To all the new users

I like it when Misanthrope gets all kittenish. Although, he definitely can roar with the best of them, I don't find him all that cattish. But to cut to the chase, and perhaps claw my way out of a very bad pun, I wholeheartedly support Misanthrope's instatement as The First and Forsaken Lion. May he leopard the chance to serve his kingdom.

True, it's littered with possibilities, but we're milking it now. Maybe we should really enter into the spirit of things and post some lynx to cat sites.

This thread is becoming catastrophic.

Misanthrope said:
Too bad you're not capable of elegant structured thoughts and discourse, otherwise i would indulge you.

Right, this needs a response, and a question. The response: I know that I'm not the ultimate philosopher that mankind has produced, therefore I do not take exception to this definition. Personally, I think I'm better than the average (not confined to this forum) where structured thoughts are concerned, while I might not excel in elegance on here because English is not my first language. But that's an opinion, and you're free to disagree. For once, I'm not even offended by your post.

On the other hand, please mention people (on here) that you regard as capable of good conversation according to the definition I gave. In order to clarify, I'm thinking of: non-superficial reflection, original ideas, pleasant and inspiring form, knowledge of the topic that's being debated, openness and receptiveness towards counter-arguments. I'm curious as to whom you would put on the white list.

*guesses the answer, gets popcorn and waits*

edit: btw, i think it's very amusing how i only made 3 mild (ie clearly not attacking or cursing anyone) posts on this thread, in one of which i was actually dissing myself, and still i get accused of "barking at poor Missy" and "childishly attacking poor Missy every chance". Especially the last accusation is overly amusing as it's coming from poor Missy himself.