Top 10 fav Bands again!

Yeah there are just way too many excellent bands to narrow it down to 10. So basically I agree.

Also, yes Cog rocks!

Atm:
1. Katatonia
2. Dismember
3. Bloodbath
4. Death
5. Carnage
6. (old) Darkthrone
7. Diabolical Masquerade
8. Amon Amarth
9. Morbid Angel
10. Carcass

Don't care about the order that much, but Katatonia & Dismember are the most important bands for me.

ATM!

1. Opeth
2. Ikuinen Kaamos
3. Porcupine Tree
4. Agalloch
5. Nick Drake
6. King Crimson
7. Katatonia
8. Ulver
9. Akercocke
10. Anathema

First post :) In alphabetical order:
  • 65daysofstatic
  • Anathema
  • The Cure
  • Deftones
  • Katatonia
  • The Mars Volta
  • Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom)
  • Mogwai
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Porcupine Tree
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • The Receiving End of Sirens
Forgive for my twelve, but this is how it goes. There is plenty to mention, but I'll pass. I guess this is not very "heavy" list, so you can mock me :)

The Receiving End of Sirens was an unknown name, so I checked them out.
Love them so far! Thanks for posting them in your list so I could find out about them ;P

I just think they get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much praise and are waaaaaaaaaay more popular than they should be for what they do/create.. It is not that special.

I'm with you Martijn, I could never understand what's so good about AA.
It just doesn't do anything for me. :erk: but tastes differ, and that's good.

1. Katatonia
2. Anathema
3. Pain of Salvation
4. Novembre
5. Porcupine Tree
6. Wolverine
7. Riverside
8. My Dying Bride
9. Blackfield
10. Swallow The Sun

Wait, are we talking about Metallica? If so then I wholeheartedly agree.
No, Metallica actually deserves the praise for sheer merit.
Amon Amarth is the pure definition of an okay band. Good vocals, okay melo"deth" riffs. At least they have no gay keyboard and pop/rock experiments going.
Exactly, that's why I can't understand people going "oh, they're my fave band, they're the best" etc. If you think they are the best of what's on offer, you really have very low musical standards.

Poser Pagans...though I'm pretty sure tons of those bands out there with Thor and Odin on their covers are just a bunch of Atheists too.

And yeah...only AA I put on anymore is the first full length and ep.

It's a forum...I'll express my distaste and my hate all I want...it only makes it worthwhile when you make someone on the other side mad that you have won.

Yeah I'm having a Sapporo.

Don't mind me.

Katatonia
Blind Guardian
Opeth
Finntroll
Diabolical Masquerade
Nevermore
Soilwork
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames (early and middle periods)
Weakling

Man... that was too tough. The only ones that I know are right are the top three. And Diabolical Masquerade and Weakling are my two favorite black metal bands, but I feel bad for having left Emperor out. =[ Finntroll's my favorite folk metal band, but then there's Vintersorg. *sigh* Aw, fuck it.