• Scarlett's Walk

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Strange Little Girls

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The Beekeeper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Liquid Diamonds said:
As a musician, and pianistic composer, Tori slaughters everyone on that list. Her musical progressions and ideas are forward-thinking and abstract.

LOL, fucking solid gold. you just made my day. now you can go back to sniffing your navel lint you peasant.

NineFeetUnderground said:
LOL, fucking solid gold. you just made my day. now you can go back to sniffing your navel lint you peasant.

You have yet to offer a single example to contradict his statement despite repeated requests, and instead you resort to name-calling and vague assertions of knowledge which you may or may not possess. And you're not much of an elitist if you like Opeth, as all the real elitists dismiss them as a band that once showed promise and is now stuck in a rut of churning out increasingly poppy, formulaic crap, and consider everyone who thinks they are anything special an utter moron.

You seem to think there's some objective criteria by which artists fit into the higher and lower tiers that you speak of. How exactly have you used this scientific formula to determine that Tori Amos is much less of a musician than these hypothetical female singer/songwriters you speak of as making her completely irrelevant? And I don't necessarily disagree with his statement that she blows other female singer/songwriters out of the water in the pianistic and compositional ability department, I have yet to hear any others that use complex shifting time signatures and have as complex of arrangements as her that weren't written by someone else (*coughKATEBUSHcough*).

I always feel stupid engaging in any discussion against you, not because you actually seem to be more knowledgeable than many on these forums, but because I remain unconvinced that this outrageous asshole persona isn't a complete joke and that you're just laughing like a gremlin whenever you post anything. About half your posts definitely point to this, as they're so incredibly (and sometimes hilariously, like earlier in this thread) nasty, unhelpful and downright idiotic that I can't imagine anyone could post them non-ironically.

I think every genre has its tiers, and the essentials and the rudimentary.

The only valid and worthwhile thing you've said in this thread.

Peasant? Oh really? That'll be why I'm doing a law degree, right? If you want to sling shit at other people (and let's not forget how vehemently you criticised Ironbeard for the same thing), then at least make the effort to display even the tiniest morsel of intelligence while doing so, instead of succumbing to the temptation of being a verbally flatulent, massively irritating troll.

You have the potential to be so constructive and helpful, why do you keep insisting on being a waste of a keyboard?

actually ive denied it many many times. i think you underestimate how fucking noobish you are here...theres much ive said youve never viewed, and youre certainly NOT the first to ever ignorantly acuse me of being "elitist", so dont flatter yourself. What i clarify typically is that im not an elitist, but im a purist. elitists are people who think jazz is the best and only genre, or that classical is superior and the only way to listen to music, or the worst example....someone who thinks black metal is the best kind of metal and everything else sucks, etc. As you well know...im not any of those things...but i am indeed a purist. I think every genre has its tiers, and the essentials and the rudimentary. What you people seem to lack is the ability to distinguish the two. I.E. those who say "Opeth kicks ass!" then in the next sentence say "Amon Amarth kicks ass!". If you can wrap your head around the ridiculousness and apathy towards one improving their musical journey and pallate, then you can most definitely figure out my intentions here.

This is an explination I can live with. Yea, yea ok, you've justified yourself.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Peasant? Oh really? That'll be why I'm doing a law degree, right? If you want to sling shit at other people (and let's not forget how vehemently you criticised Ironbeard for the same thing), then at least make the effort to display even the tiniest morsel of intelligence while doing so, instead of succumbing to the temptation of being a verbally flatulent, massively irritating troll.

You have the potential to be so constructive and helpful, why do you keep insisting on being a waste of a keyboard?

bh why dont you just put him on ignore if you think he's a troll and a waste of a keyboard?

without nfu these boards would be really dull lets face it

:usefulpozt:

wankerness said:
You have yet to offer a single example to contradict his statement despite repeated requests, and instead you resort to name-calling and vague assertions of knowledge which you may or may not possess. And you're not much of an elitist if you like Opeth, as all the real elitists dismiss them as a band that once showed promise and is now stuck in a rut of churning out increasingly poppy, formulaic crap, and consider everyone who thinks they are anything special an utter moron.

You seem to think there's some objective criteria by which artists fit into the higher and lower tiers that you speak of. How exactly have you used this scientific formula to determine that Tori Amos is much less of a musician than these hypothetical female singer/songwriters you speak of as making her completely irrelevant? And I don't necessarily disagree with his statement that she blows other female singer/songwriters out of the water in the pianistic and compositional ability department, I have yet to hear any others that use complex shifting time signatures and have as complex of arrangements as her that weren't written by someone else (*coughKATEBUSHcough*).

I always feel stupid engaging in any discussion against you, not because you actually seem to be more knowledgeable than many on these forums, but because I remain unconvinced that this outrageous asshole persona isn't a complete joke and that you're just laughing like a gremlin whenever you post anything. About half your posts definitely point to this, as they're so incredibly (and sometimes hilariously, like earlier in this thread) nasty, unhelpful and downright idiotic that I can't imagine anyone could post them non-ironically.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

wankerness: of course this persona isnt REALLY me. i cant beleive people can be so daft to think that im completely serious. and of course i have examples. i never open my mouth unless i have something to back it up...there ARE other female artists...but the fact that i have to list them for you, i feel is a much stronger argument than exposing you to better music. id have to care about you to want to do that wouldnt i?

liquid diamonds: whatever your future career goal is, has nothing to do with my insults or shit slinging, only the topic at hand. i am constructive and helpful often, most of you just dont open your eyes when i do it. nor can ANY of you read between the lines. i practically have to spell things out for you children in chocolate pudding for any of you to take my advice.

powers: good...because i think it makes sense, and shouldnt be a mystery to anyone here...luckily youre not as gullible and blind as most.

worldwide suicide: you are a complete tool. i dont think youve ever once said a single thing which has ever made me think "oh...interesting.". You bowing down to a statement by wankerness at the drop of a hat just further proves your uselessness and ability to make any obvious distinction out of what i say on here.

to everyone: there are those of you that have paid attention. and you have been rewarded in the past...be it through taking some of my suggestions, or even just taking what i have to say with a grain of salt. unfortunately for the rest, there are still those of you who continue to be stubborn the whole way and drag your feet in the sand against anything i say simply because i dont sugar coat or pay any attention to most of your opinions which i disagree with. Tori Amos is still awful...i stand by that. You can now either spend the time to figure out whos better (and indeed there are many). Or you can continue to sit there on your lip, with your arms crossed crying about how i am just a troll or dont have the information to back up my statements.
hopefully most of you are bright enough to know that i do...i think its been proven time and time again in the past...but i cant help wankerness realize this, and frankly...its his loss. and anyone who takes this beyond either of those steps...has issues anyway. good day.

yeah, i think taking NFU seriously is stupid. i just take some recommendations from him (let's face it, we all have) and ignore all the crap he surrounds his recommendations with. It's just that simple.
Other than that, i have my artists i like (TA being one of those) and keep liking them and praising them regardless of what NFU thinks about it.

edit: spelling

Wow, same old people saying the same old things, good and bad... how unexpected :erk:

I was actually really indifferent to that "Me And A Gun" song... I watched a version of it from a Jools Holland show on YouTube, and it really didn't punch me with a great deal of anything... maybe it was a bad performance? I don't know.

I am pretty sure if I saw the whole show on TV I wouldn't have turned over when she was on, but I certainly wouldn't have been rushing to explore her any further...

^well, you should try some more of her stuff... specially her first 4 records and scarlett's walk... the others are a bit bland, but those first 4 are great!

Well, NFU, I never said I didn't understand what you're doing. Tbh, I think your last post was intelligent, and I get your point. I don't really see why you would bother to conduct yourself in this manner, it seems fairly pointless to me, but fair enough.

What can I say? I respect your opinions, and I appreciate your recommendations, but sometimes you're just so goddamn condescending I have to blow off a little steam :p

What's funny about that is, you probably just think I'm an idiot :lol:

Liquid Diamonds said:
Well, NFU, I never said I didn't understand what you're doing. Tbh, I think your last post was intelligent, and I get your point. I don't really see why you would bother to conduct yourself in this manner, it seems fairly pointless to me, but fair enough.

What can I say? I respect your opinions, and I appreciate your recommendations, but sometimes you're just so goddamn condescending I have to blow off a little steam :p

What's funny about that is, you probably just think I'm an idiot :lol:

were all idiots, im no exception. why else would i continue to post here?