top 100 metal guitarists

02-Kirk Hammett
77-Joe Satriani

OOOOOOOOOHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirk Hammett was the worst student of Satriani...

The fact that there are 76 guitarists in front of Satriani makes no sense at all. The fact that Munky and Head are even on the list makes no sense to me.

Neil Young?

Alexi at 96, eh?

Where's Jeff Loomis?

Kirk Hammet number 2? Oh yeah, this is also the magazine in last month's issue I believe that claimed this guy as the best metal guitarist out there. Am I the only one that's laughing at this?

Chuck at 20 is pretty reasonable, if it were a poll based on skill I'd like to see him in the top 15. But seeing that this entire poll seems to be based upon influence rather than skill most of the rankings will be pretty ridiculous.

But, aren't all of these Top Guitarists Polls pretty useless or is it just me? I know I implied that Satch should be 1 but just on this list. I mean overall there is no such thing as the greatest guitar player of all-time. And these polls seem to do nothing more than to annoy people. I feel that way.
But, it could be worse guys.
Like that poll in Rolling Stone where it too was ranked by influence, and Duane Allman was 2 and worse Cobain was 12. While Joe Satriani was no where to be found. I think Jerry Garcia was 13. Who picks up a guitar and says I want to play like Jerry from Grateful Dead? Or "Gee, I wish I could play as well as Cobain," that was a joke.

And I'm still needing some answers from the fellows for that magazine for the questions earlier stated.

Guitar World said:
This is not a list that ranks who can play the fastest or with the most taste, feeling or technique (although many players on our list have all of those arrows in their quiver). It is, rather, a tribute to the great men who shit iron and piss stainless steel razor blades, and do it every time they plug into an amplifier.

Well it never really struck me why anyone would make a top 100 list since that´s just ridiculos (I could probably think of a hundred guitarist equally good), but at least it´s nice that it begins with Iommi instead of Hendrix (who normaly always is number one regardless) and it´s also great that Opeth is there and even in top 50 i´ve never seen that before.

marcus sunesson (the crown) should have been on there!!

and how the fuck is michael angelo 98, he is so fucking fast and incredible!!

michael angelo at 98? bullshit, how many people have seen him play?
oh, and kirk hammet sucks, though i love old metallica, i'm not naive enough to say he is one of the great guitarists of metal

its hard to say who should or should not be on here....with everyone having a different opinion, there should and could be about 59,456 guitarists in that top 100.

themooseisloose said:
michael angelo at 98? bullshit, how many people have seen him play?
oh, and kirk hammet sucks, though i love old metallica, i'm not naive enough to say he is one of the great guitarists of metal
Guitar World said:
This is not a list that ranks who can play the fastest or with the most taste, feeling or technique (although many players on our list have all of those arrows in their quiver). It is, rather, a tribute to the great men who shit iron and piss stainless steel razor blades, and do it every time they plug into an amplifier.

Yeah, someone summed it up nicely. A list more in line with influence rather than ability. I don't know if you guys have heard of Kalmah, but certainly the Kokko brothers from the group would make top 100 in terms of ability.