To all the new users

Misanthrope

Latin, NOT Mexican.
Oct 11, 2001
My House.
www.i-mockery.com
Please do us a favor and, in addition to posting about what a great show DT offered last night, also tell us about yourself, your favorite bands, your points of view on life, death, religion, politics and cereal. You know...anything at all besides Last Night's gig.

You, the new user, might not be aware of this but the DT forum was once host to a great and interesting comunity of people, seeing that we have so many new posters nowdays why dont you come here and chitchat about something besides dt to revitalize the forum?

Note: message severely edited to please good will hunting bitches and fags who regulary make a big fucking deal about nothing.

Misanthrope said:
Please do us a favor and, in addition to posting about what a great show DT offered last night, also tell us about yourself, your favorite bands, your points of view on life, death, religion, politics and cereal. You know...anything at all besides Last Night's gig.

You, the new user, might not be aware of this but the DT forum was once host to a great and interesting comunity of people, seeing that we have so many new posters nowdays why dont you come here and chitchat about something besides dt to revitalize the forum?

This is funny, I thought you were fed up with the amount of non-band-related bullshit chit chat that goes on here, now you're asking favors of the N00bs, telling them to chit chat and not just talk about the band. Or am I mistaken Mister? Also, you've claimed you don't give a fuck about most of the people here (except for those who are your long time friends) - and now you want to find out more about your fellow board members? Not sounding so misanthropic today. :p

Anyway I agree, these people with no avatar or sig or anything memorable about them, that just say, 'hey great gig - I love the band' and leave are a bit of a wind up. Then again they probably don't take forums as seriously as us, and don't have the same understanding of neticate. Maybe they got mixed up and thought this was the guestbook or some shit :rolleyes: .

Note: message severely edited to please good will hunting bitches and fags who regulary make a big fucking deal about nothing.
Classic!

You're not new, you can fucking drop dead for all i care i specifically said new users. If its not obvious that i hate the current regulars and wish death upon all of them, i apologize.

*saves this page as evidence for a story to be told in the next generations*

Actually, don't do Misanthrope any favors. I learned that the hard way.

I think this thread should be deleted because it incites people to be dickheads to everyone else. Take this flame-war discussion over to SOT1/SOT2.

It may be a nice gesture to make new DT forumers welcome here, but the Rahvin's sticky thread and "I'm new here/introduce myself" thread should suffice the newbies. I think most or all of the newbies are smart enough to find their way into and around this forum.

Arch said:
I think this thread should be deleted because it incites people to be dickheads to everyone else.

nah, it doesn't. but it wouldn't be that bad even if it did.

and yes, new users and old users alike: introducing new discussion topics is encouraged. by "discussion" i mean a subject you express your opinion on and wait for somebody else to express his or her opinion on. a discussion does not include a list of your grocery, a step-by-step guide to learn tango, or a full report on your experiences with hookers. a discussion does not imply that your reaction to someone else's point of view will consist in accusing the world to be unfair if said point of view does not support yours or is expressed with potentially offensive language. last but not least, if your point is that discussions are moot because all opinions are equally valid, do not start a discussion in the first place.

Misanthrope said:
You're not new, you can fucking drop dead for all i care i specifically said new users.
Yes, I knew who it was aimed at, and I could see it wasn't aimed at me, and I never said it was, I just didn't understand why a person so against phatic reportage/commentaries & hates just about everyone; wants to know more about newbies?

And for those dying for some intellectual debate :- Start one maybe?!?

King Chaos said:
And for those dying for some intellectual debate :- Start one maybe?!?

not sure if you were talking about me, but i'm not dying for an intellectual debate. i don't think i'd even participate in one, to be honest. i was just pointing the way for those who could be interested in debates on how to make them happen. of the other users posting in this thread, misanthrope is probably interested in intellectual debates since he started the thread; solefald is keeping a religious bisyllabic profile; taliesin, arch, and siren were barking at missy; the only other poster was you. i'm confused.