Toontrack Metal Month 2013 - Trailer

Well i think it feels like a remix mostly because they recorded a few of the same drumkit parts that are on MM.
I'll stick with Metal Machine for a while not because i found this expansion sounds bad or anything like that, just because it sounds way to similar to MM. Excluding Bergstrand kits that sounded really cool on it's own way for a different type of vibe.
Would love to hear a more indeep soundcheck of this expansion or even a comparison between this new EZX and Metal Machine

You can record the same snare brand/type multiple times but you will never get it to sound the same as on a previous occasion (especially by a different engineer)

I think the three main selling points for EZXs these days are (in that order):

1. Producer names
  2. Artwork (Seriously)
  3. Ease of use

Notice how "Sound quality" isn't on that list? ;)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the products and/or sounds are bad. I'm using (and loving) a lot of them myself. it's just that you can get the same sound quality and an even wider array of sounds if you put in a little effort (Trigger + sample hunting) and don't care about fancy artwork and producer names.

so METAL! is really only one new kit with like the mixer sliders setup different for each producer? shit is confusing.

one Ludwig and one DW "remixed and layered with additional as well as personal samples by Mark Lewis, Jason Suecof and Daniel Bergstrand"

Apparently Suecof is on the new Pensado episode .....

I can't fathom how Dave and Jason will relate and get stuck in with gear talk for what Jason does considering how difficult the interview with Baressi was, this is even further out haha

Pardon the interruption. Just browsing Sweetwater and the EZX's are $40 and SDX's are $99 again.

i was definitively able to open and play the files directly on my old PC.
just tried it in windows 7 and it does not work. there should be a working codec/converter out there though...
I`m have serious doubt that codec for ttpwfmt exists in public realm :)
If you find the way to open these files (of course not like some kind of noise), tell us.

Yeah being able to make tci's of my EZX's without printing & cutting manually would be pretty awesome. If someone figures this out please let us know!

It's not possible. Only thing you can do is load the 32bit up into HighLife and resample each articulation by using its VSTi freeze and WAV export features.

I saw quite a few people saying how they feel that Metal! is just Metal Machine but with different mixes and one person at least said they wanted to see a comparison... so I made a simple one.

The first one is from Metalheads, second is from Metal Machine, last is from Metal! and I think they all sound pretty good.

I do not own all of these and so I had to get my friends to render out their favorite kits. We all have similar styles so I feel like we chose similar enough kits to make a simple comparison. Oh and I don't have a favorite all around kit for Metal! I prefer some kit pieces over others, so I used the default Big Crack kit.

I know this is not the best comparison so... If anyone wants me to make a full comparison on youtube with multiple kits and guitar/bass/vocals etc let me know!

Last edited by a moderator: