Top 10 fav Bands again!

Still Life owns them all.

Just because of Serenity Painted Death...and Godhead's Lament....and The Moor...and Moonlapse Vertigo....and White Cluster...and Face of Melinda...and a "meeeeeh" on Benighted haha.

I disagree, it's their least good i.m.o.. but as said, that's just m.o.

I'd suggest (to the_mourner13) to get the album "Blackwater Park", since that features "Bleak" (which is an AWESOME track btw).

well, opinions differ, thats ok. BWP is my least favourite Opeth album (if you cound Deliverans and Damnation together as one, as they were originally meant to be released) i's rank Opeth albums this way:

1. MAYH
2. Still Life
3. Orchid
4. Morningrise
5. Ghost Reveries
6. Deliverance/Damnation
7. Blackwater Park

this doesn't mean BWP isn't good. it's just nowhere near the brilliance of MAYH.

Still Life owns them all.

Just because of Serenity Painted Death...and Godhead's Lament....and The Moor...and Moonlapse Vertigo....and White Cluster...and Face of Melinda...and a "meeeeeh" on Benighted haha.

If still life could live up to its two opening tracks it just might be up there with blackwater.

the moor/godhead's :headbang:

The Moor, is the single, greatest Opeth song imo....period! Still Life is definitely the pinnacle of their career. That's the one they still have to top. Now, Godhead's Lament "clean" vocal part is arguably the single, greatest moment on that album.

Aye, it's hard to compare all the songs on the album because even Moonlapse is full of jazzy beauty. I love the jazzy solo thrown in there - pure class! Moments like that are hard to come by...

Bleak, April Ethereal, The Moor, Godhead's Lament and When are the 5 best songs from the band. That's quite an easy list for me to make, actually...to me, there's just no denying it. Those songs are like "sex" to me, hehe.

Note: I actually started off with Morningrise, and of course it was my favourite album for quite some time. But now, it feels a bit generic...

The Moor, is the single, greatest Opeth song imo....period! Still Life is definitely the pinnacle of their career. That's the one they still have to top.
I think they just topped Still Life with Blackwater Park...SL is a very close second.

If still life could live up to its two opening tracks it just might be up there with blackwater.

the moor/godhead's :headbang:
Moonlapse Vertigo is the best song off Still Life. Well its at least my favourite. The clean vocal part at the end is fucking orgasmic.

Now, Godhead's Lament "clean" vocal part is arguably the single, greatest moment on that album.
Also a great moment on Still Life

'The Moor' ist overrated imho. it's a good song, but it doesn't even come close to 'Godhead's Lament' or 'Moonlapse Vertigo', which are just awesome, esp. 'Godhead's Lament', my favourite song on Still Life. if i'd chose my favourite Opeth songs that would be:

1. Karma
2. Godead's Lament
3. The Twilight Is My Robe
4. Advent
5. April Ethereal
6. When
7. Dirge For November
8. Credence
9. Moonlapse Vertigo
10. Baying Of The Hounds

1. Advent
2. To Bid You Farewell
3. Black Rose Immortal
4. The Night and the Silent Water
5. Windowpane
6. The Drapery Falls
7. Forest of October
8. In the Mist She Was Standing
9. Harvest
10. Deliverance

I'll stick to my favorite bands list, because thats already hard enough for me. In random order, at this moment:

OSI
Anathema
Katatonia
Alice in Chains
Opeth
Novembers Doom
Agalloch
Mark Lanegan
Mastodon
Arsis
Akira Yamaoka

1. Blackwater Park
2. Moonlapse Vertigo
3. The Night And The Silent Water
4. Closure
5. The Amen Corner
6. Under The Weeping Moon
7. Bleak
8. Godhead's Lament
9. In Mist She Was Standing
10. Advent

Opeth favourites? No particular order:

- Bleak
- Advent
- Black Rose Immortal
- Windowpane
- Hope Leaves
- Deliverance
- Master's Apprentices
- Ghost of Perdition
- In Mist She Was Standing
- To Bid You Farewell

No paticular order

1.Leper Affinity
2.Windowpane
3.Forest Of October
4.Blackwater Park
5.White Cluster
6.Godhead's Lament
7.Advent
8.In Mist She Was Standing
9.Masters Apprentices
10.Bleak

allright, ill try to compile an opeth list as well:

- Forest of October
- Advent
- When
- Bleak
- Dirge for November
- Blackwater Park
- By the Pain I see in Others
- Closure
- Weakness
- Ghost of Perdition

+ the whole of Still Life :kickass: One cannot dissect that album in seperate pieces.

The Drapery Falls
Demon of the Fall
Windowpane
Advent
Forest of October
To Bid You Farewell
Black Rose Immortal
The Night and the Silent Water
Godhead's Lament
Harvest