Top five albums of 2002 so far...

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
Well it's been pretty thin this year for me...It seems like every band I love released their new albums last year! This list is made bearing in mind that the new Opeth disc has not yet been released(and will surely jump to number one status of the year for me when it is!), and I don't have the new Sentenced album yet!

1. Dark Tranquillity-Damage Done(I just picked this up yesterday and can already see it may only be outdone by the new Opeth!)
  2. Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos
  3. Down-Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow
  4. Dio-Killing The Dragon(I had Green Carnation here, I have no idea how I did this but I didn't include Dio's new one here so since Green Carnation was Last year, Dio gets this spot!)
  5. In Flames-Reroute To Remain(Also just picked this one up yesterday and I like it alot despite the naysayers!)
    [/list=1]

And yes, I agree with you Triumphant Apsotle, most of the abulms that I would have like to put on my list came out in 2001. It was pretty hard finding some that would go in the top 5.

I'm not going to rate the abulms in order of how much I like them... it's almost impossible to do that. But between the abulms that came out this year, I would have to say...

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Dark Tranquility - Damage Done
In Flames - Reroute to Remain (I didn't think this was that bad either. Not their best work, some of the songs seemed rushed to be put on there, but it doesn't throughly suck.)
Meshuggah - Nothing

I'm only going to put four, because I haven't heard the new Opeth abulm, but I can tell you it'll be up there. Opeth never dissapoints me.

hrmmmmm i have to think....

soilwork

midtown((yea yea laugh))

Opeth

Within Temptation

the queen of the damned soundtrack! haha i cant think of anything else.:p

King Diamond - Abigail II: The Revenge

Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera

Halford - Crucible

W.A.S.P. - Dying For The World

Dio - Killing The Dragon

Amon Amarth - Versus the world
Agalloch - The mantle
Immortal - Sons of northern darkness
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Sentenced - The cold white light

1.Hate Eternal - King of All Kings
2.The Crown - Crowned In Terror
3.Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
4.Vader - Revelations
5.Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors

Nile - "In Their Darkened Shrines"
Immortal - "Sons Of Northern Darkness"
Decapitated - "Nihility"
Limbonic Art – “The Ultimate Death Worship”
Mörk Gryning – ”Maelstrom Chaos”
Taake - "Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik"
Myrkskog - "Superior Massacre"

Sorry guys... I can´t point out only five...

this probably won't count...i'm gonna go with Albums i have bought this year regardless of the year of release.

1.Nile-In Their Darkened Shrines
2.Isis-Celestial
3.Soilent Green-A Deleated Symphony For The Beaten Down
4.Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos
5.Qeens Of The Stone Age-Songs For The Deaf

I havent heard all the releases this year but from what i have heard:
Arcturus: The Sham Mirrors
Dark Tranquility Damage Done
Nile In their Darkened Shrines

I was very disappointed with the new In Flames- and moderately disappointed with the both the new Soilwork, and the new Meshuggah.

I hear the new ISIS and Opeth are brilliant i have yet to hear them. Ive got to pick up the new darkane as well