Top ten bands that ruined metal in your opinion

Metallica because they basically stopped playing real metal and turned into radio-friendly, poppy, mainstream-friendly hard rock and everyone jumped on that bandwagon, assuming they were becoming metal fans. Then a bunch of even worse nu-metal bands sprang up and it just got out of hand for a while.

I'm just thankful that the worst we have now is metalcore. I can stomach a lot of that...but bands like korn can scrub my balls.

I don't see how it's Metallica's fault that a bunch of has-been second-tier thrash bands jumped on the bandwagon. Fuck those bands for being trend whores.

Because a lot thrash metal fans are in the closet that their favorite bands are just as much of knuckle-dragging "tuff-guys" lyrically as Pantera is.

Metallica because they basically stopped playing real metal and turned into radio-friendly, poppy, mainstream-friendly hard rock and everyone jumped on that bandwagon, assuming they were becoming metal fans. Then a bunch of even worse nu-metal bands sprang up and it just got out of hand for a while.

I'm just thankful that the worst we have now is metalcore. I can stomach a lot of that...but bands like korn can scrub my balls.

Do you think nu-metal happened because of Metallica?

Do you think nu-metal happened because of Metallica?

No, but Metallica is fairly responsible for bringing bad metal into the mainstream. It's true that hair metal and all that was pretty mainstream before Metallica ever sold out, but none of that was "extreme" in any way.

I wouldn't blame Metallica solely, but they deserve the most blame, in my opinion.

What do you mean by 'none of that was "extreme" in any way'? Extremely bad metal or bad extreme metal in the sense that bands like Slipknot are extreme? And how did they do that? The Black Album and the Loads are mainstream metal/rock stuff, nothing like the "bad metal" I assume you have in mind.

iN fLaYmeZ

In.Flames-band-2005.jpg

jUmP dA fUcK uP !!!!

No band ruined metal because half the bands people think of that are bad only say they are metal so in theory just the people going around saying this band that band are just deepening the wound by what is essentially agreeing they are metal, and everyone who isn't blaming those bands are just blaming bands they don't like...

No band ruined metal because half the bands people think of that are bad only say they are metal so in theory just the people going around saying this band that band are just deepening the wound by what is essentially agreeing they are metal, and everyone who isn't blaming those bands are just blaming bands they don't like...

lolwut.jpg