Toontrack Metal Month 2013 - Trailer

All I get from that comparison is that Metal! is Metal Machine with worse Cymbals and less Sneap reverb. :lol:

If Suecof and Lewish did a package in their own drum room? Sold. Them processing stuff Bergstrand tracked (which I've never been a fan of drum-wise)? Not so much.

Yeah, I feel like you need to see all of what Metal! has to offer in order to appreciate any of it, but I think I might like Metal Machine more. I actually think I might like mixing Metal! and Metal Machine together and get an amazing sound. I will have to check it out.

I may also try and upload a video showing all of Metal! and then do some comparison with Metal Machine and show them in a mix and what not. I feel like they are both viable options if they are the same price. I will say that Metal! has more pieces of kit and they all really do sound different, but it should have had more cymbals to choose from.

In the end it is all personal preference.

Here you go Indecizo. I posted this one in the practice room already, but I guess I can post it here too. Not the best mix in the world and done with headphones and I am not 100% sure I like all of the parts of the song... but it is good enough.

The drums don't have extra editing except for the toms and it is just a little EQ.

EDIT: Oh!! I also did a quick mix (like 10 minutes) with Lamb of God's Redneck! I got the stems/DI on the practice forum, the thread is probably still on the front page, but if it gives you another example of the kit then go ahead and check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Here you go Indecizo. I posted this one in the practice room already, but I guess I can post it here too. Not the best mix in the world and done with headphones and I am not 100% sure I like all of the parts of the song... but it is good enough.

The drums don't have extra editing except for the toms and it is just a little EQ.

EDIT: Oh!! I also did a quick mix (like 10 minutes) with Lamb of God's Redneck! I got the stems/DI on the practice forum, the thread is probably still on the front page, but if it gives you another example of the kit then go ahead and check it out!

Can you post other kits as well?

Ended up buying it... Just out of boredom as usual... The same way I bought Rock Solid when it came out. I hope it wont be such a disappointment. The processing of my order at Audiodeluxe seem to take forever though.

Sounds better than metal machine from what I can tell. I use metal machine as a base to add samples to so I'm happy with it for that. Metal! sounds a little more usable out of the box. Then again, I don't own it and there aren't many examples of it around atm.

haha i remember the early days of match eqing :) andys presets sound really good
edit: andy looks awesome as fuck

^ great point, the bass does sound ridiculously awesome! I do wish there was a more high gain type of bass sound as well.

Andy's EZ Mix video actually made me think about purchasing EZ Mix for a split second and that's saying a lot since EZ Mix is a program that goes against everything I stand for.

Toontrack should just give everything over to Andy. Andy's products are by far the best releases they've ever released. Andy, when are you going to give us a real SDX???

The kicks are great, I will use about 2/3 of them as the sole main kick probably and actually use machine ones for layering, other way round for snares, 1 or 2 good ones for a main snare, a couple for specific character layering, rest are bad. The toms are meh about as bad as foundry, and the cymbals are machine jr.