Toontrack Metal month 2014

$49 isn't that bad of a deal if you find a couple of presets worth using. Most people would spend way more on a pedal that only has one sound. :D

LOL! Let me revise my "fact" then for all you haters.

Toontrack ARE well known for great drum sounds and more importantly making the process of writing and recording music a lot easier that it has been without their products.

The EZ Mix guitar modeling is acceptable for a demo but I've never heard someone gushing over guitar tone from EZ Mix. Until any of those guys give up their real amps/Kempers/Axe FXII's in favor of EZ Mix guitar tone, my fact stands! :)

Although the EZX is decent, this year's metal month is reminding me of this gem

KKV_pack_combo-b0e00e6f85222fac5b1440f5994abd20.jpg

You too can be a bedroom metal god!

LOL! Let me revise my "fact" then for all you haters.

Toontrack ARE well known for great drum sounds and more importantly making the process of writing and recording music a lot easier that it has been without their products.

The EZ Mix guitar modeling is acceptable for a demo but I've never heard someone gushing over guitar tone from EZ Mix. Until any of those guys give up their real amps/Kempers/Axe FXII's in favor of EZ Mix guitar tone, my fact stands! :)

Because there are people "giving up their drumkits" for a Roland E-Kit with Superior Drummer or EZDrummer? What a weird criterion...

Why would any of the Metal Guitar Gods "give up" their known, dependable rigs to run a preset that is merely a "snapshot" of said rig from a laptop every night? The product isn't FOR THEM. It's for people like us who can't afford what they have.

Tosin Abasi and Misha Mansoor recorded the first AAL album with a Pod and many other plugins for this precise reason. Then, when he was more successful, he upgraded. That doesn't make the first AAL album garbage. It's all sims and samples, but it sounds good still.

Put another way, if you can't make good music and good-sounding recordings with this EZMix pack, the problem is user error. People are way too fixated on tools these days....

I think the examples sound funny because it's just a single solo'd guitar track and the tone switches every riff. Hearing 3 or 4 very different tones back to back like that is an awful thing to do. If you take one of those tones and just jam with it for a few minutes you'll notice their not that bad.

I'm positive that the release at the end of the month will be a Metal Machine SDX.

image on website that's half-hidden by default is two M's with metal inside:

top8.jpg

And this is what you see in dev tools - "superior line" for that container:

MMSDX.png

I'm positive that the release at the end of the month will be a Metal Machine EZX.

image on website that's half-hidden by default is two M's with metal inside:

And this is what you see in dev tools - "superior line" for that container:

you mean metal machine sdx?

Could also be a couple of "3"s...superior....hmm...;)
Dont think they'd do that for metal month....which is also "MM". we'll see haha

I'm positive that the release at the end of the month will be a Metal Machine SDX.

Yea that was pretty obvious from the very start of metal month. Thought that was a given two weeks ago. MM with machines inside it. RAW SUPERIOR power. If it's anything BUT the raw andy sneap SD set, then they REALLY suck at dropping hints.

Typo, I did mean SDX haha.

I don't think they would do an S3 launch this close to NAMM, personally.

Yeah, Metal Month is typically for add-ons, not an upgrade to the product line. EZ Drummer 2 was announced in March (around Musikmesse, not NAMM) and released in May. Probably see something similar with S3 (but that's just a guess!). Since Musikmesse 2015 will be in April next year, it may be an extra month to wait.

trying the colin ez mix pack now. nice guitar tones in there. way better than metal guitar gods. whats wrong here? :D

anyone else?

If the price stays like this I won't take it until a sale happens, I can't justify myself buying this now.

Question about the Collin pack : is it only compatible with Ez2 or is it load able on S2.0 as an alternative ?