Toontrack Metal Month 2013 - Trailer

Lewis' kits sound amazing all round, especially snares/toms I like Suecof's kicks which will replace my machine ones,

why do toontrack keep including Bergstrand, foundry, metalheads, and this "metal" kit are toontracks bottom of the barrel.

Honka donka.

haha, i can so clearly hear how these are just the same old samples being remixed. i might still buy it on an audiodeluxe sale but 69€!? seriously? NOPE!

Sounds good but totally sounds like a Metal Machine that's been remixed slightly. Mark's kits clearly sound the best like. ;)

...and next year this day we will whine about MM 2014:D Why is so difficult for Toontrack to release a great metal SDX instead of EZ?

I guess SDXs just aren't TT's main market (anymore). Everything has got to be EZ these days.

Is that Staub SDX a rumor or (somewhat) confirmed? If it happen's probably just the Rock Solid Samples remixed cause it doesn't really make much sense economically to bring him in to record an EZX (!) and do it again the next year. Dude probably charges quite a bit let alone the studio cost.

Whatever you might make of this...

1383628_10200927549819152_1600056812_n.jpg

Ah, now I remember seeing this before. :) However it seems to kinda proof my point or wasn't Rock Solid at Warehouse Studios as well?

Sounds alright, will most likely get it so I have extra options. I have learned with most of the TT stuff that their demos usually sound like crap compared to what you can actually get out of them when you know how to tweak. The production quality seems on par so it could be useful for something.

On a side note I wish they would re-release MM as an SDX that has all the mics separated and unprocessed. I'd also wish they would redo the toms and have them in tune, and pitched to something diatonic so that they sound a little more musical. Then again I am a huge stickler on toms.

Also still waiting for a Colin Richardson or Jens Bogren Library! Get on that TT!

Mark Lewis has become one of my favorite "new" engineers
what i would give for his kits converted to TCI´s >.<

I don't know if it's because they recorded the same snare as the ones in Metal Machine (Tempesta Sig for example I think is what I read somewhere in the gear list, or maybe a sample they recorded themselfes of that snare was mixed in), but in some clips I could swear I hear that MM snare on the Metal! expansion....
Mark Lewis kits sound good, Bergstrand ones are cool too for different stuff...not too big into the suecof ones though.

Would be immensly disappointed if they'd mixed in some MM samples and not advertise it.

edit: some toms sound similar to MM too, but that could be of similar processing...and I think the toms they sound similar to could be the luwdwigs, which they also recorded in metalezx

According to the product details page the Big Crack Kit has a Ludwig BB and a Tama snare I think they are both MMachine samples :lol: Ring Smack Kit &#8211; Lewis has a Randy Staub Rock Solid snare sample
Bergstrand's kits sound really cool IMO theyre similar to what he used on Port Noirs album. This is from an interview:
Which album in your discography are you most satisfied with overall in terms of sound? Daniel: Puls by Port Noir.

Last edited by a moderator: