Traditional Metal

Finally bought Burst Into Flame. Album is pretty damn good but leading with the title track is a tough act to follow.

My only major beef with the recent Blaze albums is how the vocals are mixed.

His stuff with Wolfsbane was good. Blaze is a good vocalist if he stays within his range. The problem with Blaze in Maiden was that he was trying to sing stuff out of his range and of course it's going to suck. I still prefer The X Factor over the two albums with Di'Anno. Virtual XI is the worst Maiden album by light years.

Bought 8 albums from stormspell the day after christmas. I know the fucker has on the site it'll take 1-3 weeks to ship but goddamn. 17 days later I finally get a shipping confirmation.

Reactions: rms
For me it's all about '83 to '86.

I love all those albums for sure. I just love the small venue rock n roll feel of the first two. Had a cover band play the Di'Anno era maiden here a few weeks ago. What a fucking blast. I won't shit on anything Bruce has done though, it's all pretty incredible in it's own way. Almost incomparable.

@CiG I'm bad at deciphering lyrics even in English, so this'll be interesting...

Well, the song title is "Flight of the Falcon." I gave it a couple of quick listens, and fall into the same thing I do with songs in English, where I catch the nouns and some verbs but can't make sense of everything else, so in this case I'll hear stuff like knecht (servant), knochen gespalten (bones fractured), but without quite getting the context. The first section a little tricky for me and then it gets simpler. There's a cool line in the chorus that stands out pretty clearly because of the simple formulation: "No dancing, no singing, no gold in the goblet, no peace in the heart, no loyalty, and no justice. The end of the song is easy. Word for word, it's "The falcon flies in the bright blue, a spring wind carries him upward." @Burkhard Could probably do a much better job :lol:

Grendel’s Syster are cool people. I bought that ep and they sent me a 7 with it for free. Hoping for a full length soon.