Top 10 Lists for 2004 - now published!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonspell said:
Excellent job on your lists guys. I'd have to say the one closest aligned with my eventual year end list would be Jay, even with the inclusion of Megadeth (extremely welcome return for sure, but not top 10 material IMO)
Thanks.

I really thought hard about the Megadeth, but I felt by not having them in the top 10 would somehow seem 'unrewarding' when they deserve to be there. The simple fact is, it was a comeback that succeeded beyond anyone's belief (see all the comebacks that normally fail), and it was an improvement over the last 4 albums.

Also, and probably most importantly, I enjoy it immensely. It's probably the album I sing along with and air guitar to the most. :tickled:

Papa Josh said:
Alright, jerky, first of all, I didn't even have half of these retarded categories last year, so it's understandable why I didn't "remember" them. :loco: And I did offer up answers for them, you just chose not to include them.
Yes, it was the first time we included them for everyone. No excuse, everyone had 6 weeks, and everyone got the same e-mails listing the categories.

Oh and yes, your answer for best three songs from 2004 was "anything from Helmet". OK right......try not to put too much thought into it why not.

JayKeeley said:
Yes, it was the first time we included them for everyone. No excuse, everyone had 6 weeks, and everyone got the same e-mails listing the categories.

Oh and yes, your answer for best three songs from 2004 was "anything from Helmet". OK right......try not to put too much thought into it why not.
And I like how these categories were decided by the group. I know I didn't discuss it with anyone. And yes, I did put a bit of thought into it, because when I think of my metal, I don't think of songs, that's fucking pop music. I think of albums. I put thought into my answer for best 2003 that I didn't hear until 2004.... so if you're gonna bitch at me in public, say my name, don't hide behind vague posts like half of the team are lazy asses, blah, blah, blah... :rolleyes:

Papa Josh said:
And I like how these categories were decided by the group. I know I didn't discuss it with anyone.
What does that matter who came up with the categories? I'd imagine that most people prefer these lists than what we've had previously.

And yes, I did put a bit of thought into it, because when I think of my metal, I don't think of songs, that's fucking pop music. I think of albums.
I see. So when you review an album, you don't highlight the better songs?

I put thought into my answer for best 2003 that I didn't hear until 2004....
Oh yes, here it is....your answer on a last minute e-mail:

My memory isn't too good on categories like this, I can't remember when I heard shit half of the time. Chances are if it didn't make my Top 25 of last year, I still haven't heard it.

:lol: I mean, are you serious? Were you on the bong when you wrote this?

Papa Josh said:
so if you're gonna bitch at me in public, say my name, don't hide behind vague posts like half of the team are lazy asses, blah, blah, blah... :rolleyes:
NO! It was HALF the team. I'm not going to call out names because you lot know who you are. YOU specifically decided to come out the closet and own up.

I'm not sure how you even THINK you have a leg to stand on in this argument. If you didn't comply with what was required, you didn't comply. It's that simple.

JayKeeley said:
What does that matter who came up with the categories? I'd imagine that most people prefer these lists than what we've had previously.

I see. So when you review an album, you don't highlight the better songs?

Oh yes, here it is....your answer on a last minute e-mail:

My memory isn't too good on categories like this, I can't remember when I heard shit half of the time. Chances are if it didn't make my Top 25 of last year, I still haven't heard it.

:lol: I mean, are you serious? Were you on the bong when you wrote this?
I'm dead serious, and WTF are u talking about? Anybody that's known me for the time I have been a member of UM knows that I live on the bong. It's a food group, for fucking christ sakes.

You criticize me for the amount of time I took on a category??? I emailed you asking if you wanted me to resize my picks for you, and this is what came out of YOUR mouth:

"No - I'll do it.

I'd rather you spend 5 minutes thinking of:

Top 3 Songs

Fave Label

Fave Cover Art

Best Albums from 2003 (that you didn't hear till 2004)

Albums for 2005"

I don't like having my list mocked, and frankly I'm getting a bit pissed off here in public, because I think you need to come down off your moral high horse. You're bitching about people not having shit formatted right and putting it out there for the public to read... c'mon.... Personally, I think the labels would've found my favorite label response quite funny.

But do what you want, it's your zine and not ours, right?

Hey, setle the fuck down guys. :loco:

With that said, good job to all. I see more eye-to-eye with Erik's list than any other.

I guess Drudkh & Hate Forest are included in this year's releases then eh?

J. said:
yeah, about 2003 releases.
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling. :dopey:

I used US CD release dates, Fantomas, Blut Aus Nord, and Mithras came out elsewhere in 2003, but not in the US. From what I gathered Hate Forest and Drudkh were released on CD in 2004.

I'll have my own list later. Please try to contain your enthusiasm.

Oh . . . and JayKeeley and PJ both do excellent jobs with everything they do for the webzine. I think my email updates are from PJ. Anyway, I know how hard it is to get this type of stuff done. You do it simply for fun, and it sucks when it becomes more than that. With that said, the lists are all very interesting, but BWD gets my vote for BEST LIST OF THE BUNCH.

its personal opinion, but how did Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth and Ayreon make any top 10 lists? Just wondering why? The rest of the lists look quite excellent.

speed said:
its personal opinion, but how did Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth and Ayreon make any top 10 lists? Just wondering why? The rest of the lists look quite excellent.
Well, each writer provided a paragraph on why they thought the album should appear in their own lists....is that what you're asking?

Papa Josh said:
I am hoping that the sarcasm I am sensing here is my mistake....
No no, I'm agreeing - you do send out the e-mail updates. I'd just thought you'd at least outline what everyone else does as well, just to make it a little fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.