Top 10 Lists for 2004 - now published!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Each reviewers top 10 list, PLUS an 'accumulated' list based on how many times an album appeared plus its ranking:

1 = 10 points
2 = 9 points

etc.

Just hovering outside of the accumulated top 10 list were: Nasheim (7 points), Neurosis (7 points), Morgion (6 points), Deathspell Omega (6 points), and Graveland (3 points).

Ok what are you waiting for? Go look see. :kickass:

Excellent job on your lists guys. I'd have to say the one closest aligned with my eventual year end list would be Jay, even with the inclusion of Megadeth (extremely welcome return for sure, but not top 10 material IMO) and another dig at Anathema... :) BWD would be second...loved the "unheard until 2004" section.

JayKeeley said:
9. GRAVELAND – Dawn of Iron Blades
Quite simply, it's the best GRAVELAND offering yet. Yes, better than Immortal Pride. Epic, less repetitive, anthemic, galloping horses, war cries, multiple riffs, viking swords, Polish sausage, three chicks in a hot tub, chainmail pajamas, and inevitably 'small penis syndrome'. Put it all together and it churns away to destroy Judeo-Christianity for call out of a new facsist state. Yeah, that's just what Poland needs to bring them out of the dark ages. New angry album is already in the pipeline - working title is, "Once you go black, you never go back - or at least that's what the wife said".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yay for those who placed Isis. Boo for those of you who didn't.

Nice to see The Chasm in there.

and of course, yay for Graveland.

Nope, I checked already. :loco: Mine was Queens of the Stone Age - Stone Age Complications. I'll email JayK.

Isis deserves a top 10 mention definitely, but when I turned in my list it was still hovering about the bottom end of a top 20. :(

One Inch Man said:
Nope, I checked already. :loco: Mine was Queens of the Stone Age - Stone Age Complications. I'll email JayK.
Oh yeah, that's all fixed now. It's 'cos you never highlighted it as an EP and I forgot I already asked. :loco: Whatever - no big deal.

[bitch because it's about fucking time]

What's more amazing I think is that we still have people who can't remember the categories; remember the guidelines; send in album covers; send in album covers in the right sizes; send me anything without having to chase them down. This accounts for approximately half the team.

I just don't get how with 6 weeks notice (and three subsequent reminders) that anyone on the team had less time than me to get this done right and in one go! *shakes head*

With that said, the rest of us got everything submitted on time and in perfect order. Thanks.

[/bitch because it's about fucking time]

Honestly, listing an EP on the wrong list is the LEAST of my worries. :tickled:

Now enjoy the lists and for the readers, as with last year, feel free to start your own SINGLE thread and publish your own lists. :)

Things of 2004 That Cause Ali Stress:
1) Floridian Jewish Sea"food"
2) Melodeth
3) year end Top 10's for Royal Carnage

:loco:

One Inch Man said:
Things of 2004 That Cause Ali Stress:
1) Floridian Jewish Sea"food"
2) Melodeth
3) year end Top 10's for Royal Carnage

:loco:
1) Floridian Jewish Sea"food" with a radical Xtian from Korea
2) Melodeath and Metalcore (see latest signings from Metal Blade and NB)
3) Make that 'Royal Carnage' period, but yeah, top 10 is fucking peak season :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
Oh yeah, that's all fixed now. It's 'cos you never highlighted it as an EP and I forgot I already asked. :loco: Whatever - no big deal.

[bitch because it's about fucking time]

What's more amazing I think is that we still have people who can't remember the categories; remember the guidelines; send in album covers; send in album covers in the right sizes; send me anything without having to chase them down. This accounts for approximately half the team.

I just don't get how with 6 weeks notice (and three subsequent reminders) that anyone on the team had less time than me to get this done right and in one go! *shakes head*

With that said, the rest of us got everything submitted on time and in perfect order. Thanks.

[/bitch because it's about fucking time]

Honestly, listing an EP on the wrong list is the LEAST of my worries. :tickled:

Now enjoy the lists and for the readers, as with last year, feel free to start your own SINGLE thread and publish your own lists. :)
Alright, jerky, first of all, I didn't even have half of these retarded categories last year, so it's understandable why I didn't "remember" them. :loco: And I did offer up answers for them, you just chose not to include them.

Status
Not open for further replies.