special, but pretty okay. The songs are pretty varied for Viking Metal. "Urkraft" is much better IMO.

I like this one too. Thyrfing has always been pretty consistent. I even like their demo CD release. Urkraft s still their best.

Vansinesvisor is actually my least fave from them.

Dark One said:
I actually believe it to be my favorite of theirs JK, so I'm right with ya.

:kickass: But man, for someone that loves viking metal so much, I can't believe you dismiss Bathory's "Hammerheart" - the bible of VM!

That said, the new one sounds like it's going to own ye all.

Hope so. The two tracks I've heard thus far have been 'ok'. Need more listens obviously....