To the the guys that make amp sims..

So, it has become completely obvious to me at least, that if we were to stay with just Guitar FX/Sims alone, ABG would in fact fail as we do not make clones/sims of existing heads, at least to their entirety, people are just not very interested in relatively original head concepts. It seems that they are only very interested in copies of existing heads.

100% true.
If you take sugestions of plugins, I would love some vocal distortion VSTs. Something really mean, like industrial stuff.

Rangemaster is coming with G-SPOT, But you're right I should be releasing that standalone and the drive amp, I promissed them what 2 months ago...Thanks for the reminder man.. :)

Narco...Elaborate a little more....

KM

What you need to include is a "RANDOM" button. Sort of like the one on the synth "Alchemy" by CamelAudio - a button that creates a new preset each time you click on it. You could probably come up with some wild sounds that way. :headbang:

From the Alchemy manual:

fucking incredible idea. holy shit

All right, if we're gonna brainstorm in this thread then... I reckon we need a fuzz. I've been using Oxywavez Fuzz and Audiodamage Fuzzplus forever and man, they're BORING. The same sound over and over.

I wonder if it's possible to make an impulse of a torn speaker? That could make for a killer fuzztone. :headbang:

G-SPOT is really amazing for both clean and gainy stuff :headbang: and the options in the cab sim/loader are really fucking cool. Had some probs saving presets in cubase but i guess it is expected. Looking forward to the final version Johnny which must be the best plug u ever made. Randomize is really useful, Console (the vst chainer) has a built-in one and it comes really handy

So Jind made a comment about adding a randomize button in G-SPOT...I was all set to write an external app to G-SPOT that would randomize the preset files..Then I thought, hey I'm writing the code anyways, Why don't I just include an SDK that anyone can use to write external programs for G-SPOT's Presets...So I did! Now G-SPOT Preset files can be externally edited a little easier with the use of COM objects. So as part of the SDK I am including the source code for the Random head maker. I'm also going to write it in Visual Basic so its really easy to follow. I don't know if anyone will use it or not, but at least you're not limited..

So in other words, yes the random head thing is gonna happen..
KM

Deadstar, yeah the version you have is basically an ALPHA, and extremely bugged out. But most of the bugs in there have already been Repaired..

Nectar, I am almost positive you can get G-SPOT itself to sound like a fuzz pedal...I'm guessing here, but adjust the Tube bias probably under bias, and set the input frequency cutoff to be all bass, then max the gain on the tubes and I think you'll be safely in Big Muff type territory..
KM

You have made my anticipation over G-Spot increase 100 fold over the past few days. I thought it was a great idea to begin with, but you have shown that how much you value interesting ideas from your user base, not just the "model me a _______ sounding amp - I can get ______ and so's tone" user that can get their Marshecto51v30OversizedJCM50 sounds from a myriad of resources out there. G-Spot sounds like it will be just the thing for wild moments if not hours of abandon creativity.

Add this to my other recent purchase of Camel Audio's Alchemy, I'm going to be locked away from the world for a bit making the sounds in my head come alive. :devil::devil::devil::Smokedev::Smokedev::Smokedev:

PS - Once you have pay for products, I'll be on them like bees on honey. You have shown yourself to be worthy of my money like the other companies I support - Cakewalk, Steven Slate, IKMultimedia (purchased through esoundz.com - they are great at rewarding their customer base) as all these companies have shown an interest in their fans/customers and their ideas.

... adjust the Tube bias probably under bias, and set the input frequency cutoff to be all bass, then max the gain on the tubes and I think you'll be safely in Big Muff type territory..
KM

Ken, G-SPOT sounds like exactly what I had in mind when I first asked about chaining tubes together on GAM

this thing's gonna be killer

Your tube compression and saturation algo's are already great, and the other heads are real fun to play.

Now to be able to tailor the tonestack and signal path to our liking, WOW, just wow!

Cool Guys...Learning curve though...Thats the killer, But I have tried to address that with the fact that there are already pre-made heads..
KM

zack The goal is to have Mac versions of all our plugs by release version 3..Si in the interim...Sorry but no..
KM

Hey Guys I recorded an example t showcase how the Wonder Girdle can work in its TalkBox. This is exactly the same setup that you would use for an AutoWah configuration of The Girdle, But, The Deviation setting is a little higher. This gives more depth to the vowel gives it a more ooohwoow instead of Waaaah.. It also demonstrates its sensitivity features, like how accurately it reads sound pressures to trigger the vowel. You'll hear me play soft and the effect is almost non present. It further shows the Scream feature of the Girdle. Playing normal says the vowel playing really really hard screams the vowel at you..

Ghetto bass and te Dig Delay is also present, these were all ran in series with The Girdle at the top, Ghetto bass, then the Dig Stereo Mono delay. Note that when effects are run in series in G-SPOT, Only the last effect in the chain will exhibit its stereo features, these are all mono in Stereo out FX.

There was no production on this, it was recorded strait in

Hahaha, My wife just noticed something...this is the first time you guys have ever heard me play....Thats interesting don't mind the playing, its not about that anyways! :)

LOL
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/DemoGirdleGhettoDigDelay.mp3

KM

I like it Ken - I like the growl at about the half way point - it really pops out at you. You have my attention with these new products. Keep up the great work.

2) I don't feel that our heads are really being used that much. I didn't really want to go into this here as well, but after all, I am a sneapster as much as any other member here and hell I even built you guys your own sneapsters head. So, you guys deserve as much to know as any other forum does. So, Allow me to explain myself, as was said the #1 reason we're moving into other areas is so that we are not single sourced, we need to cover all aspects of recording not just Guitar and bass. However, equally important, and critical to the success or failure of ABG is whether or not our plugs are used. This determines whether or not a value is placed on them, which in turn means whether or not people would pay a nominal fee for them..(like 10 or 15 dollars US). The idea is to keep the price as low as possible.
So, it has become completely obvious to me at least, that if we were to stay with just Guitar FX/Sims alone, ABG would in fact fail as we do not make clones/sims of existing heads, at least to their entirety, people are just not very interested in relatively original head concepts. It seems that they are only very interested in copies of existing heads.
Here are my two cents. I believe that the problem with your heads is quite simple: WAY too many controls. I, as a newbie, couldn't quite get how your heads work and I got kind of lost with all those controls and that extra gain controls, you know. Maybe that's what make them kind of hard to use, at least for newbies like me :), but I still think you guys are great at what you do, anyway.

Thanks Dexter for your thoughts, it is appreciated..
HAHA...You really won't like G-SPOT...There is 286 controls on it..
KM